2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS interiors, perhaps not so unique after all...

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/06, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS interiors, perhaps not so unique after all...

I've been ogling all the great CS pics that have been posted recently, I'm really digging what I've seen so far! Initially when I saw the pics I thought the entire interior color scheme was unique to the CS, but upon doing some further comparisons I was a little surprised to find that the interiors are only slightly different than the 05/ 06 GT interiors. Basically the black/ parchment interior is the old parchment interior with a substitution of black carpeting and black seat trim (bolsters, headrests, backs). And the black/ dove interior is identical to the graphite interior, except with the same alteration of black carpeting and black seat trim. I didn't notice this before because my '05 has the ICAP interior, so I'm used to looking at all black with red seats and door panel inserts I still think the CS interiors look great, but I guess I didn't realize that the 05/ 06 parchment and graphite interiors already had a lot of the same two-tone treatment.
Old 6/22/06, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Here's a comparison shot of one of Tony's GTCS black/ parchment photos and a photo of a stock '05 GT parchment interior...
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS interiors, perhaps not so unique after all...-gtcs-parch-black-1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 6/22/06, 10:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Throwin' in all they've got now...

because of the MY2009. Mix and match with old and new materials,
and they save money on carpeting and seat moldings because they're all black this year!
Old 6/23/06, 04:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I've been ogling all the great CS pics that have been posted recently, I'm really digging what I've seen so far! Initially when I saw the pics I thought the entire interior color scheme was unique to the CS, but upon doing some further comparisons I was a little surprised to find that the interiors are only slightly different than the 05/ 06 GT interiors. Basically the black/ parchment interior is the old parchment interior with a substitution of black carpeting and black seat trim (bolsters, headrests, backs). And the black/ dove interior is identical to the graphite interior, except with the same alteration of black carpeting and black seat trim.
I was thinking the same thing last night. Thanks for posting the photos to back this up.

It would appear that the premium trim is where you get the old ICAP interior with the addition of either charcoal, parchment, dove or chamois on top of the red for the seats and door inserts on black door panels. Along with black carpet and additional upgrades.

I think we are beginning to figure this out. It helps to know exactly what it is your ordering!
Old 6/23/06, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
because of the MY2009. Mix and match with old and new materials, and they save money on carpeting and seat moldings because they're all black this year!
Very true, and kudos to them for figuring out how to change a few colors to dramatically change the appearance of the interior! I think the old "regular" graphite and parchment interior colors are still options though, so they'll still have to make 3 colors of carpet and seat plastic trim.

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
I was thinking the same thing last night. Thanks for posting the photos to back this up.

It would appear that the premium trim is where you get the old ICAP interior with the addition of either charcoal, parchment, dove or chamois on top of the red for the seats and door inserts on black door panels. Along with black carpet and additional upgrades.

I think we are beginning to figure this out. It helps to know exactly what it is your ordering!
Yes, exactly what I was thinking too. Now if we could just get some pictures of the "wrapped & stitched IP brow & center console lid, upgraded door armrests w/ stitching" then I think that would solve all the "mysteries" of the new '07 stuff
Old 6/23/06, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
For some reason when I saw it, the parchment seemed lighter than the '05 and '05 model year versions. Perhaps it was the additional black color offsetting the lighter color.

I have the light graphite interior with no IUP and the interior sport appearance upgrade. Based on what it says on the VOC, "black floormats" are the only subitem mentioned. I was thinking the seats would be graphite colored and the carpet would be black. However, it might come with black seats. Look at this photo from the '07 MY Job 1 PowerPoint file (http://www.stangsunleashed.com/docs/07.fordjob1.ppt). I want the ponies on the cloth seats, whether they are black or graphite!

Thanks for the deductive reasoning work!
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS interiors, perhaps not so unique after all...-07_isa.jpg