2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Getting a little upset at the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/06, 06:37 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Getting a little upset at the Dealer

Took my 07 GT/Cs in to a different Dealer than I brought my car from ( other Dealer is 70 miles away) and asked about the 1/4" gap that has grow bigger on the passenger side side pod. (The scoop behind the door). I'm told by the dealer that's an 1 hour job no problem. Well that was last Monday, they broke a clip when the took it off and keep telling me that Ford is sending the wrong clip. So I tell them Wednesday I'll just pick the car up and let me know when the clip comes in. So when I go to pick my car up he points to a Black Camero and says there you go. I ask him if he really works for Ford and start looking for my car.He follows me ,I guess to see what a Mustang looks like. The car is covered in a white dust (It was waxed the night before) and I start to ask him about and he just looks at it and sruggles his shoulders. So I ask him about the Clip and he says they send the stock clip not the California clip. I tell him that there is no stock clip as there is no side scoop on a stock Mustang. Again he just sruggles his shoulders. I called another Dealer and he told me to get the right clip he would have to order the whole scoop. Does anybody have a part number for this clip??? to help me out.

Thanks dly
Old 9/23/06, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
check with Kevin, he is great at Ford parts and picecs.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/member.php?u=4680
Old 9/24/06, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Took my 07 GT/Cs in to a different Dealer than I brought my car from ( other Dealer is 70 miles away) and asked about the 1/4" gap that has grow bigger on the passenger side side pod. (The scoop behind the door). I'm told by the dealer that's an 1 hour job no problem. Well that was last Monday, they broke a clip when the took it off and keep telling me that Ford is sending the wrong clip. So I tell them Wednesday I'll just pick the car up and let me know when the clip comes in. So when I go to pick my car up he points to a Black Camero and says there you go. I ask him if he really works for Ford and start looking for my car.He follows me ,I guess to see what a Mustang looks like. The car is covered in a white dust (It was waxed the night before) and I start to ask him about and he just looks at it and sruggles his shoulders. So I ask him about the Clip and he says they send the stock clip not the California clip. I tell him that there is no stock clip as there is no side scoop on a stock Mustang. Again he just sruggles his shoulders. I called another Dealer and he told me to get the right clip he would have to order the whole scoop. Does anybody have a part number for this clip??? to help me out.

Thanks dly

Arrrgh
Old 9/27/06, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

That is pretty frustrating!
I just went back and forth with my dealer. Long story. Safe to say they got a REAL bad survey rating. Good luck.
Old 9/27/06, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

I also need one of those clips and the only way to get it (this is about a month ago) was to purchase a complete scoop. They had no listing for just that clip.

I am not sure why Ford would choose to not list that clip as a separate part although you do make more money selling a complete scoop than you do selling one clip!
Old 9/28/06, 07:22 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Well They got the clip in and I went down to the Dealer this morning to let them reinstall it. The same gap is still there. They tell me its a bad design. The show me the old one and there is no way you can put any tape in that corner to tighen it up. the clips are just push ins??????

dly
Old 10/1/06, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dly
Well They got the clip in and I went down to the Dealer this morning to let them reinstall it. The same gap is still there. They tell me its a bad design. The show me the old one and there is no way you can put any tape in that corner to tighen it up. the clips are just push ins??????

dly
Darrell - where is the gap on your side scoop - along the top/side/or bottom? I was looking at mine last night and the top and sides are nice and snug while the bottom does have a small gap - but you can see it is because of the design that it can't get any closer to the body. Have you seen yours off the car and how many holes are there in the side of the car attaching the side scoops? I was wondering how much bodywork it would take to remove the side scoops....
Old 10/2/06, 08:26 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

The top front radius has about a 1/4" gap that can't be corrected by this Dealer. I saw the panel off the car and there is a lip all around the edge (for the tape) until you get to the Radius and nothing. There are 2 holes for the clips to go into the body, both about 1/2" round. hope this helps.

dly
Old 10/3/06, 01:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dly
The top front radius has about a 1/4" gap that can't be corrected by this Dealer. I saw the panel off the car and there is a lip all around the edge (for the tape) until you get to the Radius and nothing. There are 2 holes for the clips to go into the body, both about 1/2" round. hope this helps.

dly
Wow - I feel for you if the gap is along the top front edge then it's VERY noticable.....I'm lucky mine are all flush. I hope you can get that fixed - be persistent and get that fixed othewise it's drive you nuts as you will think about that everytime you look at your car!