2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

CS was hit last night! :(

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/10, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lutador83
Hi Everyone,

Not the best way to start off Thanksgiving. My car was hit last night as in a roundabout circle. I was in the right lane which could go straight or turn right onto the exit and the other driver was in the left. As I came near an exit and kept going on straight, the other driver who thought I was turning, turned her car and slammed into mine.

I will try to take pictures of it and upload them here, but the front looks distorted. The bumper is gone, the left front fender is gone, the left rim is gone, and the car does not turn left or right. I'm not sure if it's because the front fender came down onto the wheel well or if it's frame damage. I really can't say at this point.

This is my first time going through this and a friend of mine had mentioned about how for a car like this that is not a regular GT, you can request money from the insurance for the depreciation hit you take from the title showing an accident. Is this true?

It sucks because I was going to sell the car to buy the 2011 CS. But with this, I just don't know. If it does come back to be frame damage, I am going to push the insurance to just give me money outright.

Not sure where you are located. But in Canada, the person in the inside lane has the right of way. From your above statement, you would be at fault. The outside lane must yield to the inside lane. Same thing happend to my sister last year. The person in the right lane or outside lane was at fault.

Best of luck.
Old 11/28/10, 07:53 PM
GT Member

Well that's just crap!!!! Glad to hear no one was hurt, but it sure does feel nasty to walk out and look at it every day......here's hoping it's fixed good as new....
Old 11/29/10, 05:07 AM
Bullitt Member

That really sucks...I know when mine got hit (soccer mom in minivan) I was really bummed as well. I agree you need to look for a HIGH end body shop. I go to a Mercedes Certified Collission shop that specializes in high end cars, from BMW's to the Partridge Family Bus and most high end imports. They did a great job & even post daily pics on line so you can see the progression.....Good Luck in your quest for a 2011 & dont worry your CS will look as good as new in a wek or so.
Old 11/30/10, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

So the car was finally looked at by the adjuster yesterday. Damages are hovering around $3,100 but the shop said there is a possibility that the front may have switched based on the way the fender is positioned. They will have a better idea once they take the car apart and really check it out. As of now, it looks like it will be 2 weeks at the shop.
Old 12/2/10, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Ouch!

So the car was finally looked at by the adjuster yesterday. Damages are hovering around $3,100 but the shop said there is a possibility that the front may have switched based on the way the fender is positioned. They will have a better idea once they take the car apart and really check it out. As of now, it looks like it will be 2 weeks at the shop.
Ouch! Opened this page up as soon as we returned from our Colorado road trip. Sorry to see your very beautiful GT/CS Candi smacked on the left nose! From pictures thinking that it could be just body damage repairs? Hoping subframe is not pushed over? Just so love that color on the California Specials!! Good luck with getting your Candi put back to very cherry once again! Let us know. "RC"
Old 12/3/10, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Ouch! Opened this page up as soon as we returned from our Colorado road trip. Sorry to see your very beautiful GT/CS Candi smacked on the left nose! From pictures thinking that it could be just body damage repairs? Hoping subframe is not pushed over? Just so love that color on the California Specials!! Good luck with getting your Candi put back to very cherry once again! Let us know. "RC"
Thanks CalStang!

That saying that you never really appreciate things when it's not with you is so true. I always loved the CS but now that she's at the shop and I haven't looked at her in days makes me appreciate her that much more!
Old 12/13/10, 04:42 PM
V6 Member

So I just received word from the adjuster on the status of the vehicle.

It turns out the insurance is now doubling the cost to fix and I saw pictures of the car today after they had taken it apart and my heart nearly sank . The shop estimates the vehicle will be done sometime next week. I'm really curious whether or not this car will be the same once I get it back.
Old 12/13/10, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unhappy We feel your pain Cal Brother!!

So I just received word from the adjuster on the status of the vehicle.

It turns out the insurance is now doubling the cost to fix and I saw pictures of the car today after they had taken it apart and my heart nearly sank . The shop estimates the vehicle will be done sometime next week. I'm really curious whether or not this car will be the same once I get it back.
So Bro what did they tell you about the additional damages? What did you see in those shop pix that got to you? Is the sub frame now tweeked over? Make **** sure the use only quality original FoMoCo replacement parts on this accident rebuild!! Hoping for your best turnout on this mess! I know if this was our own Cal I'd be just sick with waiting to get him fixed. Good Luck Here!! "RC"
Old 12/15/10, 07:49 AM

sorry to hear about it! wrecks took the life of my first stang and are definitely not fun to go through but hopefully yours will be back on the road soon!
Old 12/16/10, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

So Bro what did they tell you about the additional damages? What did you see in those shop pix that got to you? Is the sub frame now tweeked over? Make **** sure the use only quality original FoMoCo replacement parts on this accident rebuild!! Hoping for your best turnout on this mess! I know if this was our own Cal I'd be just sick with waiting to get him fixed. Good Luck Here!! "RC"
The pictures were basically the car without all of the cosmetic pieces. Basically the metal and the motor showing which kinda makes your heart sink. In looking at the list of damages, it seems that there were a lot of hidden damages that only became noticeable once the guys took the car apart.

In regards to the parts, the adjuster was saying they are going to use 3rd party parts that are the same spec as Ford that come with a lifetime warranty, whereas Ford only brings 12 months. Is this legit? Seems like a way for the insurance to save some money.

I trust the guy at the shop. When I went in there, I only saw high end cars (couple AMG Mercedes, M3, etc), and so I am hoping they can get the CS up and running like it should.

Fingers crossed.
Old 12/17/10, 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Question Good Luck With This

[quote=lutador83;5986620]The pictures were basically the car without all of the cosmetic pieces. Basically the metal and the motor showing which kinda makes your heart sink. In looking at the list of damages, it seems that there were a lot of hidden damages that only became noticeable once the guys took the car apart.

In regards to the parts, the adjuster was saying they are going to use 3rd party parts that are the same spec as Ford that come with a lifetime warranty, whereas Ford only brings 12 months. Is this legit? Seems like a way for the insurance to save some money.

I trust the guy at the shop. When I went in there, I only saw high end cars (couple AMG Mercedes, M3, etc), and so I am hoping they can get the CS up and running like it should.

Good Luck with this! If it was my Cali, I would demand original FoMoCo repair parts to put it back to the original condition or I would not settle!! Their customer hit you and it is yor right to be put back to factory original. That lifetime warrenty crap is just so you will feel better about getting an aftermarket fender from Korea or who knows where? Thats just me.
Old 12/20/10, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=CalStang'07;5986940]
The pictures were basically the car without all of the cosmetic pieces. Basically the metal and the motor showing which kinda makes your heart sink. In looking at the list of damages, it seems that there were a lot of hidden damages that only became noticeable once the guys took the car apart.

Good Luck with this! If it was my Cali, I would demand original FoMoCo repair parts to put it back to the original condition or I would not settle!! Their customer hit you and it is yor right to be put back to factory original. That lifetime warrenty crap is just so you will feel better about getting an aftermarket fender from Korea or who knows where? Thats just me.
Yeah bro. Took your advice and talked to the adjuster who later confirmed that the shop would be getting everything original from Ford. Now I'm just hoping the car drives the same once I get it back.
Old 12/21/10, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Happy 4U

[quote=lutador83;5988084]
[b]

Yeah bro. Took your advice and talked to the adjuster who later confirmed that the shop would be getting everything original from Ford. Now I'm just hoping the car drives the same once I get it back.
Awesome! Makes one very happy that you are being treated right! Just from the pictures that you provided us here, believing that the damage was mostly the sheet metal, the wheel and the bumper cover that were damaged? If that was all it was, than it could be "Happy Holidays" for both you and your Miss Candi!! Pictures and a report when you get her back Bro. CalStang