2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/07, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Woodhouse & X-plan

2&2: At Woodhouse Ford, just ask for Mr. Josh Johnson! Tell them "RC" sent you. Also ask him just what are the requirements to qualify for an X-plan discount with FoMoCo. He's great! Will try answer any and all your questions on pricing Stangs, with no pressure at all for a sale!! Believe that our X-plan was just under the invoice price. If there is no X-plan discount rate for you, he will work at getting the lowest possible price for a 2008 GT/CS Stang. That is probably why they are one of the largest Ford performance dealership in the Midwest! They have taken very good care of us after the sale too!! And made sure that everything was correct as promised on our new Stang!! If you believe that you will keep a new Shelby in the family forever, then maybe you can cost justify the additional cost of purchasing one! Lastly. This Stang was the most pleasant and fun new car purchases we have ever had!! Good Luck on this!! (Trust this info is okay to share here? As I have no connection with the Ford dealership!)
Old 8/15/07, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks Fellow Forum Members!

Graves: Thanks to you and the rest of the Forum Members for the nice comps on our GT/CS and the Fanblades! We are having so very much fun with this new Stang! People stare, wave, smile and even honk at us when we are filling up, driving or just out crusing for a dinner bite. Ether it is just the Midwestern Iowa friendlys, or the American's do love their Mustangs!! Last weekend we were doing the Saturday morning driveway car washing routine, when a little 6 year old boy from down the street walked up to me and then said "Nice Mustang Mister!" I loved it and said "Well Thankyou Young Man". And a couple of weeks ago a real nice retired fella in the area who drives a new F-150 stopped by. He said. "These new Mustangs". "They finally got it right on the looks"! Also said. "I always wanted a new one all of my life". "But never did get one". "Morgage, kids etc". I opened up the Stang and let him sit in it and he just loved all of it! Asked for a ride sometime too!! Thanks FoMoCo! Life is very Good!!
Old 8/15/07, 12:48 PM
2&2
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks R.C. When I go up there I will tell him you sent me. You know the more I think about it, the GT/CS will hold its value percentage just as much as the new Shelbys do. I think the production numbers are about the same. Now I have to figure out what color I really want. And also every time I get serious about droping the money on the new Mustang, I always start thinking that I should finish restoring the 1970 Mach 1 I am working on first. Oh what problems I have, not knowing which Mustang gets preference. Thanks again, and look for me to wave or stop and say hello if I see you at a show. Your GT/CS will be easy to pick out.
Old 8/16/07, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool GT/CS's and Shelby's

2&2: I honestly don't believe that the new GT/CS's can really run with the Shelbys in their future value. That being said. I do think that they will always have their own loyal following, just as the originals do! Which will be value added!! If I read it correctly, believe that production numbers for the GT/CS will only be about 8K units each year (07-08). And it sounds as if these might be about the same numbers for the SGT? We got our 2007 white CalStang because of the very sharp two tone leather interior layout, front and rear style and the over all look of this special addition!! Hah! Our adult children are already discussing who should inhert this Stang in the future!! FYI: The Vista Blue Metallic was our second choice for body color, as it looked so very rich and has a very correct street-rod color look to it! Good Luck on your own Mustang search!!
Old 8/16/07, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
2&2: I honestly don't believe that the new GT/CS's can really run with the Shelbys in their future value. That being said. I do think that they will always have their own loyal following, just as the originals do! Which will be value added!! If I read it correctly, believe that production numbers for the GT/CS will only be about 8K units each year (07-08). And it sounds as if these might be about the same numbers for the SGT? We got our 2007 white CalStang because of the very sharp two tone leather interior layout, front and rear style and the over all look of this special addition!! Hah! Our adult children are already discussing who should inhert this Stang in the future!! FYI: The Vista Blue Metallic was our second choice for body color, as it looked so very rich and has a very correct street-rod color look to it! Good Luck on your own Mustang search!!
There are tons of SGT's available at dealers. There are no GT/CS sitting at dealers in my area. This and the 5% a year Ford is producting leads me to believe that a GT/CS in the long run will be more rare than a Shelby GT. I also think this is the last year they are doing the GT/CS so before you get the idea that they won't hold value keep that in mind. Rarity usually plays a factor.
Old 8/16/07, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Do agree on GT/CS's

Agree. Have seen several SGT's at the different Ford dealership showrooms. I don't believe that this is because of their larger numbers. Could be that the markups over MSRP on these SGT's are so high, that lots of dreamers just walk away. Or they then go for a GT/CS, because it is such an outstanding option and far less spendy. That might explain why almost no GT/CS's are sitting on any Ford lots around here, anywhere. Smart Mustang fans are grabbing them up before FoMoCo moves on to the next GT version! That is one of the reasons why we are now driving a GT/CS and do love each and every every shift!! More bang for the buck! Sorry. Just had to throw that in.
Old 8/26/07, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Agree. Have seen several SGT's at the different Ford dealership showrooms. I don't believe that this is because of their larger numbers. Could be that the markups over MSRP on these SGT's are so high, that lots of dreamers just walk away. Or they then go for a GT/CS, because it is such an outstanding option and far less spendy. That might explain why almost no GT/CS's are sitting on any Ford lots around here, anywhere. Smart Mustang fans are grabbing them up before FoMoCo moves on to the next GT version! That is one of the reasons why we are now driving a GT/CS and do love each and every every shift!! More bang for the buck! Sorry. Just had to throw that in.
Nice looking CS...gotta concur that the CS is hard to find on lots anywhere, they seem to move quick, love mine and its starting to sink in that there aren't a lot around as people keep pointing out how "rare" it is to see one "around here"...'course, i see 'em every where I look and expecially everytime I turn around for that last glimpse when i get out
Old 9/18/07, 09:49 AM
2&2
GT Member

CalStang. You should bring your GT/CS to the World Chile Cook-Off show and shine on Oct.7TH in Omaha. The Omaha Mustang Club is having it on Sunday during the Cook-Off. Last year about 100 cars came. It is nice because you can go over and sample the chile too. Come and go as you please. No judges.
Old 9/18/07, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Oct Stang Show

2&2: Wouldn't miss it unless out of town. We were there at last year's show, down there next to Rick's Boat Yard. What a great turn out. Many great rides! Had some friends showing their Stangs and Fords. Took lots of pictures of that show. Were you displaying that day? If so, I've seen your White 2+2! Will look for you there. Say. Anything yet from Woodhouse on your 2008 GT/CS ideas? Can you believe what they list those verts for!! Ouch!
Old 9/18/07, 08:18 PM
2&2
GT Member

Yes it is near Ricks just north. Yes my car was there parked right next to a red 71' Boss 351 and a LegendLime 05' Boss tribute. I am planning on driving it up there again this year. I even tried to qualify for the chile cook-off earlier this year. You can not believe how hard it is to make it to the Worlds Championship. There hear there are 400 cooks coming again. Last year they expected Caroll Shelby to be there, but he did not make it.
Old 9/19/07, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool '06 Omaha Stang Show

2&2: Went through my pix of last years show and think I found your white Stang. Cragers? Goodyear ST tires, 20 County plate, chromed braces in the engine area. Is that it? If so, very clean and a sweet ride. Never sell. Repeat. Never sell. No mention of Woodhouse, so assume that whas been temp back burnered. Think coupe, as the verts just too spendy for me. Thats okay, as it took me a whole year to get a GT/CS, after I fell in love with how very cool they look! For me it was a cost and savings issue. To buy a GT/CS after their newness wore off in the Stang market. Good Luck!!
Old 9/20/07, 08:28 PM
2&2
GT Member

Yes that is my 65' You did not miss a thing. I have owned it since 1971 and bought it from my Uncle ,that bought it new. What you see now is a 15 year old restoration. I did it all myself , in my garage, including the paint. It was pretty bad. It is still holding up well. It had torque Mag wheels on when I got it. But in 71' the Crager SS wheels where what was hot. So when I did the restore that was a big decision what to put back on. I still have both. I must have been over at the chile cook-off when you came by. I would have told you all about it. I am warning you, I can talk a long time about it.
I have not had time to run up to Woodhouse. They now have a dcar coupe GT/CS and a Vista coupe GT/CS on the lot along with a dcar GT vert. I will be able to comare the colors and then drive the vert.
Make sure you stop to say hello at the show and shine Oct. 7th. You are going to show you GT/CS aren't you? Its pretty laid back.
Old 9/21/07, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool CU There!

2&2: Stang history talk is all good!! We shall be there for the show and will display the "CalStang". What time in the morning do we show up there at the lot? What is the web site for the Omaha Mustang club? Is there show info availible there? Bet that you will like the Vista Blue best on the new 2008 GT/CS's at Woodhouse! See you at the Mustang Show!!
Old 9/21/07, 11:46 AM
2&2
GT Member

The show is from 11:00 to 4:00. They are asking us to pre-register at there site omahamustangs.org. I know from experience that the chile cooks do not give out samples of their chile until after they turn a quart in to the judges. So timing is what you need for sampling the chile. You might need to leave your car all by itself for a bit if you want to sample chile. The Chile cook-off was started by Caroll Shelby way back. This is the third year here in Nebraska. It was in Reno Nevada many times and I hear Caroll came to a few.
Old 9/21/07, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Pre-registered "CalStang"

2&2: Thanks for the heads up on the show! Just got "CalStang", yours truely and my First Lady all pre-registered with Omaha Mustangs Club!! We will get there early, setup, visit with some of our friends and then go and scout out some of that championship chile. On Caroll, we too had heard he was coming last year, but guess sickness had kept him away. Sure that we will find you guys there too!! CooooL!!