2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/07, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!

Okay Gang: Finally got the JPEG pix of "CAL", for those who have asked to see it. First one is the Better half saying "Lets Get It"! I know that is just a 2007 and the 2008's are coming out now. But we got our "CAL" brand spankin with X-plan, cash back and they even threw extra things in with it!! Cost us just at 27.8K, which was, we believe a really great and killer price for a new "CAL"! And no waiting for it ether. We just fell in to it on the web! Also, it was almost the exact Stang we were set to order for '08. Had 22 miles on it when we got it. Heres what our "CAL" includes. 5-speed stick, interior upgrade package, front seat side airbags, 3.55 LSA, Sirius sat. radio (would not have ordered this), comfort group/with heated seats, GT/CS package, plenum engine cover and the polished fanblade magwheels. Plus never-ending supply of smiles. Turn key to activate!! Just finished breaking "CAL" in and we are getting a real honest 24 to 25 MPG highway. When you can keep your footout of it!! Thanks for everyone's input at the Forum's on this Stang! Your thoughts guided us to a new GT/CS. "RC" Click the pix to enlarge.

Attachment 30857

Attachment 30858

Attachment 30859

Attachment 30860

Attachment 30861

Attachment 30862

Attachment 30863

Attachment 30864
Attached Thumbnails CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-300c-010.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-060.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-062.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-064.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-065.jpg  

CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-066.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-070.jpg   CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!-2007-woodhouse-mustang-gtcs-076.jpg  
Old 7/30/07, 11:05 PM
Cobra Member

Very nice man...Curious why you went with those wheels vs the others? Either way, looks **** nice...

What did you do for the break-in period?
Old 7/31/07, 07:04 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I would have to question the wheels too. The fanblades are not the stock "Cali Spec." wheels. The 18" polished spoke wheels are what is standard on these cars. Did you trade or is that what the dealer had on the car. The price is the same but it is not the Standard wheel.

Old 7/31/07, 09:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Smile Fanblades and old school break-ins.

Good Questions! Refer to our original post "Just joined the Forum", dated July 24th for info on Fanblades. As for the engine break-ins. FoMoCo says just drive'm, staying out of the redline. But being an ol' dragstrip racer and a former street/strip engine builder, I prefer old school engine break-in's. First few hundred miles, on the highway, occasionally vary the rpm's up and down with 4th and 5th gears. This pumps up the oil pressure for all the new bearings and also loads the rings for greater wear-in seating. Second 500 miles. Every 50 miles or so, gradually wind engine to just below redline, then backoff and let the engine compression pull the rpms back down to about 3k. Obeying all the area road laws of course. Usually do this on an on ramp to the interstate with no other cars around us in 2nd or 3rd gear. This does final wear-in on all moving engine parts. Lastly. Somewhere between 2K and 3K miles, drop the factory oil and add your favorite replacement. Now you can enjoy a fun and hard running V-8 engine, knowing that it is ready to Zoom! Zoom! P.S. On our off-road dragstrip engines, we would do the 20 minute power break-ins and if she held oil pressure and did'nt break, it was WOT for the first burnout at the strip!! You can do that with hand built a racing engines. Not so with factory units. "RC"
Old 7/31/07, 09:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice GT/CS RC & that's about how I broke in my 05 GT and my 07 GT/CS and run's fantastic.
Old 7/31/07, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Looking GT/CS
Looks just like the one I ordered except for the rims. You probably will be very unusual for having those rims.
Old 7/31/07, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool, another white one on the boards. Time to order some your Hertz catbacks!!!!!

Dancing bannana's is how we celebrate a new car arrival!
Old 7/31/07, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Forgot to add them!!!!
Old 7/31/07, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Followups on the GT/CS Stripes

Thanks Gang! Followups on these first pixs. Note that both the left and right side GT/CS body stripes were put on wrong by the factory at the incorrect angles. Our great performance Ford dealer spotted this. They ordered new replacement body stripes and had them installed at no cost to us! Nice!! Also. When I first saw the GT/CS factory shop proto pixs, they where here on this site. Still there, some several pages back. Two of these pixs were of the white model showing the fender stripe covered with a piece of white paper. I had these shots on my bulletin board for almost a year. My dream pixs, if you will. So when we got our white GT/CS, we then removed those fender stripes, to change the look just a bit. And the graphic stripe guy that fixed our Stang, gave us the replacement fender stripes out of the box, if we ever want to put it back to original. "RC"
Old 8/10/07, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

The fanblades look interesting on the CS. Nice!
Old 8/10/07, 01:58 PM
2&2
GT Member

Awesome car. I did not know you could even order a GT/CS with fan blades. I thought the Cal Special pakage included 18" polished bullits. I would bet the dealer swapped fanblades from a car for a customer that wanted polished bullits. I am thinking your wheels are on a GT somewhere. But you can still say it can from the dealer that way. I hope you can prove they came from Ford, it would be rare.
Old 8/10/07, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool 2&2 You are correct sir!

2&2: You are correct sir! You cannot order a GT/CS with fanblades. Dealer did sell the bullits to a customer with some very deep pockets. When we first saw the new CalStang, it had some custom black 20's on it and wasn't selling. We asked for a change and then we would buy. The dealer bought another new GT Stang with some fanblades on it and put the wheels on our GT/CS for the sale. We really like this change! As you are from the Omaha area, you know that the fanblades are very rare here in the Midwest. Gives the CalStang we believe, a little bolder roadracer look with factory Ford fanblades. But its not for everyone. And if we ever want to put it back to original, we can just order ( $ ouch ) the 18" Shelbys...
Old 8/10/07, 04:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ConGrats!
Old 8/10/07, 05:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks really good. The white GT/CS is my favorite, if I had to get another car, I would consider that combo, and it does look really good with the fanblades.
Old 8/13/07, 12:49 PM
2&2
GT Member

You are right about not seeing to many fanblade cars in this area. I do live just south of Omaha. Maybe I will see you driving down Kennedy Freeway some time. Was Woodhouse up front with you about your GT/CS not having the correct rims, or did you discover it yourself later? Did you happen talk to them about pricing on a 2008. I am looking at buying one or a SGT.
Old 8/14/07, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool More Fanblade Bla Bla

2&2: Do you live down in or around Bellevue or the Beaver Lake area? We do get over there to see some of our fellow Mustang friends. Also have been over to the Wednesday nights car display in Omaha at Flashback's. Woodhouse's web site showed this GT/CS with the original 18" bullits, but they were gone off the car when we got there. It was a good thing for us, because the Stang was not selling with the black aftermarket 20's they had on it. This worked out perfect for us! Love the 18" bullit street rod look, but the fanblades have a sportscar/roadracer look, that just works for us. Yes we did look at pricing on 2008's, which was a little bit more. As luck would have it, this was the exact Stang we were prepared to order in a 2008! And Woodhouse was very motovated to sell us this 2007 GT/CS with the cash back promo, X-plan and extras thrown in. If you are planning on a 2008 Mustang purchase, talk to Woodhouse(price)before you order. It is a 42 mile trip for us to their dealership from Iowa. But they will take very good care of you and they are an outstanding Ford Performance Dealership, that also sells the spendy Roush Stangs!!
Old 8/14/07, 12:54 PM
2&2
GT Member

If I see you at a car show, I will stop by and say hello. I have a white 65 2+2 fastback I drive to some show and shines, I have been thinking about getting a white GT/CS or a white Shelby GT and then making my '65 look just like it. But right now my wife wants a convertible, so I am leaning toward a vista blue GT/CS or '08 Shelby GT. Tell me about the X-Plan. Did you bring it up to them, or did they just tell you it was x-plan pricing. Did you have a x-plan pin number and how did you get it? Do you think if I did not have a x-plan number, they would still give me x-plan price? I talked to them one time over the phone about what they wanted for a Shelby GT and they told me quit a bit over MSRP. These cars where selling for MSRP all over the place at the time. So I have never called back. Sounds like I may have talked to the wrong guy.
Old 8/14/07, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool 2&2: Flashback's, X-plan and Shelbys

2&2: '65 2+2 Fastback! And White too! Good stuff! That model was one of my first loves, back in the day. We will watch for you out there on a not so hot Wed. night. I asked about the X-plan. We qualified because we work for a corporate shipper for FoMoCo. They took our employment info and did a verify to get our pin# for us. My understanding on this, is that the X-plan discount is a set amount and it eliminates haggle for the price. We had also looked into Shelbys once, but very low production numbers, thus holds the prices high. I read here, that one to two Shelby's per dealership, average nation wide for 2008. The cost was 10-12K over the cost of a loaded GT/CS when we first checked the numbers(spendy). Sure we love the new Shelbys, but for the difference in money, you can build a very sharp and fast pony and still have a ton change left over for other things!
Old 8/14/07, 05:36 PM
2&2
GT Member

Thanks. So you actually had a x-plan pin number. When I have been dealing, I have been asking for invoice price because I do not know if I can get a x-plan number. So far I found a dealer that said he would sell me a '08 GT/CS at invoice, but no rebates as of now. I know what you mean about the added cost of the Shelby. Right now it looks like the '08 Shelby SGT convertible will be 11,300 dollars more than a GT/CS. The '07 Shelby SGT where selling at MSRP. I know they made at least 5,000 cars. That might be more than the amout of GT/CS's. The 65 fastback I have was bought by my uncle in 1965. He went to the dealer and asked to buy a Shelby, because he seen one. They told him the Shelby package was 1,500 dollars. That was half again the price of the car, and all you got was a high rise and a holley carb with a cam. he said , forget it, I will make one myself, and he did. My car even came from the San Jose plant plain Jane. But today my car is worth about 20,000 dollars and the 65 Shelby is worth about 150,000 dollars. There is a moral to the story. What is the name of the sales guy you dealt with?
Old 8/14/07, 05:46 PM

Nice! The CS's have grown on me a lot! Hot car!

Quick Reply: CalStang's Pix's. Finally!!