2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/07, 10:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well....got the car ordered. I went with Vista Blue, Dove, and Black top. I chose the woven charcoal dash as well. The choice actually became pretty easy once I realized you couldn't order a black top with parchment interior with the Vista blue. I saw it in small print somewhere in my Mustang literature.

Thanks to all of you who offered up your experiences and photos.

The wait begins! Hopefully it will be here in plenty of time for the beginning of warm weather so I can start cruising
Old 1/7/07, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by QuarterHorse
Well....got the car ordered. I went with Vista Blue, Dove, and Black top. I chose the woven charcoal dash as well. The choice actually became pretty easy once I realized you couldn't order a black top with parchment interior with the Vista blue. I saw it in small print somewhere in my Mustang literature.

The wait begins! Hopefully it will be here in plenty of time for the beginning of warm weather so I can start cruising
Not to change your mind, but the combination of Vista Blue with a Black Top(Cloth or Vinyl) is available in either Black/Parchment(KC) or Black/Dove(KD). The local dealer has a GT/CS with that combination in stock right now. I just checked out the Ford website, and was able to build the same color combination for a GT/CS. If that's important to you, call the dealer and have them verify your statement. Best of luck with whatever you chose.
Old 1/7/07, 01:29 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the heads up. I could swear I read that in the brochure someplace. Anyway, I'm cool with the VB/Dove combo. I do think the parchment/charcoal interior is really nice...especially with red and black cars, but I think the Dove/Charcoal just works better with Vista Blue IMO.

Edit: Sure enough....last page of the brochure in small print under the Paint/Trim/Top Combos table:

"*Black top not available when Medium Parchment interior is combined with Vista Blue Metallic exterior"

Perhaps this doesn't apply to the GT/CS. Regardless....I'm good to go
Old 1/8/07, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Sweeeeet color combo

Did you order the black CLOTH top....well worth the extra $$'s....looks great!
Old 1/8/07, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Sweeeeet color combo

Did you order the black CLOTH top....well worth the extra $$'s....looks great!
I think the cloth top looks way better than the vinyl, however, I went with vinyl for a couple of reasons. First, It is my understanding that vinyl is easier to take care of and the cloth top seems to attract a lot of lint. Second, this will not be my daily driver....it will be a fair weather car only and just about the only time the top will be up is when its in the garage.
Old 1/9/07, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

I think the cloth top looks way better than the vinyl, however, I went with vinyl for a couple of reasons. First, It is my understanding that vinyl is easier to take care of and the cloth top seems to attract a lot of lint. Second, this will not be my daily driver....it will be a fair weather car only and just about the only time the top will be up is when its in the garage.

There you go - if it's not going to be exposed to the elements - get the cloth top....so far no extra effort with the cloth top - just DON'T dry it with a white towel or you will be using the lint roller...even then it only takes a couple of minutes and the look (IMO) is well worth it!
Old 1/9/07, 04:58 PM
GT Member

There you go - if it's not going to be exposed to the elements - get the cloth top....so far no extra effort with the cloth top - just DON'T dry it with a white towel or you will be using the lint roller...even then it only takes a couple of minutes and the look (IMO) is well worth it!
What about using a car cover.....won't that cause a lint problem on the cloth?

Besides, like I said, the top will almost never be up while its being used, shown, etc. I don't think the extra cost is justified in my case. The cloth is nice though.
Old 1/10/07, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

What about using a car cover.....won't that cause a lint problem on the cloth?

Besides, like I said, the top will almost never be up while its being used, shown, etc. I don't think the extra cost is justified in my case. The cloth is nice though.

Skip, the car cover I have does not leave lint so that's not an issue for me and you might want to be careful leaving the top down (either vinyl or cloth) for long periods of time as it will create crease lines and wrinkles in the top and headliner....I try not to leave mine down overnight for that very reason. Good luck with your new ride and enjoy
Old 1/10/07, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, I love that GT/CS interior (Camel/Parchment). Especially with the VB exterior, but it looks great with Black and Redfire too. Just wish I could've gotten it with my Premium GT. I didn't want the spoiler, the side scoops, or the Bullits, or I would've ordered a CS. I've since updated the exterior with CS front and rear bumpers, so I'm pretty much at the look I wanted, but I had to get black floor mats to cover up the parchment carpet.

Whichever way you go, you'll be happy, I'm sure!
Old 1/10/07, 03:52 PM
GT Member

Skip, the car cover I have does not leave lint so that's not an issue for me and you might want to be careful leaving the top down (either vinyl or cloth) for long periods of time as it will create crease lines and wrinkles in the top and headliner....I try not to leave mine down overnight for that very reason. Good luck with your new ride and enjoy
I don't plan on leaving the top down while its garaged. Again, the top will almost always be down while the car is being driven or shown because it will only be taken out in nice weather. Naturally, the top will always be up while its garaged or in storage. What would the point be to leave the top down overnight while its garaged?
Old 1/25/07, 07:50 AM
V6 Member

Is '08 GT/CS a definite availability?

"Also, if you haven't already ordered, you may want to wait ~3 more months and order an 08. Rumor has it that the 08 GT/CS might have more color options (stripes and exterior colors). Who knows, maybe Tungsten will be an 08 GT/CS color "[/quote]

I just ordered but I really wanted silver. If there's a possibillity I might cancel and wait for the '08's. Will the CS be available in '08?
Old 1/31/07, 11:34 PM
GT Member

Got my vin#. Its getting closer