2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Anyone have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/07, 11:45 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have this problem?

My left exhaust pipe is hanging a bit low and I noticed on my way home last night there was a bit of a squeeky noise coming from that area, too. Taking it to the dealer in a bit and I just wanted to know if anyone has had, or is having this issue?
Old 6/4/07, 11:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
My left exhaust pipe is hanging a bit low and I noticed on my way home last night there was a bit of a squeeky noise coming from that area, too. Taking it to the dealer in a bit and I just wanted to know if anyone has had, or is having this issue?
I tell you, I've had a similar squeak, but tracked it down to the hanger actually rubbing the metal structure that is used for crash resistance. I just cut a small 1" piece off of it. Yours may be a different location of the squeak, but check out the hanger to see if its touching.
Old 6/4/07, 08:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
I have not heard the squeak . I only have about 500 miles so far on my 07. I have noticed a gurgle in the parking lot at about 0-5 mph but I think that is just the factory exhaust. Did you have the stock exhaust or is yours modified? Also white heavy grease may do the trick if the dealer cannot locate , just coat the brackets and hangers.
Old 6/5/07, 06:58 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

I left the car at the dealership about an hour ago. The entire car is still stock, which they did ask me about. The service guy gave me all his numbers and told me to call first thing in the morning to see what's up. I figured I might as well take advantage of my extended warranty and let them clean the car while they're at it.