Wrecked GT500 sighting on I-95 :(

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 03:36 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
They are dropping like flies. I was told a Torch Red w/ Performance White was totaled here in town. I had seen it a few time but was never able to catch up to it.
Old 2/8/07, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I had seen it a few time but was never able to catch up to it.
Must have been the unicorn and that easter bunny again!http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...2&postcount=12
Old 2/8/07, 05:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Must have been the unicorn and that easter bunny again!
You are wrong, and this is serious business!
It was the Tooth Fairy. I saw it myself speeding out of a dental office.

Old 2/9/07, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx
The only problem with regular insurance is that because the car is $55-65K to replace, your insurance premiums reflect that price. And, if/when the car depreciates, you get reimbursed REAL market value (not this ADM stuff). So, if a used GT500 only pulls $35K in a year, then that's what you get.

On the other hand, if you had "collector car" insurance (assuming you meet the driving qualifications, etc), you can get it insured for an agreed upon price. so, you could still have it insured for $65K. Your premiums would be higher for that much insurance, but still not as high as with regular insurance. and, even if it was higher, you still get a lot more coverage
My Ins. Co., their Agent and i all agreed on a coverage price and terms of car usage and storage. It is my understnading, it has to be agreed and they don't offer to everyone or on any type of car. They had to run the VIN of the GT500 with the head office of the Ins. Provider and "apply" for acceptance. Henceforth, the discovery of the pre-production status and we began chasing the build No. and Date verification. Early Editions, i have been told, once they reach collector status, can be costing much more money. All of this factored into our joint decision on what to insure the car for;- and in considering the current Market, how difficult it may be to find a low VIN Shelby in her color and options combination.
Old 2/9/07, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
They are dropping like flies. I was told a Torch Red w/ Performance White was totaled here in town. I had seen it a few time but was never able to catch up to it.
Interesting a lot of the Red ones are involved in accidents. I know there is a statistic about it. A GT500 on Red on the NW side of town was wrecked a couple weeks back as well. Not sure if it was totaled or not. Friends of the Owner seen mine at a street show and were quick to point out to me to be careful with it.
Old 2/9/07, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Accidents happen, I just hope no one was hurt. That being said I am no professional driver and given what I know about this new Cobra I would not buy one (if I could afford it) until I took professional driving lessons. Call me crazy but it just seems to make sense. Way to many people out there with plenty of money and no brains or respect for all the power the cars they buy have. Drive safe guys
Old 2/9/07, 09:52 AM

#how are u how did u know the #of your shelby production # that is

Originally Posted by Stangette
Sad to hear about the wreck. Often when a new powerful car hits the Market, One hears about many accidents. Same happened with the new Vette and GT Supercar. Many of my friends have Terminators putting down much more than mine and even still, 500hp is enough to cause trouble without a moment's notice. Drive those fast cars carefully guys.

Depends on how One works it out with their Ins. Co. Mine is listed as Classic Collector attached to my Roush and is covered for Replacement Value - not Market Value.
Old 2/9/07, 09:55 AM

hey man how are u do u have the shelby gt 500
Old 2/9/07, 01:21 PM
Cam Tease

Pray tell Ed, to what exclusive body do you enjoy membership?
Old 2/9/07, 01:31 PM

I wrecked my car once.

Old 2/9/07, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by one of few

Exact number yet to come from the Shelby Registry. Ford has verified that she was built in May 06, rollout did not start till June and she is from the first production run. The last six digits of the VIN - i have been told - the first three of the digits less than 200 means early production. All Shelbys i have seen have 200 or greater in these digits of the VIN. No one i have asked has one with less than 200. If anyone does, please let me know. My Ford guys can run it and get your build date and determine if it is at least close to mine.
Old 2/9/07, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exact number yet to come from the Shelby Registry. Ford has verified that she was built in May 06, rollout did not start till June and she is from the first production run. The last six digits of the VIN - i have been told - the first three of the digits less than 200 means early production. All Shelbys i have seen have 200 or greater in these digits of the VIN. No one i have asked has one with less than 200. If anyone does, please let me know. My Ford guys can run it and get your build date and determine if it is at least close to mine.
Have a Shelby and a Roush - see my Signature.
Old 2/14/07, 01:27 AM
Closet American

Drive those fast cars carefully guys.
I would argue you could say the same thing about the regular Mustang GT. It has plenty of power to get you in trouble in a hurry if you're not careful.
Old 2/14/07, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
I would argue you could say the same thing about the regular Mustang GT. It has plenty of power to get you in trouble in a hurry if you're not careful.
Yes, for sure. Any performance machine can become a weapon when used carelessly.
Old 2/24/07, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I doubt this is the same car that were talking about but I figured that I would post it. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=365877 Its sad to see something so great wrecked.
Old 2/24/07, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
I doubt this is the same car that were talking about but I figured that I would post it. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=365877 Its sad to see something so great wrecked.
Actually, the color scheme is right, but that wreck seems to have happened recently. Also, I know for a fact that the one I saw had GT500 wheels, not aftermarket ones.

But, still sad to see that happen
Old 2/25/07, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Shelby wrecks

I wonder if it's the 350 added pounds the Shelby has over my cars weight, or the 20 more HP I have than the GT500? I can't decide which of these is making so many wreck. Erik
Old 2/27/07, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I wonder if it's the 350 added pounds the Shelby has over my cars weight, or the 20 more HP I have than the GT500? I can't decide which of these is making so many wreck. Erik
Appears to me that the owners get these cars and are not acquainted with them and their behaviour; then they are not careful and get into trouble. Both my cars are S197 and manual shift, but, that is as far as it goes. A Roush and a Shelby could not be more different in terms of handling and how they react in situations. The Roush will spin in a certain situation that the Shelby will slide in the same conditions. Takes time to get to know the cars and to use them for their performance purpose as you grow with it.