Want a dose of horses**t just call around about

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/06, 08:16 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ April 17, 2006, 10:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's not capitalism.
[/b][/quote]
Paying $120K would be idiotism.
Old 4/17/06, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 17, 2006, 9:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hey, it's America. Everyone has the right to be an idiot if they have enough cash! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/17/06, 08:35 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 17, 2006, 7:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Or [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drunk.gif[/img]

All the people who are [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] over getting one of these cars right away are in for a surprise.

I can't wait to talk to them next year when prices have settled down. They'll all be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ranting.gif[/img] about how they paid WAY too much.
Old 4/17/06, 08:55 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ April 17, 2006, 7:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's not capitalism.
[/b][/quote]
No, it's capitalism run amok: just like lobbying, special interests and American middle class jobs outsourced overseas. What's good for corporate America isn't necessarily good for the consumer.

Canada is a market-based economy, too, but we have certain strategic laws in place to protect consumers from things like AMVs.
Old 4/17/06, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should add a point about my calling around experience. I said that I would pay 10K over sticker and I still could not find a dealer that would order me one.

I have enough money and I want to be one of the first to have a white and blue Cobra Vert. I had a couple of a##holes laugh at me and told me I was dreaming.

So, if any dealer, anywhere in the country will take an order for me, please let me know. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/17/06, 09:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 17, 2006, 11:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... I had a couple of a##holes laugh at me...
[/b][/quote]
Maybe they were sharing your thoughts. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/17/06, 10:38 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 17, 2006, 8:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I should add a point about my calling around experience. I said that I would pay 10K over sticker and I still could not find a dealer that would order me one.

I have enough money and I want to be one of the first to have a white and blue Cobra Vert. I had a couple of a##holes laugh at me and told me I was dreaming.

So, if any dealer, anywhere in the country will take an order for me, please let me know. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
That's inexcusable. If some dealer laughed at me after an honest request like that, I'd tell him to go f*** himself right to his face. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

Brad is right about the Government involvement thing. While I was messing up the paint job on yet another 06 (Drool…. It's a terrible thing to waste!) I noticed that the Mustang is classed as a Sub-Compact for EPA purposes. That puts Ford at a big disadvantage when it comes to how many of these cars it can produce and at what fuel mileage. Its fleet average would most likely get hurt because of this way stupid sub-compact thing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] And that won't help the Boss or Mach1's that they may make as well.
Old 4/18/06, 03:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 18, 2006, 12:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... If some dealer laughed at me after an honest request like that, I'd tell him to go f*** himself right to his face. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
. . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

. . . . . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/idea.gif[/img]

Make me an offer.

Old 4/18/06, 05:31 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 18, 2006, 2:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
. . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

. . . . . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/idea.gif[/img]

Make me an offer.
[/b][/quote]
OK. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

It will be interesting to see in 12 months how this develops. Using 7500 as a production number, and saying an average cost is $20K over MSRP- will prices get back to "normal" after a year of production?
Old 4/18/06, 05:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 18, 2006, 7:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]

$10K... to be on a waiting list? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]

Old 4/18/06, 05:48 PM
FR500 Member

Not to worry, I got loads of horse poo just asking around about a REGULAR Mustang GT! I think it was enough to fertilize a golf course. As many have said, the dealerships are usually the only interaction consumers have with Ford, the "face of the company" and so on whether they realize it or not. They left me with the feeling that "Ford can go f___ itself!" because they knew they were the only game in town and took no pains to conceal it. Just like the Shelby - or so they think. Just bring a shovel.
Old 4/18/06, 11:42 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 18, 2006, 4:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]

$10K... to be on a waiting list? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Yep...pucker up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hi5.0 @ April 18, 2006, 4:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not to worry, I got loads of horse poo just asking around about a REGULAR Mustang GT! I think it was enough to fertilize a golf course. As many have said, the dealerships are usually the only interaction consumers have with Ford, the "face of the company" and so on whether they realize it or not. They left me with the feeling that "Ford can go f___ itself!" because they knew they were the only game in town and took no pains to conceal it. Just like the Shelby - or so they think. Just bring a shovel.
[/b][/quote]
Well, when Ford corporate calls all its dealerships to say, "Hey, guys, we're declaring Chapter 11 - thanks for coming out," then maybe dealers will get the hint.

Oh, wait, then it will be too late. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Never mind. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 11:53 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 17, 2006, 5:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here in Canada, Ford dealers are getting around the fixed MSRP law with respect to our allotment of GTs, by buying the car themselves - putting 10 miles or so on it - then selling it as a "used" car. As a "used" car, they can charge whatever they want, and in some cases are charging $285K for them. So if dealerships are willing to find ways to work around their contract with Ford, why shouldn't Ford do the same?

Too many dealers are scumbags.
[/b][/quote]

What stops the public from buying the cars and selling them for over MSRP? Ford would rather have the dealers make the money than Joe Public.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 17, 2006, 8:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The irony is most of them lack information, knowledge, and many of them will only get to see the GT500s in pictures we show them.

Some of you need to get it in your heads these people lie for a living and cash in on weaknesses.
[/b][/quote]

What information would you like to know?
Customers lie more than salesmen. PERIOD. Amazing that "The Diplomatic, Experienced, and Politically Correct Voice of TMS" doesn't speak for all members. There are several members in the auto sales industry, and you constantly berate us as a whole. It is not appreciated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TexaStang @ April 17, 2006, 8:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Pull the plug on local dealers and have all dealers be direct employees of Ford, ie, Ford owns all dealers. No more haggling, no more markup, just sell cars!

Wishful thinking, heh.
[/b][/quote]

Ford tried this sever years ago and lost millions. They quickly realized that they should stick to manufacturing and let the retailers retail.
Old 4/19/06, 05:08 AM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 10:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What stops the public from buying the cars and selling them for over MSRP? Ford would rather have the dealers make the money than Joe Public.

Customers lie more than salesmen. PERIOD. Amazing that "The Diplomatic, Experienced, and Politically Correct Voice of TMS" doesn't speak for all members. There are several members in the auto sales industry, and you constsntly berate us as a whole. It is not appreciated.

Ford tried this sever years ago and lost millions. They quickly realized that they should stick to manufacturing and let the retailers retail.
[/b][/quote]
I'll take the first two of those questions for the price of a Shelby at MSRP, Alex.

First question: I would MUCH rather see a private citizen collect the money on the sale of a "used" GT than a dealer. Sorry. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]

Second statement: "Customers lie more than salesmen"? Ummmm, yaaaaaa...OK. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Checking all TMS members! Anybody buying THAT one? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Didn't think so. Sorry again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 19, 2006, 6:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll take the first two of those questions for the price of a Shelby at MSRP, Alex.

First question: I would MUCH rather see a private citizen collect the money on the sale of a "used" GT than a dealer. Sorry. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]

Second statement: "Customers lie more than salesmen"? Ummmm, yaaaaaa...OK. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Checking all TMS members! Anybody buying THAT one? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Didn't think so. Sorry again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
1st question...why? It is OK for an individual to make money, but not a dealer, whose sole purpose is to turn a profit. Ummm, yaaaa..OK

2nd...You have what kind of knowledge and experience on the subject? I have eight + years and CAN speak from knowledge and experience.

"ABC Motors down the street will sell me one for $10000 below invoice." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
"ABC is giving me $20000 trade in for my 1988 Ford Tempo." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"I can get 1.8% interest from Hometown Bank." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Some people really need to leard about economics, supply and demand, etc. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Edited!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 01:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 19, 2006, 1:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Would you pass a lie detector test without taking prescribed muscle relaxants?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 19, 2006, 1:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Customers lie more than salesmen. PERIOD.
[/b][/quote]
I feel for dswhalen. First he gets laughed out a couple of dealers for flashing $10K, now he lies more than the "a**holes" he encountered. Rodney Dangerfield must have been his idol. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Amazing that "The Diplomatic, Experienced, and Politically Correct Voice of TMS" doesn't speak for all members.
[/b][/quote]
That's true. I usually speak for and appeal to those who value character, integrity, and specially, a man's word.

There are several members in the auto sales industry, and you constsntly berate us as a whole.
[/b][/quote]
Well, as a whole, your "image issues" were created not by the customers or any TMS member but by your brothers in arms. As a matter of fact, at least two of your compatriots have royally screwed two TMS members and if you do some research you might come to the conclusion that your two berated fellow members are no longer invited to their Christmas Parties.
Do I have a great memory or what? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

It is not appreciated.
[/b][/quote]
That's exactly my point. The concept of appreciation, or lack of.
Old 4/19/06, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I feel for dswhalen. First he gets laughed out a couple of dealers for flashing $10K, now he lies more than the "a**holes" he encountered. Rodney Dangerfield must have been his idol.

Sheesh! Maybe I should just quit this forum if I get a bunch of garbage like this. At least a couple of people think it is OK to try to buy a Cobra even if it is over-priced. Where did I offend you?

I thought this was where Mustang Enthusiasts posted messages about their cars and buying experiences. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and nobody wants to hear yours. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/box2.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 03:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey DS, I think he was being sarcastic. Thats how I took it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I feel for dswhalen. First he gets laughed out a couple of dealers for flashing $10K, now he lies more than the "a**holes" he encountered. Rodney Dangerfield must have been his idol.[/b][/quote]

Quick Reply: Want a dose of horses**t just call around about