SVT going?

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 08:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 3, 2006, 9:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The GT and LS are not a surprise.
[/b][/quote]

True, but I think the Adrenaline caught us all by surprise. Here's my thread specifically about that in the Other Ford's section:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=44157
Old 2/3/06, 04:10 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang_sallad @ February 3, 2006, 10:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
True, but I think the Adrenaline caught us all by surprise. [/b][/quote]

Not really, it has been rumored for a while that the Adrenaline would never be produced.

The end of the Ford GT is not a surprise, the market for $160K toys is very small, especially when most dealers are trying to add $50K to $100K to the price. 1,495 GT's have been sold so far but supposedly over 1,000 of them are sitting in dealer inventory.
Old 2/3/06, 04:30 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 3, 2006, 6:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... supposedly over 1,000 of them are sitting in dealer inventory.
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

I wonder how many unreasonalble and offensive offers of MSRP those dealers have turned down?

Survey says... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brick.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 3, 2006, 6:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
1,495 GT's have been sold so far but supposedly over 1,000 of them are sitting in dealer inventory.
[/b][/quote]
Good, maybe Ford will offer a $100,000 rebate and I'll go pick one up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 04:33 PM
Big Falken Tires

That sucks about the Adrenalin - in the part of Brad's taped interview with Tai Tang, it sounded like it was coming out..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 04:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

The end of the Ford GT is not a surprise, the market for $160K toys is very small, especially when most dealers are trying to add $50K to $100K to the price. 1,495 GT's have been sold so far but supposedly over 1,000 of them are sitting in dealer inventory.
[/b][/quote]
This is exactly why Ford needs to find a way to combat AMV. It will hurt total sales. People will think they can't get one because they are rare and cost 10K over sticker. So they buy something else or nothing at all.

I think they should flood the market right off the bat and make them readily available to the public. This will kill the rush and the AMV. Then, slow down production before they end up with too much of a surplus and have to offer rebates.
Old 2/3/06, 06:06 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 3, 2006, 3:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is exactly why Ford needs to find a way to combat AMV. It will hurt total sales. People will think they can't get one because they are rare and cost 10K over sticker. So they buy something else or nothing at all.

I think they should flood the market right off the bat and make them readily available to the public. This will kill the rush and the AMV. Then, slow down production before they end up with too much of a surplus and have to offer rebates.
[/b][/quote]
AMV is anathema for a company that is struggling for its very survival. I still maintain that dealers are usually customers' only experience with Ford Motor Co., and if the dealership is an arsewipe...or sleazy...or not particularly knowledgeable...or GREEDY, "Jo Public" doesn't think: "That dealer is a dink," they think, "The Ford customer service experience BITES" and then they just rush into the arms of the competition that treats them right.

Ford needs to set standards for its dealers and get them under control for it's own corporate good.
Old 2/3/06, 06:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 3, 2006, 5:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That sucks about the Adrenalin - in the part of Brad's taped interview with Tai Tang, it sounded like it was coming out..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, like HTT has any say so in the matter. That was before the "Way Forward Plan" was announced. Will someone step up and say that SVT will produce anything beyond the GT500?
Old 2/3/06, 11:32 PM
KBE
V6 Member

I thought SVT was fine according to peeps here. It appears SVT is "going somewhere" and it's backwards. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ February 4, 2006, 1:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I thought SVT was fine according to peeps here. It appears SVT is "going somewhere" and it's backwards. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Perhaps that is a little harsh. As stated already the Ford "Way Forward Plan" had not been released at that point. I don't think SVT is going anywhere but like everything else at Ford right now they have to consolidate to get the most "bang for the buck" out of what they already have out there. A few years from now we could have too many SVT items to choose from, not that that would be a bad thing. For now though we need to see how the restructuring goes for both Ford and GM.

SVT doesn't seem to be going backwards with such a large demand for the Shelby's out there. I'm going to have to schedule a defensive patrol over the dealership when I get the car just to make it out.

Old 2/5/06, 07:47 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ February 3, 2006, 6:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

I wonder how many unreasonalble and offensive offers of MSRP those dealers have turned down?

Survey says... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brick.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely.

If you look at the Ford GT prices web site someone posted they bought a GT in December for MSRP. This is after the dealer turned down offers as high as $50K over MSRP. After the GT sat on the dealer's lot for over 6 months with fewer offers and lower coming in lower, the dealer finally decided to take sticker for it. The stupid, greedy dealer could have make $50K more, if he had sold it 6 months ago, but his greed got the better of him.

One the local greedy Ford dealers ordered a GT for someone at MSRP and then tried to tack on a $50K AMV when the customer went to take delivery. It ended up in court, the dealer tried to say the $50K was a paperwork charge. But state law says that if a dealer charges a paperwork fee it has to be exactly the same for every vehicle they sell, so the customer won the court case.

The greedy dealers with their AMVs killed the T-Bird, have screwed up GT sales and have also slowed Mustang sales to the point where for the last 7 consecutive months the sales rate of the S197 is lower than the old SN-95 forcing Ford to put dealer cash on Mustangs.
Old 2/5/06, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

The stupid dealers will never learn.
Old 2/5/06, 08:55 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 5, 2006, 7:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The stupid dealers will never learn.
[/b][/quote]
While Ford is trying to pump water out of the sinking corporate boat, the stupid greedy dealers are busy drilling new holes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Hear that, stupid greedy dealers...? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]