ping Brad.....is SVT dead?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/06, 11:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What went wrong was you were ******* SVT. Many of us idolize SVT. I think both SVT and Shelby are great. I'm in heaven with both of them on my car.

Just chill out, let this die down and go back to posting about the cars and not the people. I'll do the same.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 11:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 12, 2006, 3:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What went wrong was you were ******* SVT. Many of us idolize SVT. I think both SVT and Shelby are great. I'm in heaven with both of them on my car.

Just chill out, let this die down and go back to posting about the cars and not the people. I'll do the same.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]You got it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I actually worked for svt's proving grounds,and I like alot of their performance,as I also really like Carroll Shelby's high performance stangs new and old,especially their looks and performance upgrades! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 11:58 PM
GT Member

If you look back at post #4, you started talking bad about SVT as if they were a POS, George was just defending SVT. We know you idolize Shelby and we respect it, so you could do your part and respect SVT. We have never talked bad about Shelby until you came along saying bad things about SVT. I'm a big fan of both as I have said it here in a previous topic, but I lean more towards SVT since I grew up around them, since I was little I would go to the drag races & watch fox body Cobra's race. My two oldest brothers have SVT Cobra's, one has the 01 & the other has the 03, now I'm hoping to get the 07. I would be really pissed to see SVT go after 07, hopefully they get trough the hard times.

Now let's all [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drunk2.gif[/img] & get along no matter what our differences are, we are all TMS members & should act like them [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img].
Old 3/12/06, 12:07 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Svtstinger @ March 12, 2006, 4:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you look back at post #4, you started talking bad about SVT as if they were a POS, George was just defending SVT. We know you idolize Shelby and we respect it, so you could do your part and respect SVT. We have never talked bad about Shelby until you came along saying bad things about SVT. I'm a big fan of both as I have said it here in a previous topic, but I lean more towards SVT since I grew up around them, since I was little I would go to the drag races & watch fox body Cobra's race. My two oldest brothers have SVT Cobra's, one has the 01 & the other has the 03, now I'm hoping to get the 07. I would be really pissed to see SVT go after 07, hopefully they get trough the hard times.

Now let's all [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drunk2.gif[/img] & get along no matter what our differences are, we are all TMS members & should act like them [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img].
[/b][/quote]
It actually started way before this thread many days ago,but I'm in agreement with letting by gones be by gones. Because after all,they're all fords and stangs! And I'm glad that both are around while we still have them! And I can use that drink! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 12:53 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I recognize Shelby's past contributions, there is no question he played a vital part in the Mustang's evolution. Sadly, I believe he was brought in because Ford was planning SVT's dismantling for a long time in hopes to balance the loss of prestige that goes with SVT's shutdown, which is a contradiction to the praise and reliance Ford had for SVT for so many years.

I figured Ford knew they had to contend with the loyal SVT following and perhaps thought it could compensate by reintroducing the GT500 in hopes to apeace SVT's owners and fans. Apparently they did not take in consideration the possibility of the uproar and resistance they have encountered.

I can understand the business side and its needs to ensure survival but to take credit away from whom is due is not right, specially from such a devoted team. That's ingratitude and betrayal. Ford made a public relations blunder in not being upfront and forthcoming with their customers. They thought they could **** on peoples' backs, tell them it is raining and have those very same people thank them for it. That doesn't work in this day and age.

I will try to get the GT500 because it was designed by SVT, that Ford plastered the Shelby name plays not part in my decision. Had it been called Cobra most would have been happy and IMO it would have been just as successful due to its anticipation. The difference is they have placed their dealers in a position to take advantage on the same customers they hope will bail them out and buy their products. That is an unusual business practice but just like everyone else they will have to live with their decisions.
Old 3/12/06, 01:32 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 12, 2006, 4:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I recognize Shelby's past contributions, there is no question he played a vital part in the Mustang's evolution. Sadly, I believe he was brought in because Ford was planning SVT's dismantling for a long time in hopes to balance the loss of prestige that goes with SVT's shutdown, which is a contradiction to the praise and reliance Ford had for SVT for so many years.

I figured Ford knew they had to contend with the loyal SVT following and perhaps thought it could compensate by reintroducing the GT500 in hopes to apeace SVT's owners and fans. Apparently they did not take in consideration the possibility of the uproar and resistance they have encountered.

I can understand the business side and its needs to ensure survival but to take credit away from whom is due is not right, specially from such a devoted team. That's ingratitude and betrayal. Ford made a public relations blunder in not being upfront and forthcoming with their customers. They thought they could **** on peoples' backs, tell them it is raining and have those very same people thank them for it. That doesn't work in this day and age.

I will try to get the GT500 because it was designed by SVT, that Ford plastered the Shelby name plays not part in my decision. Had it been called Cobra most would have been happy and IMO it would have been just as successful due to its anticipation. The difference is they have placed their dealers in a position to take advantage on the same customers they hope will bail them out and buy their products. That is an unusual business practice but just like everyone else they will have to live with their decisions.
[/b][/quote]Seems business is never very clean,especially when there is restructering going on,as there is always going to be alot of resistance. IMO however, I really have high hopes for future High performanced mustangs,and I'm praying that Ford wouldn't be foolish enough to jeapordize such a vehicle. I feel by the redesign of '09,we might all be very happy with the results,as we will have moved on through the unsure transition of today.
Old 3/12/06, 01:50 AM
GT Member

I vote we get Coletti back
Old 4/13/06, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Smile

OK Get me out of the doubt Brad. We all know that SVT cancelled the <span style="color:#CC0000">Sport Trac Adrenalin </span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_cry.gif[/img] , but the question is why? Do you know?
Old 4/13/06, 11:07 PM
KBE
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shelby GT500KR @ April 13, 2006, 3:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK Get me out of the doubt Brad. We all know that SVT cancelled the <span style="color:#CC0000">Sport Trac Adrenalin </span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_cry.gif[/img] , but the question is why? Do you know?
[/b][/quote]
. . . maybe because it had the recognition of having the best chance of rollover than any vehicle ever tested ? ? ?
Old 4/14/06, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ April 14, 2006, 12:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
. . . maybe because it had the recognition of having the best chance of rollover than any vehicle ever tested ? ? ?
[/b][/quote]

Remember that was in the old Sport Trac and Ford redesigned it for that reason so i don't think so.
Old 4/14/06, 02:50 PM
KBE
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shelby GT500KR @ April 14, 2006, 12:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Remember that was in the old Sport Trac and Ford redesigned it for that reason so i don't think so.
[/b][/quote]
It's the STIGMA, people remember.
Old 4/14/06, 11:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ April 14, 2006, 3:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's the STIGMA, people remember.
[/b][/quote]
STIGMA? What is that.
Old 4/19/06, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

can we kill this old thread by now????lets move on.
Old 4/21/06, 03:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04-15-06...ShelbyGT500.htm

A little more than half way through the video you'll hear one of the SVT bigwigs saying that SVT isn't dead.
Old 4/23/06, 10:34 AM
FR500 Member

yea if ford gets rid of SVT and hooks up with shelby for good that means all of the cars will be waaaaaay over sticker if they come out in shelby versions
Old 4/27/06, 12:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ April 14, 2006, 12:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I believe you are thinking of the Suzuki Sidekick.