Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 07:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
In the house scenario, I would at least talk to the co-worker first, and let him know you just got a huge offer on that house you had promised him. Talk it over with him, let him maybe bump up the purchase price he's paying. But I would let him know first no matter what, not sell it on the side then after that deal is done say 'Oh, sorry."

That's how it sounds like this car was sold. Oh yeah, we'll sell it to you.
Wait, never mind, it's already sold.

Screw that!
Old 6/16/06, 08:37 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
I won't be so nice on a Friday, I will call you a dumb idiot. First, take your own advice and look it up.

http://www.pulitzer.org/

http://nobelprize.org/nobel/

You will see that the pulitzer is given out to the media and a few other artistic professions. You will also see that the nobel prize has a category called "physiology or medicine" that certainly encompases the expertise of a phychologist since it is seen by quite a few (<- input sarcastic tone there) people as a medical field.

Second, let's try a little more thinking and a little less typing next time.

I am done with this one because we have gone far from the topic at hand.

So... the question is what's the point in taking all that time and effort. I mean, you become involved in a subject you are not remotely associated with, you read my reply, then you rush to find the links to collaborate your prior statements, then you come back to post the proof.

It seems you incriminated yourself and without too much thought, proved my point. Now it's time to celebrate your newly found status. Enjoy!

Old 6/16/06, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that is why you are a car salesman and I am not. I care about people and what happens to them.

Crazyhorse thats too funny.
Old 6/17/06, 06:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Not for me to provide the housing myself. When I promised him the house at said price, he committed to housing his family there. He likely has sold his current house. If I pull the rug out from under him, he is on the street and frantically searching for a home.

I feed my family just fine. Sure I'd love to have an extra $100,000, but, not at the expense of a relationship with a co-worker.

I guess that is why you are a car salesman and I am not. I care about people and what happens to them.

edit: No offense to the good guys. My bitterness only extends to the ones that screw their customers and/or defend the practice.
Logic has nothing to do with the fact I am in the car business (not a car salesman anymore, 7 yrs experience, though). I would certainly let the co-worker know about the offer and extend the offer to him first. Let's be honest for a minute; money talks, etc. Would your wife OK a $100000 loss? Not likely. And if the co-worker didn't understand the situation, where do you work?
Old 6/17/06, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
In the house scenario, I would at least talk to the co-worker first, and let him know you just got a huge offer on that house you had promised him. Talk it over with him, let him maybe bump up the purchase price he's paying. But I would let him know first no matter what, not sell it on the side then after that deal is done say 'Oh, sorry."

That's how it sounds like this car was sold. Oh yeah, we'll sell it to you.
Wait, never mind, it's already sold.

Screw that!
Old 6/17/06, 07:08 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
Logic has nothing to do with the fact I am in the car business (not a car salesman anymore, 7 yrs experience, though). I would certainly let the co-worker know about the offer and extend the offer to him first. Let's be honest for a minute; money talks, etc. Would your wife OK a $100000 loss? Not likely. And if the co-worker didn't understand the situation, where do you work?
When my grandmother died I wanted to buy her house. My mom sold it for $40,000 more than I could afford at that time (20 years ago).
I understood.
When you are talking big money (more than a couple of grand), things can be different.
Old 6/17/06, 10:21 AM

Gentleman,
Please....I understand your frustration with Dealers....they can be absolutely devoid of any emotion or loyalty at the expense of customers and pursue the path that leads them to the most money, or more commonly known as "GREED". However, as many have stated on this board...patience is a virtue. Some of the dealers KNOW they can get the ADM for this car.And they are going to do it. It is a fact. Savvy people..(all of us on this board) understand what we can afford...and what we are willing to pay. THAT may differ from one to another, but fundamentally the same idea. I would honestly expect this crazy situation to continue for the first 3-6 months. I know it isn't nice or fair to all of us, but it is the business world. After the initial WOW factor wears off, I fully expect prices to come down, to MSRP or a little below. I mean, do you really think they can continue to ask these kind of prices when the cars are not selling (which they won't be after that initial time wears off)? I won't be home until February or March of 2007 so I imagine I will be able to avoid most of that. I am sorry for those of you that are having problems.....I do have a small suggestion for those of you really wanting one right now....

Are some of you aware that the Shelby is available for order through Military (AAFES) Dealerships? Have someone you know in the Military order the car for you and then purchase it from them. I know they have special pricing for Military members and they get their cars directly from Ford. I am working on getting a price from the dealer at Camp Speicher (Yes, we have a dealer at the camp in Iraq.) They have told me they can order one for me for delivery in the States when I get home. When I recieve that info I will certainly post it!

Later Y'all

John
Old 6/17/06, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see the point you are trying to make. If I had both offers at the same time, of course I would take the larger one. To me, however, a deal is a deal. Once I have made it, i'm not going to back out of it.

What if your co-worker came to you a month before closing and told you that the market had nose-dived. He is now offering you $100,000 less. You have already bought another house and were counting on yours being sold. So your choice is to keep both houses or sell him for $100,000 less. How would you feel about the free market then? I'm guessing moring break in the coffee room would be a little tense.

btw, I'm in medicine. The insurance companies tell me how much to charge for my services (and it keeps going down).
Old 6/17/06, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I see the point you are trying to make. If I had both offers at the same time, of course I would take the larger one. To me, however, a deal is a deal. Once I have made it, i'm not going to back out of it.

What if your co-worker came to you a month before closing and told you that the market had nose-dived. He is now offering you $100,000 less. You have already bought another house and were counting on yours being sold. So your choice is to keep both houses or sell him for $100,000 less. How would you feel about the free market then? I'm guessing moring break in the coffee room would be a little tense.

btw, I'm in medicine. The insurance companies tell me how much to charge for my services (and it keeps going down).
That is an excellent point. I guess until money has changed hands and an offer is accepted ( at which point you have a binding contract and other offers and market conditions are irrelevent unless specified in the contract ) the terms are fluid.
Old 6/17/06, 05:18 PM

Both buyers and sellers try to make valid points. However, in today's world one's "word" does not mean what it did in the past. The home example from both posts help to validate what I am saying.

Best thing to do: Get it in writing on a legal binding contract!

If whomever you are dealing with, ie; car dealer, home seller, lawn maintenance, etc., does not want to put it down, spelled out, in a valid contract then be prepared for anything to come your way.

Honestly, if a car dealer does not want to put it in writing then walk away because it is not going to be worth the aggravation and misery when they back out on their "word." And, yes, I know contracts are broken all the time, but if it is a legal binding document you have recourse if you so wish to seek it and have the funds to do so.
Old 6/17/06, 05:23 PM

... btw, I'm in medicine...

A proctologist I assume. Perhaps, out of the kindness of your heart and in observance of the Hippocratic Oath, you can offer group rates to all sales consultants who frequent TMS.

Old 6/17/06, 05:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

or on a smaller scale....You decide to order a new 07 Mustang GT500, which will take 4 months to complete. You mention it to a co-worker who expresses an interest in your current 05 Mustang. He offers to purchase it for $26,000, the going price in that area. About a month before your new car is built, someone approaches you and offers you $28,000 for your current Mustang. It seems the Mustang has become very highly sought-after. Would you still sell it to the co-worker?
Answer - yes
Old 6/17/06, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
or on a smaller scale....You decide to order a new 07 Mustang GT500, which will take 4 months to complete. You mention it to a co-worker who expresses an interest in your current 05 Mustang. He offers to purchase it for $26,000, the going price in that area. About a month before your new car is built, someone approaches you and offers you $28,000 for your current Mustang. It seems the Mustang has become very highly sought-after. Would you still sell it to the co-worker?
Answer - yes
I would sell for the original agreed price in that case because you agreed on the price and timing. However, no one is BOUND without the written contract.

Now, in the real world, your car which is one of what, 300 thousand now, drops another 2K because dealers now have tons on the lot. Would your co worker still pay the $28K for your used 05 when he can get a new one for $26K? Probably not.

How many people ordering the GT500s would pay MSRP for it ( assuming they agreed to that ) if demand plummeted on them before they received theirs and the dealers were trying to unload them all over the place for 5K under MSRP?
Old 6/17/06, 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

A proctologist I assume. Perhaps, out of the kindness of your heart and in observance of the Hippocatic Oath, you can offer group rates to all sales consultants who frequent TMS.

Why yes, I am. I specialize in using my foot for the exams.
Old 6/17/06, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Will insurance cover the expenses for 1 BULLITT?

Old 6/17/06, 08:30 PM

Do you offer an alternate method for your preferred VIP customers?

Cough... cough...... cough.........

Old 6/17/06, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Will insurance cover the expenses for 1 BULLITT?

I'll do his for free.

George, which appendage or instrument do you have in mind?

Actually, I am a P.A. in heart surgery. Not too many rectal exams needed in that field.
Old 6/18/06, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Knight I have good news for you. I am now a psychologist. I believe the dealers have troubled you at some point. The remedy is obvious. Look for another dealer.

This goes for you too BC_Shelby.

COPYCAT
Old 6/18/06, 10:31 PM

You forgot to turn your head when you coughed...