Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/06, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off

Not once but twice in my search to locate a Shelby GT500 for my dad, I have been told "WE ARE GOING TO SELL AT STICKER PRICE." Upon following up with both dealerships they have since changed their tune a little. "No the owner decide to put them on ebay to get as much as he can for them." I was told by a salesman that there was one guy in line ahead of me to get the one GT500 that the dealership was going to get and that if he fell through then it would be mine at sticker, well upon the guy falling through so did my chance to get the car. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be and like many others here I hope the sit on dealers floors for a long time until they are begging the public to buy them.
Old 6/13/06, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Not once but twice in my search to locate a Shelby GT500 for my dad, I have been told "WE ARE GOING TO SELL AT STICKER PRICE." Upon following up with both dealerships they have since changed their tune a little. "No the owner decide to put them on ebay to get as much as he can for them." I was told by a salesman that there was one guy in line ahead of me to get the one GT500 that the dealership was going to get and that if he fell through then it would be mine at sticker, well upon the guy falling through so did my chance to get the car. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be and like many others here I hope the sit on dealers floors for a long time until they are begging the public to buy them.
This is about the gojillionth story like this that has surfaced, including mine. All I can tell is wait it out, the cars will catch up to demand. Then, go buy it somewhere else and bring by the dealerships that burned you and lay a double burnout all the way across their parking lot. Be sure to tell all your friends and family how that dealership screwed you. Word of mouth goes a long way.
Old 6/13/06, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Pity.
Shouldn't be a surprise though.
Old 6/13/06, 04:28 PM

Not really suprised, just thought I had finally found my golden ticket. Like many others I made phone call after phone call to try and find one. It's just really upsetting that a company, that has provided us with a product that is so near to our hearts in the Mustang, is going to allow their dealers to due us wrong like that.
Old 6/13/06, 06:41 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
... Then, go buy it somewhere else and bring by the dealerships that burned you and lay a double burnout all the way across their parking lot...

You don't know how to get even.

You take your wife for a ride in the new GT500, you stop by the dealer, you pick a vehicle, you bargain the price down to the point where is costing the dealer money to sale it, and after an hour and half when you are ready for the hand shake you tell them you received a call from another dealer for $50 less for the same vehicle and you leave.

Old 6/13/06, 07:31 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

You take your wife for a ride in the new GT500, you stop by the dealer, you pick a vehicle, you bargain the price down to the point where is costing the dealer money to sale it, and after an hour and half when you are ready for the hand shake you tell them you received a call from another dealer for $50 less for the same vehicle and you leave.

YES!
Old 6/14/06, 01:02 AM
Cobra Member

So the logic, then, is to single out one particular dealer to be the "villain", when actually you can't find ANY dealer to sell one at sticker? I'm sure the salesman, who you screw around for several hours and has absolutely nothing to do with demand for the cars or how much ownership wants to make on their cars, will love the fact that he/she spent half their day trying to feed their family while you attempt to spite the dealer by "costing" them a loser on a Five Hundred.

You guys are losing your touch!
Old 6/14/06, 04:59 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by PACETTR
So the logic, then, is to single out one particular dealer to be the "villain", when actually you can't find ANY dealer to sell one at sticker?
No, the idea is to single out the dealer who PROMISED you - the long-time repeat customer - a Shelby at sticker, then turned around and changed his mind, telling you to "get bent" cause they've decided to become an auction house and sell all the cars on eBay for as high a markup as possible.

Old 6/14/06, 09:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
No, the idea is to single out the dealer who PROMISED you - the long-time repeat customer - a Shelby at sticker, then turned around and changed his mind, telling you to "get bent" cause they've decided to become an auction house and sell all the cars on eBay for as high a markup as possible.

Old 6/14/06, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like a great idea, and obviously you have way too much time on your hands. The only thing I see wrong in your idea is that negotiating a deal on a GT500 to a price that is costing a dealership money is probably not going to happen.
Old 6/14/06, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I think he means after you buy your GT500 you go pick a different car to haggle on, one of the models that doesnt sell well, so you can get them down below invoice.
Old 6/14/06, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

That's hilarious

I think that some people are taking George's suggestion too seriously.
Old 6/14/06, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by trublustang03
That's hilarious

I think that some people are taking George's suggestion too seriously.
No kidding! Good thing he didn't say burn the dealer down or something.
Old 6/14/06, 11:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
No kidding! Good thing he didn't say burn the dealer down or something.
aYeah then he would need professional help for being an arsonist
Old 6/14/06, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
aYeah then he would need professional help for being an arsonist
I think he needs professional help anyway
Old 6/14/06, 06:06 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
BURN . . .
THE . . .
DEALER . . .
DOWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN ! ! !

Old 6/14/06, 08:01 PM

Yup. my dealer just hosed me. I went in to make the down payment yesterday, paperwork was supposodly already done. I walk in, the guy more or less attempts hiding and then finds a customer who doesn't even need assistance. So I finaly get to him, tell him I'm here to make my down payment and get it all signed off.
The rat bastages sold it on ebay for $21K above sticker....
I aske him, well why would ya do that if we had paperwork already filled out, he made up a huge story about loosing papers and that nothing was signed anyhow etc...
So I request to speak to the owner.
I get denied my request, so I go out to the lot, have a cigg and wait for the guy to go on a lunch break, I walk back in, goto the receptionist and she lets me talk to the guy.
Lets just say I was loud enough for them to get customers out of the showroom, and out onto the lot on a rainy day. Then he offers me a deal on a "loaded" 07 GT factory order, basically he offers sticker price. I point out the front window at my 05 sitting right out front.
So I ask, if I make a payment can I get dibs on the next car, no bs....
He is calling me tmrw with the answer to that one. Of course he isn't sure, but if they don't I'll just trade in my 05 for an 07 GT. They do offer better colors now, and heated seats to boot!

Course this dealer is no stranger to my family either. My dad threw a fit about 5 years ago, another showroom emptying circus.... They tried cutting his trade in value in half, he wasn't having it... My step dad also bought his 05 F-150 there. I got my GT there, and my mom just ordered an 07 GT. I honestly expected more....
Ya know, a Challenger would look nice next to the 05.....
Old 6/14/06, 08:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Akurei14
Of course he isn't sure, but if they don't I'll just trade in my 05 for an 07 GT. They do offer better colors now, and heated seats to boot!
I hope you are planning to get that one from a different dealer. Be sure to let the first dealer know they lost your business.
Old 6/14/06, 08:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
AKUREI14 which Mass dealer was it? So we know whom to avoid.
Old 6/15/06, 02:43 AM
Closet American

BURN . . .
THE . . .
DEALER . . .
DOWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN ! ! !

YES!

Quick Reply: Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off