Any dealers selling at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/06, 12:41 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Not only are the dealers hurting sales of the GT500 (and the other mentioned cars), but, they are hurting themselves in the long run.

They get the big pop from an out of state ebay buyer and never see them again. In the meantime, they aggravate the local customers by trying to gouge them. Those are the repeat, long term customers that keep their business alive. I could make a pretty long list of dealers that I will never deal with again thanks to their arrogant handling of the GT-500 situation.
Agreed. Ford's two biggest problems, IMHO, is their dealer network, which offers a poor customer service experience at both the buying and servicing phase, and the parent company's cost-cutting obsession.

Someone I know in East Lansing, Michigan works for one of Ford's chief suppliers, and he has friends and family that work for both suppliers and for Ford. He tells me that it's a constant struggle to get improvements on certain products, and that the engineers confirm that their management refuse to spend the money to get quality parts (i.e. refusing to spend $0.05 to put a cover over a wire harness that is right beneath the brake fluid reservoir, which is dangerous. Especially when excessive amounts of vacuum pressure in the reservoir cause it to leak onto the harness).

He went on to say: "...even though they say they're making progress, they are still doing the same old crap. I see it on and off as new prototypes come in and out. I've spoken with engineers that I'm working on projects with, and they tell me the management doesn't care about how well something is designed and just want it as cheap as possible."

Certainly there's evidence of cost-cutting all over the Mustang - and it's stuff you can see. Makes you wonder where they're cutting costs on stuff you CAN'T see.

Despite all this talk about Bold Moves, and becoming competitive, and listening to customers, at the end of the day it really seems as though it's business as usual.
Old 11/27/06, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deals can be made

disregard
Old 11/27/06, 09:03 AM

mistaken post

disregard reply please
Old 11/27/06, 03:06 PM

the car i ordered has been spoken for thanks to those who inquired.
Old 11/27/06, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

Can't you order a Gt500 factory direct? If ford has no power over price gouging then why can't you order one directly from them for sticker? Would that just add on to a long waiting list or is there no way possible to just order the car for MSRP from the factory?