Any dealers selling at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/06, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any dealers selling at MSRP?

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd ask. Has anyone heard of any dealers selling the GT500's at MSRP? I remember that when the 2000 Cobra R came out, there were dealers all over adding $25k to $35k over MSRP. But there were some dealers (which I found out about through this forum I believe) that were selling them at MSRP. I think the dealer was somewhere in central Florida but I can't remember exactly. Anyone else heard of this?

I am interested in the GT500 Convertible, but I can't see myself paying $70k for one. It's insane and frustrating at the same time!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Aloy
Old 10/17/06, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Time will be your friend here....... I have gotten an MSRP deal and locked it in early on. ( No car yet, mat'l hold, Probably mar 07 del). Check around on 08 allocation, chances should be better. The dealer I'm, working with had second thoughts but stuck with her 07 buyers (4) on the price. All bets off for next year though, This dealer took the long term relationship view. I will bust my butt to help her sell cars.
Old 10/17/06, 06:44 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
The Cobra R was a different animal just like a GT500KR would be or as the Z06 or the Ford GT are. The difference is these are limited, unique, and exotic cars not production cars as the GT500, and rightfully merit AMVs.
Old 10/17/06, 07:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The Cobra R was a different animal just like a GT500KR would be or as the Z06 or the Ford GT are. The difference is these are limited, unique, and exotic cars not production cars as the GT500, and rightfully merit AMVs.
I agree although the last production estimate I saw was for 7k/year on the Z06s.
Old 10/17/06, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Kevin, I take it no luck yet on a car ?
Old 10/17/06, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by bullittman
Time will be your friend here....... I have gotten an MSRP deal and locked it in early on. ( No car yet, mat'l hold, Probably mar 07 del). Check around on 08 allocation, chances should be better. The dealer I'm, working with had second thoughts but stuck with her 07 buyers (4) on the price. All bets off for next year though, This dealer took the long term relationship view. I will bust my butt to help her sell cars.
Glad to hear you were able to get that. What's the dealers name by the way? Maybe I'll give it a shot. I figured that I would have to wait. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Thanks.
Old 10/17/06, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Actually, I don't believe any car merits AMV...not even an ultra exotic like the Enzo or the Veyron 16.4. But obviously not every thinks the same way.

There was a dealer in Central Florida that held my same beliefs as they were selling the 2000 Cobra R at sticker. I remembered after my initial post that I had heard about this dealer from a friend at a local Mustang club, not these forums. They had mentioned that the dealer had one in their showroom and they were going to sell it for MSRP and not a penny more for anyone who was interested. Unfortunately I was not in the financial position that I am in today and I could not get it. I am going to try and find out the name of that dealer to see if they still operate under the same philosophy. Maybe I will have some luck there. Who knows.

I do agree though that a production car should not have AMV tacked on to the MSRP. You would be paying pure depreciation before hand.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10/18/06, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 69Fastback
Glad to hear you were able to get that. What's the dealers name by the way? Maybe I'll give it a shot. I figured that I would have to wait. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Thanks.
You're welcome !
Old 10/18/06, 07:54 AM
Banned

M.S.R.P. The key here is S-U-G-G-E-S-T-E-D.

An individual is STUPID if they sell ANYTHING (house, car, boat, horse, etc.) for less than someone is willing to pay.

My dealer has salespeople with customers saying that they will pay ANYTHING to get a GT500. But none are available. Why? Because they are all sold.

Money Talks, B.S. Walks.
Capitalism, ain't it grand? This is a great country!
Old 10/18/06, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez

An individual is STUPID if they sell ANYTHING (house, car, boat, horse, etc.) for less than someone is willing to pay.

My dealer has salespeople with customers saying that they will pay ANYTHING to get a GT500. But none are available. Why? Because they are all sold.

Money Talks, B.S. Walks.
And an individual is STUPID if they buy ANYTHING for far more than it is worth.

But hey, I just talk the talk...
Old 10/18/06, 11:50 AM
GT Member

Money Talks, B.S. Walks.
Are you ever going to post pics of that "air" Shelby?
Old 10/18/06, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by futuresvt
And an individual is STUPID if they buy ANYTHING for far more than it is worth.

But hey, I just talk the talk...

touche!
Old 10/18/06, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
Are you ever going to post pics of that "air" Shelby?
It won't prove that I own one will it? But yes, I hope to be able to do that this weekend.....
Old 10/18/06, 12:46 PM
Banned

How 'bout this one?
Attached Thumbnails Any dealers selling at MSRP?-baileyandshelby-2.jpg  
Old 10/18/06, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bullittman
Hey Kevin, I take it no luck yet on a car ?
Not yet. I have not been shopping lately as I have been just waiting and watching the market. IT has dropped from 20-30 over in July/August to 10-15 over in Sept/Oct. I expect it will continue its half-life every 2 months trend and end up MSRP by about April or May. I'll find one then or order an '08 if ordering is not quite possible.

Judy, they are not all sold. Stop believing the dealer hype and perpetuating it here on the forum. The dealers think they are all sold because they have had a lot of interest and have "lists." Everone on these boards and likely everyone not on these boards are on M-U-L-T-I-P-L-E lists.

Most of the cars are waiting on suckers who believe they are all sold to overpay for them. Don't believe me? Look at ebay and/or call around. The majority of dealers are waiting. The cars are not sold. Even if they have deposits, they are not sold until they leave the dealership. Deposits are refundable and people will back out of the deal. The allocation that the dealers were quoted only includes the initial allocation which adds up to about 6500 cars if IIRC. Share of nation cars will produce another 3-5k cars. At the current production rate of 50 cars/day, and not accounting for plant shut downs or parts delays, the factory is capable of producing up to 13,000 cars/year. If they can build the cars they will. They need the money.
Old 10/18/06, 03:57 PM

Money Talks, B.S. Walks.
I can't imagine you have too many people saying that after taking a look on ebay. There are plenty of dealers willing to unload their Shelby's for $70k +. At last count there were 36 of them.

But you are right, it is suggested. To each their own.
Old 10/18/06, 04:07 PM
GT Member

ther is a dealer in long beach CA that is selling a red GT500 vert for 68560 which is stickr
Old 10/18/06, 04:09 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
... They need the money.
Apparently not. If Ford really cared about their customers, policies would be in place to ensure all around customer satisfaction and an enjoyable buying experience. Toyota and Honda aren't doing well by coincidence or because of their products' quality only. The way they treat their customers has a lot to do with it. Ford's main bold move has been to become a trailer trash reality show while the likes of Toyota are getting the Oscars.

Ford can spit into the wind all they want and stomp on their loyal customers. One day they might just be speaking Japanese.
Old 10/18/06, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by sviper
ther is a dealer in long beach CA that is selling a red GT500 vert for 68560 which is stickr
How on earth can the sticker reach $68,560???? The base for the vert is around $46 to 47k. That amount has AMV written all over it.
Old 10/18/06, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Not yet. I have not been shopping lately as I have been just waiting and watching the market. IT has dropped from 20-30 over in July/August to 10-15 over in Sept/Oct. I expect it will continue its half-life every 2 months trend and end up MSRP by about April or May. I'll find one then or order an '08 if ordering is not quite possible.

Judy, they are not all sold. Stop believing the dealer hype and perpetuating it here on the forum. The dealers think they are all sold because they have had a lot of interest and have "lists." Everone on these boards and likely everyone not on these boards are on M-U-L-T-I-P-L-E lists.

Most of the cars are waiting on suckers who believe they are all sold to overpay for them. Don't believe me? Look at ebay and/or call around. The majority of dealers are waiting. The cars are not sold. Even if they have deposits, they are not sold until they leave the dealership. Deposits are refundable and people will back out of the deal. The allocation that the dealers were quoted only includes the initial allocation which adds up to about 6500 cars if IIRC. Share of nation cars will produce another 3-5k cars. At the current production rate of 50 cars/day, and not accounting for plant shut downs or parts delays, the factory is capable of producing up to 13,000 cars/year. If they can build the cars they will. They need the money.
EBAY is Disneyland. It's unreal. I would never buy a car from EBAY. You REALLY don't know who you are dealing with in a lot of cases. You could take your certified check to buy your car and wind up in a dumpster somewhere.

How 'bout listing the dealers names and phone numbers that you say you have talked to that are selling them for cheap so we can call and see for ourselves? I'm sure folks on this forum would hop at a chance to save some ADM.

Quick Reply: Any dealers selling at MSRP?