Any dealers selling at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/06, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 69Fastback
How on earth can the sticker reach $68,560???? The base for the vert is around $46 to 47k. That amount has AMV written all over it.
sviper is correct. The "sticker" has a Sharpie modification = $20k over MSRP for a Total "sticker" of $68,560.
Old 10/18/06, 06:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
How 'bout this one?
"How bout this one" That really establishes an abundance of credibility.
Old 10/18/06, 06:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EBAY is Disneyland. It's unreal. I would never buy a car from EBAY. You REALLY don't know who you are dealing with in a lot of cases. You could take your certified check to buy your car and wind up in a dumpster somewhere.

How 'bout listing the dealers names and phone numbers that you say you have talked to that are selling them for cheap so we can call and see for ourselves? I'm sure folks on this forum would hop at a chance to save some ADM.
My point was ebay has cars for sale (which are NOT SOLD). Not that I would buy it there.

You might want to go back and re-read my post. I never said they were selling them cheap. I said they are waiting for the suckers to give them the big money. The point being - Not Sold. Give it a try. Call 20 dealers (trust me, I have called that many times over). You will get a mixture of already gone, got deposits for them and waiting on the the best offer. The only ones that are sold are the ones that have been delivered. I don't remember which site I posted it on, but, I know of a local dealer's first car that was "sold" 3 times with deposits. The first guy got one somewhere else, the second guy changed his mind and bought a Hummer and the third guy was still in line 2 weeks ago when I last checked. The car is not here yet, so he still has time to back out. People get antsy and buy elsewhere, change their mind and buy something else, and/or find out they can't afford it afterall. These lists with deposits are just that - a list.

We went through this with the Mach1s and the Terminators. They were the latest and greatest Mustang with rare numbers and collectibility. Each time the ADMs go away and the cars end up being discounted eventually. Ask the guys that paid ADM on those cars how they feel about that now. Hell, even the PT Cruiser had ADMs at one time.

I agree that the S H E L B Y on the back has made the hype larger and the ADMs responded. They will still go away and the car will still be plentiful as Ford will make as many as they can churn out. Check back to this thread in a year and see how right you are then.
Old 10/18/06, 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Apparently not. If Ford really cared about their customers, policies would be in place to ensure all around customer satisfaction and an enjoyable buying experience. Toyota and Honda aren't doing well by coincidence or because of their products' quality only. The way they treat their customers has a lot to do with it. Ford's main bold move has been to become a trailer trash reality show while the likes of Toyota are getting the Oscars.

Ford can spit into the wind all they want and stomp on their loyal customers. One day they might just be speaking Japanese.
George, I agree. Ford has the ability to step in and "influence" the dealers to treat the customers better. Yeah. Yeah, I can hear the responses now. "Ford cannot tell them how much to sell the cars for." But, they can influence the allotment given and the price they sell the cars to the dealers for and the amount they give back after the sale. They can set up pricing, reimburesement and allotment tiers. The dealers that comply the most, get the best pricing and the most cars.
Old 10/18/06, 09:41 PM
GT Member

I am looking at fords web site and it has the GT500 vert starting at 47750. now i believe the one on the show room floor had some extras ( they added an alarm and the shaker 1000 also wheel locks and some others) so the price is MSRP and not at all above.
Old 10/19/06, 04:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sviper
ther is a dealer in long beach CA that is selling a red GT500 vert for 68560 which is stickr
see price above in your quote.
Old 10/19/06, 04:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

I am looking at fords web site and it has the GT500 vert starting at 47750. now i believe the one on the show room floor had some extras ( they added an alarm and the shaker 1000 also wheel locks and some others) so the price is MSRP and not at all above.
If you look at your post you listed 68560, not 48560. I thikn that is what he was talking about.
Old 10/19/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
My point was ebay has cars for sale (which are NOT SOLD). Not that I would buy it there.

You might want to go back and re-read my post. I never said they were selling them cheap. I said they are waiting for the suckers to give them the big money. The point being - Not Sold. Give it a try. Call 20 dealers (trust me, I have called that many times over). You will get a mixture of already gone, got deposits for them and waiting on the the best offer. .......People get antsy and buy elsewhere, change their mind and buy something else, and/or find out they can't afford it afterall. These lists with deposits are just that - a list.

Case in point. Vehicle is Sold when the Papers are Validated and the Product leaves the Dealer Property. Several GT500s at my Shop had Buyers that walked away for any of the reasons listed by Crazyhorse.

How many on this Forum quoted as backing out of the GT500 and purchasing a Vette or even a Caymen?

I call and write Dealers all over the Country for information with my Shop, to enable us to offer the most Competitive price. Right now, GT500s are indeed selling at 72K to 78K here in my locale. If Ford can continue Production at present levels, the current estimate among many Dealers is MSRP by next Spring.

If Production wanes and the decision is made certain to the rumoured 2 years limited production, then the pricing might land off at about 8 over.
Old 10/19/06, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Some dealers are using the ebay pricing to adjust their own ADM. One dealer in Chicago I was in line with told me that 25k was the average over MSRP they were going for on Ebay so they were doing the same. Another dealer I just started talking to said they got 11 Shelby's but had only sold three. The reason? They want 30k over. Point being, dealers are trying to make some money. Once dealers are left with 70 thousand dollar Mustangs on the lot that no one will buy the price will go down. Like many here I have been making contacts at dealers in several states in the hopes that somewhere, sometime, i will be able to get one at MSRP, its just not gonna be this year.
Old 10/19/06, 07:41 AM

EBAY is Disneyland. It's unreal. I would never buy a car from EBAY. You REALLY don't know who you are dealing with in a lot of cases. You could take your certified check to buy your car and wind up in a dumpster somewhere.

How 'bout listing the dealers names and phone numbers that you say you have talked to that are selling them for cheap so we can call and see for ourselves? I'm sure folks on this forum would hop at a chance to save some ADM.
Ok, here you go. I didn't include the phone numbers because I don't want to help these guys sell anything. But just go to ebay and do a simple search. FYI: This is only 9 out of about 40 GT500's available. And I'd say about 90-95% are dealers.

1. $63,765 - Coupe - Ultimate Ford in Arkansas.
2. $55,000 - Coupe - Stephens Ford in West Virginia
3. $65,497 - Vert - Sheehy Ford in the DC Metro area
4. $58,765 - Coupe - Bemis Ford in Illinois
5. $55,060 - Coupe (red) - Springfield Ford in Ohio
6. $55,600 - Coupe (black) - Springfield Ford in Ohio
7. $53,765 - Coupe (white) - Springfield Ford in Ohio
8. $54,109 - Coupe - Grand Ledge Ford in Michigan
9. $65,060 - Coupe - Griffin Ford in Georgia

I'd love to be at Springfield Ford when they realize they have three anchors sitting the the showroom all due to their greediness. You can even see it in the pics, all three cars are next to each other!
Old 10/19/06, 09:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stangette
If Ford can continue Production at present levels, the current estimate among many Dealers is MSRP by next Spring.

If Production wanes and the decision is made certain to the rumoured 2 years limited production, then the pricing might land off at about 8 over.
Linda, thank you for giving us an honest dealer's insight into this. I, too, feel like Spring will be the time. Hopefully your Honesty will pay you back in the long run with many sales and repeat customers. I would imagine that my region (Indiana) will fall faster than H-Town (I guess that is Houston). If not, I would be happy to fly down there to buy a car from you based solely on your integrity and honesty.
Old 10/19/06, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'd love to be at Springfield Ford when they realize they have three anchors sitting the the showroom all due to their greediness. You can even see it in the pics, all three cars are next to each other!
That is exactly what we need. The more that are sitting and not selling, the sooner the prices will fall.
Old 10/19/06, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Gary Yomens Ford here in daytona did have one at MSRP... I don't know if they still have it though.
Old 10/19/06, 10:41 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
If it was two months ago and Performance White with Vista Blue stripes, it had a sold sign when I looked at it.
Old 10/19/06, 11:44 AM
GT Member

ther is a dealer in long beach CA that is selling a red GT500 vert for 68560 which is stickr
sorry the price is 48560 not 68560 must have mistyped
Old 10/19/06, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Linda, thank you for giving us an honest dealer's insight into this. I, too, feel like Spring will be the time. Hopefully your Honesty will pay you back in the long run with many sales and repeat customers. I would imagine that my region (Indiana) will fall faster than H-Town (I guess that is Houston). If not, I would be happy to fly down there to buy a car from you based solely on your integrity and honesty.
Thanks. It is a pride of ours and not always result in the largest profit. Our shop has been in business for 40+years, at the same location. We, like many, have made our share of mistakes and seek to learn from them. This is where Integrity happens.

Second, you will be surprised to know i am a Marine Architect by Career and work remotely and consultancy for the Dealership. One day, it might result in a career change. For now, it works for us both. My pay is experiance and a Dealer Price on cars and parts Hence, the answer to why i Daily Drive a Roush Sport and have a Show Car GT500.

We have many Clients in other States with long standing releationships.

The effort to watch pricing and everyone's needs was a collaboration among the Shop Sales and Marketing Team and myself in an effort to become more competitive. While at the same time, generating an acceptable profit. The caveat to all of this, is to maintain honesty and integrity to ensure Client Full Satisfaction. From experiance, i know this is the only way it will work for both parties.

No problem on the pricing, i will share the information when i can professionally do so. Yes, Houston is a hot Market for Mustangs in general. Especially the Limited Editions and Serialized Ones.
Old 10/19/06, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If it was two months ago and Performance White with Vista Blue stripes, it had a sold sign when I looked at it.
no, this is a red coupe with no stripes...
Old 10/19/06, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mobster
Gary Yomens Ford here in daytona did have one at MSRP... I don't know if they still have it though.
I wonder if they have, or are getting, any verts?
Old 10/19/06, 06:41 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I wonder if they have, or are getting, any verts?
Black vert in stock:

Nick Nicolas Ford
2901 West Highway 44
Inverness, FL 34453
Tel: 352-726-1231.
Old 10/19/06, 07:18 PM

Black vert in stock:

Nick Nicolas Ford
2901 West Highway 44
Inverness, FL 34453
Tel: 352-726-1231.
Thanks for the info. By the way, do you know if this dealer sells their GT500's at MSRP?

Quick Reply: Any dealers selling at MSRP?