Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

yet another wounded pony :(

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/13, 02:43 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Get a hold of the user "Five Oh Brian" on here. He's a salesman/enthusiast here from the Seattle area. He will help you out.

Send him a PM
very good advice. How could I have forgotten about Brian. Heck he'll even DRIVE the car to whatever state you live in, plus cover the front grill with painters tape to avoid chips and bugs

PLUS, (this is a must in my book), no front plate drilled holes
Old 4/29/13, 03:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,672 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Don't know how that's even possible my Boss came from the factory pre drilled?!? My state doesn't even require front plates?!?
Old 4/29/13, 06:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak

Don't know how that's even possible my Boss came from the factory pre drilled?!? My state doesn't even require front plates?!?
Oh no! Your dealer must have accidentally drilled it or got it from another dealer in another state that did require it.
Old 4/29/13, 07:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Oh no! Your dealer must have accidentally drilled it or got it from another dealer in another state that did require it.
Nope straight from the factory! It sat in a hold lot in Philly pretty sure they wouldn't do it and the dealership didn't either!
Old 4/29/13, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Desoter_Stang
yeah I've been looking at 2012 Mustang's and in my area (Seattle) used (no new ones left that I can find) Im looking at 28-32k depending on options.

Right now I'm actually leaning towards a SHO or a Fusion titanium.

Oh and to answer the question about the dog's owner, that was the 1st thing I asked the Sheriff that responded to the 911 call, the crash happened in the unincorporated part of the county. And that means that livestock including dogs has the right of way........ I was 3 miles outside the city limits where the leash law would have been in effect, **** farm country roads anyway.
Road trip to pick one up! One way flight and drive it back - that's what I did to get mine.
Old 4/29/13, 10:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Negative on the Fusion Titanium... it's nice on the outside, but inside is a little cramped. Plus that CVT tranny is really not good. It's very rubber-bandy. I know ALL CVT's are, but my Nissan Altima CVT back in 2007 was much much much more refined than this. This one really drives like a rubber band. It was very off putting. We test drove one the last fall.

As for the SHO, I have 2 friends with SHO's and I have gotten rides in them... they're very nice, but very pricey. Not sure if I want to shell out close to 40k for a Taurus

Stick with another pony.... 2012 in Kona, FTW. Instant classic
The only Fusions with CVT's are the hybrid models. Fusion Titaniums get the 2.0L EcoBoost engine and a 6 speed automatic. That 2.0L makes 270 lb ft torque and it comes on very early, so it's entertaining!

OP, sorry to hear about your crash. As many others have said, cars can be replaced. I work at the Ford dealership in Kent. We're one of the largest Mustang dealerships in the NW, and we're very close to you. I have a modded 2011 5.0L, and share your preference for the '11-12's. We get them on our used car lot very regularly, but are currently sold out.

There are several very good Ford dealers in the area and several really bad ones. I hope you find a nice, low miler to start modding all over again!
Old 4/29/13, 10:44 PM

Right now I'm actually leaning towards a SHO or a Fusion titanium.
We're within 20 miles of Seattle. How about our fully loaded '13 Taurus SHO. Just arrived and very deeply discounted. MSRP nearly $48K, and sale priced at just over $40K. Click here for details and pricing.

If you're leaning toward a Fusion Titanium, we have a couple under $30K. Click here to see them all.
Old 4/29/13, 10:46 PM

very good advice. How could I have forgotten about Brian. Heck he'll even DRIVE the car to whatever state you live in, plus cover the front grill with painters tape to avoid chips and bugs

Thanks for the kudos! Some of what you said is right, too....
Old 4/30/13, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
what a jerk, I bet he was uninsured.
The owner folks, the owner.
Old 4/30/13, 06:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I'm assuming the dog didn't wait around after the accident.
The owner of the dog as stated.

I'm supprised the officer that wrote up the report did not check the area for the dog owner. Was being fed by someone if its running around.

Happened to my brother in law. He always let his dog run off without ever leashing it. It caused a motorcyclist to swerve, drop, and slide. It took two days, but the officer traced the dog back to my brother in law who recieved a nice fine, plus the insurance came after him for medical, property damage, and a large sum for pain and suffering to the motorcyclist.

That idiot (my brother in law) no longer owns a dog.
Old 4/30/13, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Now will your insurance company cover any of your mods?
Unless he has the mods on his policy, his insurance isn't going to pay for anything beyond what factory parts cost. If he can trace down the dog owner and if they are proven responsible and are liable in that jurisdiction, then they (or their insurance) would be liable for any and all mods.

I had a heavily modded car totaled by another driver. I got full retail for the mods (over $10k) plus install labor for all mods. They initially tried to give me depreciated value for the mods. To be honest, I was surprised I got retail. I think I just out-waited them. I refused to settle for over a year which I know a lot of people couldn't afford to do.They may have been worried about the treble damages insurance companies are liable for if they don't act in good faith. I don't think they were guilty but it could be a policy based on not knowing what a jury will do when they hear the insurance company wouldn't settle after a year.

I was pretty amazed at how stupid insurance companies can be. I ordered an identical replacement car the day after the accident and offered to just take back the undamaged mods (the majority of them) rather than go after them for the value and they refused.

The thing they fought hardest on was the rental value of a comparable performance car for the 8 weeks it took for the new car to arrive. I didn't need or take a rental because I had other cars but I looked at it as a kind of loss of consortium situation. LoL. I think they eventually settled for 50% of what a rental would have cost had I rented one.
Old 5/1/13, 05:10 AM
Cobra Member

May I ask who your insurance company is (or was) when you had this accident?
Old 5/1/13, 08:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
May I ask who your insurance company is (or was) when you had this accident?
Not sure if you are talking to me but since your post was after mine....

I don't recall who my insurance was when my Formula was totaled in '97 but they weren't involved anyway other than receiving a report for their files. But I definitely remember the dumb insurance company of the responsible party I had to deal with. It was American Family Insurance.

I still can't believe they ended up paying out full retail for expensive mods instead of just handing them back to me, including 3 of 4 custom HRE wheels, two of which may not fit any other car in existence since I had modified the rear wheel wells to use a custom offset to get the 11.5s completely inside the fenders. Even the 4th damaged wheel was probably repairable at relatively low cost since it appeared to just need new inner and outer hoops (this was when Gene Howald still owned HRE).
Old 5/1/13, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys been super busy and unable to get my post on.

Thanks for all the info and opinions, thanks a ton for the info Five Oh Brian.

After much thinking I bought a 2013 SHO last night, Brian I've been a long time customer of Bill Pierre Ford, they have treated me extremely well over the years. I got in with the x-plan and they also got me an additional $3500 in rebates on the car, super happy with the car so far.

As for the 2012 Mustang I went down yesterday afternoon and started to remove my aftermarket parts and the few remaining personal items from the car. Was very sad, going to miss the old girl, but I'm still happy with the new car direction I chose.

In-case the ins company question was pointed at me I'm with Farmers, they have also been very very good to me over the last 25 years. They are even letting me remove my aftermarket parts which from what I understand is not very common.

As for parts from the stang I plan on selling them and the fine people on this forum can have first grab at them, here's the list of items.

Boss 302 intake
C & L CAI w/filter for Boss 302 intake
SCT tuner with 87 performance tune and 92 perfomance 92 street and 92 race tunes, all for Boss 302 intake (from Bama)
Boss 302 strut tower brace
Boss 302 oil cooler
MGW shifter

Once I have the salvage cost of the car I'll post that, in the end the front end frame clip and engine cradle have a large amount of damage so the car is no good as a racer. I know some folks might be interested in the motor/trany if the price is right.

Last edited by Desoter_Stang; 5/1/13 at 11:08 AM.
Old 5/1/13, 12:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

After much thinking I bought a 2013 SHO last night, Brian I've been a long time customer of Bill Pierre Ford, they have treated me extremely well over the years. I got in with the x-plan and they also got me an additional $3500 in rebates on the car, super happy with the car so far.

As for the 2012 Mustang I went down yesterday afternoon and started to remove my aftermarket parts and the few remaining personal items from the car. Was very sad, going to miss the old girl, but I'm still happy with the new car direction I chose.

In-case the ins company question was pointed at me I'm with Farmers, they have also been very very good to me over the last 25 years. They are even letting me remove my aftermarket parts which from what I understand is not very common.

As for parts from the stang I plan on selling them and the fine people on this forum can have first grab at them, here's the list of items.

Boss 302 intake
C & L CAI w/filter for Boss 302 intake
SCT tuner with 87 performance tune and 92 perfomance 92 street and 92 race tunes, all for Boss 302 intake (from Bama)
Boss 302 strut tower brace
Boss 302 oil cooler
MGW shifter

Once I have the salvage cost of the car I'll post that, in the end the front end frame clip and engine cradle have a large amount of damage so the car is no good as a racer. I know some folks might be interested in the motor/trany if the price is right.
Nothing wrong with that choice - they're fantastic cars and GREAT long-distance cruisers, plus the nice backseat and huge trunk. Congrats!
Old 5/1/13, 06:38 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

After much thinking I bought a 2013 SHO last night, Brian I've been a long time customer of Bill Pierre Ford, they have treated me extremely well over the years. I got in with the x-plan and they also got me an additional $3500 in rebates on the car, super happy with the car so far..
Congrats I think they are very nice especially the SHO!!! Post up some pics!
Old 5/1/13, 09:40 PM
GT Member

Congrats on the new ride, glad everything worked out
Old 5/1/13, 11:44 PM

Congrats on the new SHO, Josh. No worries about the loyalty to Bill Pierre, although I would have loved to have seen a forum member buy our SHO. We have ours priced publicly for $200 below the X-plan price, and there's $4,250 in factory rebates if you finance with Ford Credit ($3,500 if you finance with any other lender, which is likely what you did). You still got a great deal and got it from someplace you are comfortable with: win-win.

I went through your list of mods that you'll have for sale and was hoping to spot something I could use on my '11 5.0L, but didn't. You'll have no problem selling your mods, though.

Go put some miles on your SHO !!!
Old 5/2/13, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, if it were me they might need to replace the drivers seat also, as I might have stained it during the wreck. Good to hear you are ok. If it's totaled there is going to be a rush to get running gear and other things for someone's project.

Obviously you have amazing taste in cars, the next one will be more amazing.
Old 5/2/13, 08:00 AM
Banned

How do you like the SHO anyway? I've kinda liked them for a while, especially since the Secret Service and FBI drive them now...

Quick Reply: yet another wounded pony :(