2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

yet another wounded pony :(

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/13, 06:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Danielle, I'm not saying that you should just be running over every animal that comes along but given the situation the dog would have gotten it over almost compartmentalizing my Mustang into a Smart Car with me in it.
Old 4/13/13, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my cats. All three of them. If it were their lives or yours, I would just hope that their deaths are swift. I'll be honest this does look a little suspect.
Old 4/13/13, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey either way it sucks. even if he was going faster we all have sped. You do not own a stang to drive to church. I am sure most people will try to avoid an animal if possible. But most people would hit an animal if they were in danger. either way you either get a wrecked or totaled car OR you get an injured animal or dead animal. I love animals and would never like to see one injured or killed. Unfortunately automobiles and animals do not mix. Glad to see the dog okay. sorry to hear about the car. it is unfortunate that it could not have turned out better for both of you.
Old 4/13/13, 12:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Dude, it's just a car, you're talking about killing an animal for a car. :notcool: cars can be fixed.
If it were a flat road with no oncoming traffic and no chance of risking your life, than yeah, avoid the dog. However, if you're next to a cliff and your options are to either to run the car over, or go off the cliff, I say gun it so the dog goes under the car. If you brake and hit the dog, then it could come flying through the front windshield.

Originally Posted by Desoter_Stang
Driving down one of my favorite back roads here in NW WA, not racing just enjoying a nice early spring evening, round a corner big black lab walking across to road.......

I was doing about 40mph got on the brakes hard, ABS kicked in, I swerved to the right a bit and the PS tires dropped off the road surface . This particular road has about 1 foot of grass and on the right drops into a 20 foot deep ditch, other side 25 foot drop into marshland.

I feel the PS rear sliding into the ditch, I got off the brakes and started to get the car back onto the pavement but when the rear tire came on it spun the car 180 and I went backwards off the road into the marshland. I slid about 200 feet down and through the marsh, lots of trees and logs in my way. I have some bruised ribs but otherwise I am fine, car on the other hand.......

will find out today if its totaled or not.

PS quarter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PS door2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PS door | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PF front | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

front | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

rear | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Sorry, I'm a dog friendly person but that dude would have gotten some bumper. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Glad you made it out with less injuries than could have happened.

That looks like it will be totaled....

Thanks for the well wishing gang, the shop got some plastic over the broken window pretty quick.

if its totaled it will have to be a new 2012 on nothing at all, don't care for the 13s at all, if I wanted a Shelby I'd buy a Shelby, just my personal opinion. So if its totaled I'll try to find another 12 with the same options/package, if I can't find one I'll hold off on a new car for a bit. Still got my Triumph Rocket 3 to get around on.
What's up with your taillights, they look weird...
Old 4/13/13, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
No offense Op but 40 is a little suspect. 40 to 0 in a mustang is nothing. Are you sure you weren't doing a little more than that. even if you were don't post it here.
Nope was doing 40, it had rained all day and had stopped about 1 hour before so the road surface was wet. It was the tires dropping in the grass on the right side of the road that did me in, as for swerving I've killed 1 dog and 1 cat with cars in my life and it feels awful, esp when you have to go up to a house and tell them their dog is pinned under your car.

Insurance called they are saying 25-28k damage, but they valued the car at 38k so sounds like its going to get fixed. I'll have the final word on it Tuesday next week.

The center of the faux gas cap says Boss 302, I Boss 302'd the car early on, intake, cooler, suspension, was still quite a bit cheaper than buying a Boss 302 out right.

Just an observation here, I've been reading & posting on this forum for quite a few years, don't post much but always liked the community, but I do find it bothersome that so many ppl just assume I'm lying about the speed I was going.

The roads were wet and with my tune I'm at 450hp +/- I don't muck about when its wet HP+wet surface+heavy right foot = bad.

After reading a few of the posts my opinion of the community here is quite diminished

Last edited by Desoter_Stang; 4/13/13 at 04:26 PM.
Old 4/13/13, 05:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope was doing 40, it had rained all day and had stopped about 1 hour before so the road surface was wet. It was the tires dropping in the grass on the right side of the road that did me in, as for swerving I've killed 1 dog and 1 cat with cars in my life and it feels awful, esp when you have to go up to a house and tell them their dog is pinned under your car.

Insurance called they are saying 25-28k damage, but they valued the car at 38k so sounds like its going to get fixed. I'll have the final word on it Tuesday next week.

The center of the faux gas cap says Boss 302, I Boss 302'd the car early on, intake, cooler, suspension, was still quite a bit cheaper than buying a Boss 302 out right.

Just an observation here, I've been reading & posting on this forum for quite a few years, don't post much but always liked the community, but I do find it bothersome that so many ppl just assume I'm lying about the speed I was going.

The roads were wet and with my tune I'm at 450hp +/- I don't muck about when its wet HP+wet surface+heavy right foot = bad.

After reading a few of the posts my opinion of the community here is quite diminished
Its all good man. Everyone's a skeptic and a critic. Keep doing your thing and stick around
Old 4/13/13, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been called a lot worse here, but remember this IS the Internet and people aren't 100% truthful in life, do you think they are here? Don't take it so personal, it's just a friendly investigation. ...I watch too much "the first 48"

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/13/13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 4/13/13, 06:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ignore them. Just a few newer jackwads. That mods are watching because of the dissension they constantly stir up for no purpose other than to be ******** online. Apparently being ******** in real life isn't enough for them.

Glad you're ok.
Old 4/13/13, 10:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Ignore them. Just a few newer jackwads. That mods are watching because of the dissension they constantly stir up for no purpose other than to be ******** online. Apparently being ******** in real life isn't enough for them.

Glad you're ok.
How did you bypass the language filters? I've been trying all day. Lol
Old 4/13/13, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio

Plural isn't filtered
Old 4/13/13, 11:18 PM
Banned

they valued the car at 38k? pretty generous.

Do you want the car fixed? or would you feel like you have something with diminished value that will never be the same?
Old 4/14/13, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
they valued the car at 38k? pretty generous.

Do you want the car fixed? or would you feel like you have something with diminished value that will never be the same?
honestly a big part of me wants the car to be totaled as I know it will never be the same, even if the chassis is straight. On the other hand as I don't much care for the 2013/14 looks, I'd sure love to keep my 2012. Ahhh the mental conflict!

If it is totaled but the chassis is straight I may buy it back and use it as a race car.

I'll find out in a couple of days for sure.
Old 4/19/13, 10:05 AM
V6 Member

It's official, as of yesterday repair work started on the car, I really wasn't expecting that. I'll post updated pics as the work progresses.
Old 4/19/13, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
It's official, as of yesterday repair work started on the car, I really wasn't expecting that. I'll post updated pics as the work progresses.
Dang, I'm surprised but it is what it is. Based on my much lesser damage taking three weeks, I'm guessing you'll be waiting 4-6?
Old 4/19/13, 02:52 PM
V6 Member

yeah they said 4-5 weeks.
Old 4/19/13, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Seniority
Old 4/19/13, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

They put its value at 38k for a used gt?? Are you sure you didn't get and dumb a$$ adjuster who thought it actually was a boss? A brand new all options gt coupe invoice is around 38k ...

I went for an appraisal about 5 years ago and they wrote my 99 v6 with cobra r rims up as a cobra - I got a good laugh out of it.
Old 4/19/13, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
What really sucks about having that much damage is what they find when they actually get it apart and then all the issues you WILL HAVE when you get it back. I had a 94 GT fully loaded (back in the day) that was only about 3 months old. I was passing a car that decided to turn left, right in front of me. I swerved left harder to try to avoid hitting her and went into the curb, then straight into a tree. The estimate was around 14K to fix it (sticker was around 23K I believe), so they started repairing it. As they were working on it, they found an additional 2-3K worth of damage. Since the insurance company had already OK'd it, and started shelling out $$$ for the repairs, the body shop moved forward (even though it was now costing over 75% of the value of the car that would usually = totaled). I voiced my concerns to the insurance company but they said the body shop would stand behind their work that had already started (and started being funded so they had no interest in eating that loss). The car was in the shop at least 10 additional times for issues after I got it back (interior would fill with water when it rained = new carpet throughout 2x), loud creaking over bumps (they forgot to spot weld some of seams somewhere in the shock towers). Front end would not keep an alignment, found the dash was cracked by my knee in the accident so it had to be replaced. Nightmares continued until I traded it in and got like $3000 for it in 2002.
Old 4/20/13, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you. I am here in Seattle and I know the issue you had. with our rain I would have them test it for water leaks after it is fixed. I also hope you took it to a reputable shop. Hate to see a car with that much damage repaired.

I destroyed my 20o3 conv feb of 2012. I was glad I totaled it. here is a picture. it might make you feel better.
Attached Thumbnails yet another wounded pony :(-img_49052.jpg  
Old 4/22/13, 11:00 AM
V6 Member

It's being repaired at ARAcollision here in Seattle they have done work for me in the past and I have always been very happy with their work. As for the adjuster I talked to him on Thursday and he is leaving the case open in-case they find other damage one the car comes apart. I have Farmers insurance and been with the same agent for 22 years, they have always treated me extremely well. He knew there may be further damages once the dug into the car and assured me those issues (should they crop up) would be taken care of. Total damages at this point are 24k.

Quick Reply: yet another wounded pony :(