2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

yet another wounded pony :(

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/13, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 99mstng
They put its value at 38k for a used gt?? Are you sure you didn't get and dumb a$$ adjuster who thought it actually was a boss? A brand new all options gt coupe invoice is around 38k ...

I went for an appraisal about 5 years ago and they wrote my 99 v6 with cobra r rims up as a cobra - I got a good laugh out of it.

I am pretty sure his boss badge screwed him. The car would have been a total lost without it. Pretty sure his MSRP sticker is lower than 38K. He would be extremely lucky to even get 28k for it.
Old 4/22/13, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry for your loss; nice looking car.

For me, if the animal isn't bigger than my car, I just flip on the windshield wipers. Hitting that dog would have done much less damage to the car.

I've hit dogs & my dog has been hit. Just a risk you take as a pet owner allowing your pets to roam on the streets.

Glad you're ok. Good luck w/ your car.
Old 4/22/13, 02:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Desoter_Stang
It's official, as of yesterday repair work started on the car, I really wasn't expecting that. I'll post updated pics as the work progresses.
That should have been a total out IMO. My Mach 1 had very similar damage.

well except my 04 was sitting in the sun at a detail shop and not actually on the road.
Attached Thumbnails yet another wounded pony :(-p1010006.jpg  
Old 4/22/13, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by nycuser
I am pretty sure his boss badge screwed him. The car would have been a total lost without it. Pretty sure his MSRP sticker is lower than 38K. He would be extremely lucky to even get 28k for it.
I double checked with the adjuster today and he knows it is not a boss, but a GT that I added boss parts and badges to. 38k was a miss quote from one of the guys at the shop, the adjuster put the value of the car at 30k + $3200 for the parts I added. I have a separate rider on my insurance to cover mods as the regular insurance only covers up to $1000 for aftermarket/mods.

I was totally surprised that the car wasn't totaled, however after a long talk with the shop owner today he assured me that there was no chassis damage. had there been any major under pinning damage the car would have been totaled.

At this point it doesn't matter as the car is being repaired, so I'll sit back and wait for the results.

I should be getting down to the shop this Friday to take some progress pics, I'll post them once I have them.
Old 4/22/13, 10:34 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok. As long as you're satisfied when its all said and done, then that's all that matters
Old 4/22/13, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Ok. As long as you're satisfied when its all said and done, then that's all that matters
TWSS
Old 4/22/13, 11:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio

TWSS
Old 4/23/13, 01:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
HO HO!!
Old 4/23/13, 01:30 PM

HO HO!!
Merry Christmas!
Old 4/29/13, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Well as I kinda suspected, once the shop started to pull panels off, they found more damage. The car is officially totaled just waiting to hear from the adjuster on the value they are going to give me on it.

Everyone tip you preferred beverage in memory of a fallen Mustang
Old 4/29/13, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First, glad you are alright.

Was the owner of the dog anywhere to be found? There's leash laws for a reason; The owner should be held liable. He put you (most important) and a defensless animal in extreem danger here.

Last edited by Bucko; 4/29/13 at 10:22 AM.
Old 4/29/13, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
First, glad you are alright.

Was the owner of the dog anywhere to be found? There's leash laws for a reason; The owner should be held liable. He put you (most important) and a defensless animal in extreem danger here.
I'm assuming the dog didn't wait around after the accident.
Old 4/29/13, 11:23 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
What really sucks about having that much damage is what they find when they actually get it apart and then all the issues you WILL HAVE when you get it back. I had a 94 GT fully loaded (back in the day) that was only about 3 months old. I was passing a car that decided to turn left, right in front of me. I swerved left harder to try to avoid hitting her and went into the curb, then straight into a tree. The estimate was around 14K to fix it (sticker was around 23K I believe), so they started repairing it. As they were working on it, they found an additional 2-3K worth of damage. Since the insurance company had already OK'd it, and started shelling out $$$ for the repairs, the body shop moved forward (even though it was now costing over 75% of the value of the car that would usually = totaled). I voiced my concerns to the insurance company but they said the body shop would stand behind their work that had already started (and started being funded so they had no interest in eating that loss). The car was in the shop at least 10 additional times for issues after I got it back (interior would fill with water when it rained = new carpet throughout 2x), loud creaking over bumps (they forgot to spot weld some of seams somewhere in the shock towers). Front end would not keep an alignment, found the dash was cracked by my knee in the accident so it had to be replaced. Nightmares continued until I traded it in and got like $3000 for it in 2002.
This times 1000%. This is what scares me about major accident repairs.

Well as I kinda suspected, once the shop started to pull panels off, they found more damage. The car is officially totaled just waiting to hear from the adjuster on the value they are going to give me on it.

This is great news. Now get yourself back in another pony real soon.
Old 4/29/13, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I'm assuming the dog didn't wait around after the accident.
what a jerk, I bet he was uninsured.
Old 4/29/13, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

what a jerk, I bet he was uninsured.
What kind of dog do you think it is?
Old 4/29/13, 12:27 PM
Banned

probably something shifty like a Cocker Spaniel.
Old 4/29/13, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Though it sucks you had yours modded so nicely, this is good news. Now will your insurance company cover any of your mods?
Old 4/29/13, 02:17 PM
V6 Member

yeah I've been looking at 2012 Mustang's and in my area (Seattle) used (no new ones left that I can find) Im looking at 28-32k depending on options.

Right now I'm actually leaning towards a SHO or a Fusion titanium.

Oh and to answer the question about the dog's owner, that was the 1st thing I asked the Sheriff that responded to the 911 call, the crash happened in the unincorporated part of the county. And that means that livestock including dogs has the right of way........ I was 3 miles outside the city limits where the leash law would have been in effect, **** farm country roads anyway.

Last edited by Desoter_Stang; 4/29/13 at 02:20 PM.
Old 4/29/13, 02:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
yeah I've been looking at 2012 Mustang's and in my area (Seattle) used (no new ones left that I can find) Im looking at 28-32k depending on options.

Oh and to answer the question about the dog's owner, that was the 1st thing I asked the Sheriff that responded to the 911 call, the crash happened in the unincorporated part of the county. And that means that livestock including dogs has the right of way........ I was 3 miles outside the city limits where the leash law would have been in effect, **** farm country roads anyway.
Negative on the Fusion Titanium... it's nice on the outside, but inside is a little cramped. Plus that CVT tranny is really not good. It's very rubber-bandy. I know ALL CVT's are, but my Nissan Altima CVT back in 2007 was much much much more refined than this. This one really drives like a rubber band. It was very off putting. We test drove one the last fall.

As for the SHO, I have 2 friends with SHO's and I have gotten rides in them... they're very nice, but very pricey. Not sure if I want to shell out close to 40k for a Taurus

Stick with another pony.... 2012 in Kona, FTW. Instant classic
Old 4/29/13, 02:35 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Get a hold of the user "Five Oh Brian" on here. He's a salesman/enthusiast here from the Seattle area. He will help you out.

Send him a PM

Last edited by stangfoeva; 4/29/13 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: yet another wounded pony :(