Search this Thread

Old 10/8/15, 04:28 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I hate this thread.
Old 10/8/15, 05:23 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
What is this "winter" I keep hearing about?
Old 10/8/15, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Cheap beaters still cost money (a lot of money in places like Michigan...), and won't be as fun as my Mustang. It's going to rust anyways just from driving during summer months. The salt ain't gonna make it happen that much quicker...been around the block a few times with old cars and michigan weather (winter and otherwise).
I hear ya Joe. Rock salt will tear up a car even with modern day corrosion resistant coatings.
Old 10/8/15, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Are you saying that your Mustang with awesome snow tires is better in the winter months/snow than my Ram 1500 4X4?!?............I don't know bro. My truck is pretty beast in the winter and snow. Most of the guys at work laugh when they see me leave work after many inches of snow has fallen in an unplowed parking lot and how the truck handles in the snow. They ask me if I need to be shoveled out or a push. Wise guys!! lol
I do agree if I had to drive RWD in the winter,...I would buy the best snow/winter tires money could buy.
Good luck guys and gals. Stay safe.
If your Ram has all seasons, maybe. There are many variables and of course the ground clearance does give the Ram a big advantage in deep snow. Not sure how the Mustang handles in the snow since I dont drive mine in the winter, but my RWD 99 Grand Marquis with Blizzaks plows thru the snow like a tractor.
Old 10/8/15, 02:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by jccroz123
If your Ram has all seasons, maybe. There are many variables and of course the ground clearance does give the Ram a big advantage in deep snow. Not sure how the Mustang handles in the snow since I dont drive mine in the winter, but my RWD 99 Grand Marquis with Blizzaks plows thru the snow like a tractor.
Yes, the truck has all seasons on it. Drives like a beast in the snow. ANd you're right about the clearance. That is a HUGE advantage. That and the 4X4 has got me thinking I may get another truck when it comes time for a new daily driver. I REALLY want the Jeep SRT, but is AWD and not as much ground clearance. So, the 4X4 and ground clearance is a huge plus. Especially when the plows come up and down the street while I'm at work. It's like an avalanche at the end of the driveway. Depending on how many inches have fallen, of course.
And for the record,......I would never drive my Mustang in the winter/snow, let alone even think about it!
Old 10/8/15, 02:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yes, the truck has all seasons on it. Drives like a beast in the snow. ANd you're right about the clearance. That is a HUGE advantage. That and the 4X4 has got me thinking I may get another truck when it comes time for a new daily driver. I REALLY want the Jeep SRT, but is AWD and not as much ground clearance. So, the 4X4 and ground clearance is a huge plus. Especially when the plows come up and down the street while I'm at work. It's like an avalanche at the end of the driveway. Depending on how many inches have fallen, of course.
And for the record,......I would never drive my Mustang in the winter/snow, let alone even think about it!
^ yeah you guys are crazy. We can't even get Tony to put 2000 miles TOTAL on his beast over 2 years in GOOD weather. Now you're asking SNOW? lol

fuggedabowtit.
Old 10/8/15, 03:14 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ yeah you guys are crazy. We can't even get Tony to put 2000 miles TOTAL on his beast over 2 years in GOOD weather. Now you're asking SNOW? lol
fuggedabowtit.
LMFAO
FUUUUGGGGGEDAAABBOOOWWIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over 2,300 miles now as of today.