A whole lot of hatin' going on!

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/08, 02:57 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black GT500
Didn't wait???

I've been waiting since 1970!!!

In My Humble Opinion, from 1971-2004 they all looked like crap. Ford finally got it right in 2005, that is the reason I bought two 2008 Special Edition Mustangs.

My thoughts exactly!!
All they did was prostitute the brand name during those years cause they sure didn't look like real Mustangs to me!

The 2005~2009 Mustang was nearly perfect. Like I said when the 2005 came out, anyone who wants a Mustang better get it now, because there is nowhere to go from here but down. As predicted, the 2010 Mustang Seems to be slipping off the other side of the **** near perfect Mustang “pinnacle” of 2005~2009.

I agree!!

Although it is leaps and bounds better than the 1974-2004, it is a small step down from the 2009. Almost every single exterior styling change was a step in the wrong direction, with it's Chevy Avalanche style excessive lower cladding, a tiny grill that looks way too similar to the little Chevy Camaro grill and the Dodge Challenger three-story tall bloated rear quarter panel with the Dodge inspired way too ghetto “Hot Wheels” style tire and wheels and the droopy eyed chopped off front lights that look like a halfassed after thought chop job… I won't even get started about the strange tail lights and rear end.

I really agree!!
Since when does Dodge, Chevy and the JapaEuro clones set the pace for "true" Mustang styling??

I’m not a 2010 hater, I would even own one, but I’m not likely to go out and buy one, I've got a lot of miles left in mine. The 2010 is a nice looking Mustang, how could it not be? It is indeed after all a SN197 with some relatively small though less-than-perfect styling changes.
I think that makes total agreement!! Well put!!

As I said in another thread, too much morphing and borrowing goin' on in the '10. Looks like blending & digital cropping from a bunch of "almost cool" and from the "late to the party" gang.

Ford should stand on its own merits because...

A Ford Mustang should look like a Ford Mustang should!

A whole lot of hatin' going on!-b-drive-4.6.08.jpg

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/6/08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 12:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't wait???

I've been waiting since 1970!!!

In My Humble Opinion, from 1971-2004 they all looked like crap. Ford finally got it right in 2005, that is the reason I bought two 2008 Special Edition Mustangs (That’s bought chris8519, as in paid for, titles in my name and in my hand, not making payments. Sheehs).

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.foureyedpride.com/

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/index.php

Old 12/7/08, 12:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Didn't wait???
You think maybe they are a little jealous!???

Awe Come On Now, you didn’t just say that…

I've been waiting since 1970!!! In My Humble Opinion, from 1971-2004 they all looked like crap. Ford finally got it right in 2005, that is the reason I bought two 2008 Special Edition Mustangs (That’s bought chris8519, as in paid for, titles in my name and in my hand, not making payments. Sheehs).
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, them's fighting words. I sense a Mustang civil war coming around

Last edited by Poisoned Pony; 12/7/08 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 03:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, them's fighting words. I sense a Mustang civil war coming around
Fasten your seatbelts...it'd going to be a bumpy ride!
Attached Images  
Old 12/7/08, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack

Hey....FOUR EYES!

Old 12/7/08, 08:04 AM
Cobra R Member

uh oh more 05-09 guys with a superiority complex...
Old 12/7/08, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
uh oh more 05-09 guys with a superiority complex...

What's the matter, the guy can't have an opinion? How is that a superiority complex?

I agree with him that the '05 - '09 cars are the nicest Mustangs to date, but I don't agree with him that every Mustang from '71 - '04 looked like crap. I really liked the Fox body cars, even though they were the furthest thing away from retro styling.

But to say he has a superiority complex because of his OPINION is just foolish.
Old 12/7/08, 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Call it whatever you want but I notice a trend with many, not all 05-09 Mustang guys. It seems many think their cars are so much better than anyone else's. The type of guys who go to local car shows and say that the only real Mustangs are 65-73 and 05-09. Luckily the 74-04 cars still sold in great numbers for the most car despite "looking like crap" in fact if you look at sales numbers the current gen has sold about the same and maybe even sell the the 99-04 gen. Maybe I over reacted but it's not the first time I hear a current gen owner bash all the other gens.

I hope the next gen model goes away from the retro form. I think that the 05-09 car was a cool experiment, but now with the competition ripping them off it's time to move on the 60s are over!
Old 12/7/08, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nana Nana im Superior with my 08!
Old 12/7/08, 09:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
Nana Nana im Superior with my 08!
I should be joining the club soon, about ready to pick a an 06' GT........ but my 03' Cobra will always be superior to it lol
Old 12/7/08, 09:29 AM
Banned

I hope the next gen model goes away from the retro form. I think that the 05-09 car was a cool experiment, but now with the competition ripping them off it's time to move on the 60s are over!
I hope so too. Retro car design will eventually fade away...it can't last forever. And that's a GOOD thing in my opinion. The Mustang will eventually go back to a completely modern design interpretation and I hope that day comes sooner than later. I want my '09 to start looking more like a classic! They already have the looks, but now they just need two things: age and newer model Mustangs on the streets.
Old 12/7/08, 10:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets All Do The Superior Dance....

Old 12/7/08, 10:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Even Steven
I hope so too. Retro car design will eventually fade away...it can't last forever. And that's a GOOD thing in my opinion. The Mustang will eventually go back to a completely modern design interpretation and I hope that day comes sooner than later. I want my '09 to start looking more like a classic! They already have the looks, but now they just need two things: age and newer model Mustangs on the streets.
I have a feeling that the 05-09 cars will never have the classic appeal of the original classic Mustangs of 65-73. Before the flaming starts let me explain my reasons.

1. These cars unlike the originals have remained more or less the same since the first model year. The original Mustangs had fairly dramatic changes every 2 models years (3yrs for 71-73). Even those years with the same body styles had minor differences, look at 69-70 for example.

2. I think as these cars get older, people who bought fox-body cars will create a demand for those over 4th and 5th gen cars. I think These will be the next classic Mustangs. I don't mean to offend anybody here but when the baby-boomer crowd starts to die off, demand for 60s cars may start to curve. I remember hearing about this in the 80s when 30s and 40s hot rods started to lose their mass appeal in favor of newer generation muscle cars. I see the market for fox-body cars getting big in the next 10-15yrs IMO.

3. I also find these cars future values to never reach those of the classic cars. For one these cars a built much better and last much longer. My father is in the middle of a 70' Boss 302 restoration and I am amazed how poorly made these original cars where made. Also, people are taking better care of these cars and many, myself included try to keep the mileage low. Take a look at the classified and you will be stunned by how the market is flooded with low mile 05-09 GTs.

what do you guys think? Differing opinions anyone?
Old 12/7/08, 11:30 AM
Banned

I have a feeling that the 05-09 cars will never have the classic appeal of the original classic Mustangs of 65-73. Before the flaming starts let me explain my reasons.

1. These cars unlike the originals have remained more or less the same since the first model year. The original Mustangs had fairly dramatic changes every 2 models years (3yrs for 71-73). Even those years with the same body styles had minor differences, look at 69-70 for example.
They already have the classic appeal of the originals to me simply because they look so much like them. That was the instant appeal for many of owners of the '05 - '09 cars. They were instant classics.

2. I think as these cars get older, people who bought fox-body cars will create a demand for those over 4th and 5th gen cars. I think These will be the next classic Mustangs. I don't mean to offend anybody here but when the baby-boomer crowd starts to die off, demand for 60s cars may start to curve. I remember hearing about this in the 80s when 30s and 40s hot rods started to lose their mass appeal in favor of newer generation muscle cars. I see the market for fox-body cars getting big in the next 10-15yrs IMO.
Baby Boomers have nothing to do with it... there will always be younger generations that will find classic Mustangs appealing. Comparing 30's and 40's rods with 60's and 70's muscle cars/pony cars isn't fair. The original Mustang had perfect timing to be part of the golden age of the muscle car. In fact, it helped create that golden age as other muscle cars/pony cars were created in response to its success. I'm Generation X and I've always loved the late 60's Mustangs. There are a ton of people just like me.

3. I also find these cars future values to never reach those of the classic cars. For one these cars a built much better and last much longer. My father is in the middle of a 70' Boss 302 restoration and I am amazed how poorly made these original cars where made. Also, people are taking better care of these cars and many, myself included try to keep the mileage low. Take a look at the classified and you will be stunned by how the market is flooded with low mile 05-09 GTs.

Of course when it comes to future values, the rarer the car is, the more value it will hold, all else equal. The same thing is true for anything worth collecting, from classic cars to baseball cards. Back in the day, nobody had any idea that certain items would have such incredible collector value. Now everyone knows better, so there are more people holding on to things that they feel will be valuable in the future. Somehow, my nephews Derek Jeter mint condition rookie card will never be anywhere near as valuable as his slightly worn Babe Ruth card. But none of this really matters to me because I don't care about future values as much as I do about owning a car that is basically a tribute car to the classics that I love so much. Some day I'll get my hands on a '69 Boss 302 or Mach I and rebuild it to perfection.
Old 12/7/08, 04:34 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,689 Posts

2. I think as these cars get older, people who bought fox-body cars will create a demand for those over 4th and 5th gen cars. I think These will be the next classic Mustangs.
If what you say concerning the 05-09 cars, as never having the classic appeal of the original classic Mustangs of 65-73, has any value. Then the same also applies for the Fox body cars, for these cars unlike the originals, had also remained pretty much the same during it's entire 14 year production run as well, with the exception of some minor facelifts here and there.

Therefore your claim about the Fox bodies becoming the next classic Mustang's, just doesn't hold any real value. Because according to your very same reasons, for which you previously brought up, as to how the 05-09 models will never have the same appeal of the original 65-73 Mustangs. Would also have to apply towards the Fox body cars as well. Otherwise your argument, is totally contradictive.

I don't mean to offend anybody here but when the baby-boomer crowd starts to die off, demand for 60s cars may start to curve. I remember hearing about this in the 80s when 30s and 40s hot rods started to lose their mass appeal in favor of newer generation muscle cars. I see the market for fox-body cars getting big in the next 10-15yrs IMO.
First of all, I just happen to be one of those baby boomers, and at 50 years old. I am in perfect health, and I also intend on being around for quite a long time. So don't even think about trying to kill me off anytime soon.

You asked for differing opinions. Well you just got a couple from this ole geezer

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/7/08 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 07:16 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Call it whatever you want but I notice a trend with many, not all 05-09 Mustang guys. It seems many think their cars are so much better than anyone else's. The type of guys who go to local car shows and say that the only real Mustangs are 65-73 and 05-09. Luckily the 74-04 cars still sold in great numbers for the most car despite "looking like crap" in fact if you look at sales numbers the current gen has sold about the same and maybe even sell the the 99-04 gen. Maybe I over reacted but it's not the first time I hear a current gen owner bash all the other gens.
And I'm also quite certain, there are plenty of SN-95 guys whom also think they're cars are so much better than anyone else's as well. As a matter of fact, I've also heard comments from those at local car cruise events who claim that only their Fox's, and SN-95's are the only real Mustangs...Well so **** what, as who really cares..As everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

And I am also personally fed up with those who constantly bash the current S-197's retro styling with their so boring and stale remarks.

The bottom line is this, all you Fox and SN-95 guys have had over 25 years of modern, and non classic 60's design styling, but yet the moment Ford brought the Mustang back to it's original roots and styling heritage for the first time in over 30 years. All the bashing had already begun to take place before the current S-197, had even been in production for less than 3 model years.

Well guess what, now it's time for us baby boomers to enjoy our favorite Mustangs, once again. And I'm sure there's plenty of others, besides just ourselves, who also feel the same way.

Also for those who feel nothing but the need for bashing the current S-197. My question is this, why do you even bother to continue posting in the S-197 forums to begin with.

Although I really wasn't a huge fan of the SN-95's, I also did not bash them. Nor did I ever bash any of Fox generation cars either, for I previously had owned 3 of them.

And so are the 90's. So get over it !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/7/08 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 07:34 PM
Post *****

You know, we all have, or have had, our favorite rides. And one person's opinion is not over another's. Out of the total, I don't like most model year's of Mustangs. That's me. But if I had owned one of those 'in between' IMO years, it would have been for good reason at the time, and I would defend that reason like others are. So my opinion does not overpower someone else's.

And I don't know the technical terms for the different nuances in looks and styling. I just know what grabs me (visually and mechanically), and what doesn't.

I ordered a new Mustang 12 months & 1 day ago - for the first time in my life (and about the worst time financially) - because my car inspired the "I have to have that one!". And no car has done that for me for decades (not since 1977 to be exact - no not a Mustang).

WARNING: Your opinion may differ. But your's won't change mine!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/7/08 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 08:19 PM
Cobra R Member

IMHO, the S197 Mustangs are the best looking ones since the originals, period. The SN95s, other than the Terminator, never caught my eye.

After 4 years in production, my car still causes a lot of whiplash.
Old 12/7/08, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Whammer

That's an awful looking picture. Not interested in something that looks like that.
Maybe some vinyl pony sickers will help sell this pics for you? lol The car looks awesome in this pic. This is an angle that sells the car in a picture.
Old 12/8/08, 12:35 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Whammer
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....ustang2010.jpg

That's an awful looking picture. Not interested in something that looks like that.

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Maybe some vinyl pony sickers will help sell this pics for you? lol The car looks awesome in this pic. This is an angle that sells the car in a picture.

hahaha... that pic makes the '10 look like a scared robot.

Jus like the 'evil' Camaro cartoon face, and the Challenger's "do my high sides make my rear end look fat?"

Quick Reply: A whole lot of hatin' going on!