2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

A whole lot of hatin' going on!

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/08, 07:42 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
No I Hadn't Caught That

Just went to Autoblog to check the Hi Rez Pic and Yeah It's Official, It's Blue, Not A Chop.

AWESOME, Something Else for the Haters To Hate, like the Red Wheel!

That IS very cool. I'm not sure I'd want the red or blue steering wheel myself...but I like the fact that Ford is really spicing up the interior color options akin to what they did in the '60s.
Old 12/4/08, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
psssh. Look at the signatures of all the people who are hating:

THEY ALL DRIVE '05-09 MODELS.

Then look at the people who generally like it (I'm one of them). They drive SN95's.

I think maybe they are a little jealous!

Still gotta pay off the old one, eh?

NOT ME!!! 2011 here I come!

--- but, no, seriously, the rear end is pretty ugly. I've seen it in person (in LA) and it isn't as bad as the photos. But still... the rest of the car is very good looking. And I will be buying one.

And you can take your S197s and keep 'em. Or rather, pay them off first, and then keep them!

Old 12/4/08, 07:55 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chris8519

Then look at the people who generally like it (I'm one of them). They drive SN95's.

--- but, no, seriously, the rear end is pretty ugly. I've seen it in person (in LA) and it isn't as bad as the photos. But still... the rest of the car is very good looking. And I will be buying one.

And you can take your S197s and keep 'em. Or rather, pay them off first, and then keep them!

Hey, I'm a proud '07 owner and I think the 2010 looks great. It's improved in almost every way; a MAJOR refresh. Only thing holding me back is the powerplant. I'm waiting till 2011/12 for the 5.0L 400HP motor and will probably upgrade to either a loaded GT convertible or a Mach 1 SE, if Ford chooses to build one.
Old 12/4/08, 07:56 PM
GT Member

yea ive noticed that as well, its almost as if they are mad they didnt wait and they are trying to make themselves feel better. ill miss my 98 but i am ready for a new 2010/11 stang
Old 12/4/08, 07:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

Yeah, it's just awful...looks like a Mustang.
good point
Old 12/4/08, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Even Steven
The Bangle-ized BMW 7-series comes quickly to mind, as BMW quickly updated the front & rear of their new 7-series because people hated the look and it negatively affected sales.
Somehow despite the hate, the sales figures indicated it was actually the best selling 7 Series of all time. Read here - http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...-7-Series.aspx

I think the automotive press, and some vocal BMW owners, were hypercritical. In my opinion, the car looked good. It definitely was revised over time, as you mention, in response to people's reactions. In fact, the recent revision just being introduced show a distinct fading of some of the early cues that caused the freak out!
Old 12/4/08, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Somehow despite the hate, the sales figures indicated it was actually the best selling 7 Series of all time. Read here - http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...-7-Series.aspx

I think the automotive press, and some vocal BMW owners, were hypercritical. In my opinion, the car looked good. It definitely was revised over time, as you mention, in response to people's reactions. In fact, the recent revision just being introduced show a distinct fading of some of the early cues that caused the freak out!

No, no, no.... It became the best-selling 7-series of all time BECAUSE sales increased after they restyled the front & rear ends. Initial sales of the car were very poor, prompting BMW to do something that they usually don't do--a face lift after one year (it might have been two, I don't remember for sure) to help boost sales of a car that the majority of BMW owners considered ugly.
Old 12/4/08, 08:17 PM
Banned

:
And then you have the guys like me who rushed out to order an '09 after seeing the '10 after the debut. Mine is currently on order, so nobody can say that I'm hating on the '10 because I drive an '09. I'm buying an '09 because of the fact that I prefer it immensely over the '10.
Old 12/4/08, 08:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
And then you have the guys like me who rushed out to order an '09 after seeing the '10 after the debut. Mine is currently on order, so nobody can say that I'm hating on the '10 because I drive an '09. I'm buying an '09 because of the fact that I prefer it immensely over the '10.
weve got a 06, a 07, and when I saw the '10 went and got a 09 to store away...once my 06 is wore out, there will be a new replacement available, or if the 06 outlasts me, the wife and kids will have a 3 mile 09 to auction off...either way, I think its a safe investment

with the 06, didnt mind the car payment for the first time in my life, felt worth it- starting over on the car payment thing with the '9 aint fun, but today the 09's are probably as cheap as a v8 mustang will ever be, and I much prefer the styling to the 10...if you love the 10 like I love the 05's, I'm happpy for ya, but everyone has different ideas of what 'looks right' or 'looks like a mustang', get the one you like- or get a couple if you really like it enough to be content with it for the rest of your life
Old 12/4/08, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ford4v429
...weve got a 06, a 07, and when I saw the '10 went and got a 09 to store away...once my 06 is wore out, there will be a new replacement available...
Wow, really? That's funny... My '09 will be a weekend/fun car that will not be a daily driver, so I'll keep it 100% mint condition and it will have low mileage as the years pass. Instead of storing your '09, you should consider making it a weekend car. At least that way you'll keep it in decent mechanical condition instead of just letting it sit.
Old 12/4/08, 08:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No, no, no.... It became the best-selling 7-series of all time BECAUSE sales increased after they restyled the front & rear ends. Initial sales of the car were very poor, prompting BMW to do something that they usually don't do--a face lift after one year (it might have been two, I don't remember for sure) to help boost sales of a car that the majority of BMW owners considered ugly.
According to this chart, the sales jumped dramatically when the updated model came in 2002.
Old 12/4/08, 08:42 PM
Banned

According to this chart, the sales jumped dramatically when the updated model came in 2002.

I don't get that chart. What is the 7-series 2003 in the box under the 7-series? And what do the corresponding numbers mean? Doesn't make any sense....
Old 12/4/08, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't get that chart. What is the 7-series 2003 in the box under the 7-series? And what do the corresponding numbers mean? Doesn't make any sense....
The top is a graphical representation of total BMW sales, with each colored section representing a model line. The bottom is a table that has those same numbers.

It lists the number sold by year for the 7 Series as follows -

1997 - 49,700
1998 -
1999 - 43,000
2000 -
2001 -

The first year of the E86 (2002) shows the largest amount of sales as compared to the previous generation.

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 12/4/08 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12/4/08, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry, but there ain't much that beats the look of this:

Last edited by Whammer; 12/5/08 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12/4/08, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Yeah, it's just awful...looks like a Mustang.
Did you see my new car?
Take a look at the picture above this post ^
That's what my new car looks like
Old 12/4/08, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
Did you see my new car?
Take a look at the picture above this post ^
That's what my new car looks like
cant see the pic
Old 12/5/08, 07:39 AM
Banned

The top is a graphical representation of total BMW sales, with each colored section representing a model line. The bottom is a table that has those same numbers.

It lists the number sold by year for the 7 Series as follows -

1997 - 49,700
1998 -
1999 - 43,000
2000 -
2001 -

The first year of the E86 (2002) shows the largest amount of sales as compared to the previous generation.
I'm sure they expected the sales to pick up from the last model year of the older generation, but I don't know their projection. If they restyled it so quickly, then the car must not have been anywhere near their projections. It's a given that a new generation is expected to far outsell the last year of the old generation, but I still don't know what the 2003 box represents in the chart.
Old 12/5/08, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
True, but making changes to the front and rear facias would be quick and easy (along the lines of the changes from GT to California Special on the current car). We won't see any metalwork changes until the all new 2014 car.

Or buy a black car, then a lot of the contentious styling will be "hidden"

Every time I see the image below, I mutter a silent "wow"!

This image does look amazing...
Old 12/5/08, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Clino
I remember when the 99 came out, people couldn't say enough negative things about the changes. I bet some of those same people bought one later. It's the same now. We have become so used to the current design, that anything different automatically looks "wrong" somehow.

The 2010 is waaaaay ahead of the 05-09 aesthetically. The design is so much more balanced, refined, and interesting. Thank god we are rid of the boring plain hood, blocky rear end, and undramatic stance of the current model.

I'm with you Paul, I don't understand all the whining going on in these forums. I think the 2010 is a perfect evolution of everything that is great about the current, while improving on its weak points.
I thought Ford had ruined the Mustang when i saw pics of the '99,i couldn't say enough bad things about it,i HATED it. Then i saw one,then another,and another and well..............I bought a '99 V6 and i now have a '04 GT,and it's probably my favorite design now,so go figure.
Whining just has to be accepted now as the internet norm,remember when ist pics of the Bullitt came out,i have never been in such a hateful forum,same with the '01 Bullitt. I though Blueovalnews.com would explode with anger back in '00. Now look,both models basically some of the most loved editions of the Mustang. It's the same with every new model,i sincerely hope Ford or any car maker doesn't scan forums of any kind for any kind of feedback on new cars. Because it's all negative no matter what,it mostly has no credibilty(why listen to someone who could be possibly 11 years old) and it would be chasing ghosts to try to please everybody's idea of what a Mustang or whatever car should be.
STAY AWAY FROM THE 2010 FORUMS FORD,IT OFFERS NOTHING. The best thing would be for a car company to visit forums of people who ACTUALLY own the car and have productive feedback after experiencing owning the car for a certain amount of time. Getting feedback on a car no one owns or has barely seen is foolish and result in a design by commitee,too many cooks car like the Aztek.
Old 12/5/08, 08:37 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey, I'm a proud '07 owner and I think the 2010 looks great. It's improved in almost every way; a MAJOR refresh. Only thing holding me back is the powerplant. I'm waiting till 2011/12 for the 5.0L 400HP motor and will probably upgrade to either a loaded GT convertible or a Mach 1 SE, if Ford chooses to build one.
To me his post said all the haters were S197 owners, not all S197 owners are haters.

Quick Reply: A whole lot of hatin' going on!