2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

When driving an Auto!

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/10 | 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
What's wrong with Manuel? He's a very nice young man.

And FWIW, we both drive stick. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Lol oh jeez...didn't mean to open that can of worms. Funny you mention that. I have a good friend named Manuel, and we're not too sure about which way he swings. So we don't ask.
Old 6/15/10 | 06:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol oh jeez...didn't mean to open that can of worms. Funny you mention that. I have a good friend named Manuel, and we're not too sure about which way he swings. So we don't ask.
i literally laughed out loud when i read this one because it reminded me of a coworker i had. i was the only one who knew he was gay (i was talking about the hott chics we have at work and he wouldn't agree, then he told me he was gay), in the breakroom i was saying how much i love Pepsi and he agreed saying if he "could drink Pepsi from a *****" he'd "be in heaven." everyone stalled and i told him he should explain himself. funniest thing ever. btw, i stopped drinking pepsi.

back to the OP, yes i agree with you, most of the people who have said the auto's suck seem to forget to turn off the traction control, at least that's what i've been reading here lately.
Old 6/15/10 | 06:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks. I love(d) Pepsi. Lol...
Old 6/15/10 | 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL, the above few posts made me laugh. Who wants to row Manuel's stick?

This whole manual vs. automatic is pointless. But a whole new level of lameness is introduced when an automatic driver tries to throw out 1/4 times as a reason for auto > manual. Whoop de doo, anyone can stomp on the accelerator. Get a set of ***** and row your own. Nothing against automatics, but just think that it's laughable when automatic drivers try to use drag times as, what I feel, justification.

Last edited by ireallycare; 6/15/10 at 06:34 PM.
Old 6/15/10 | 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ireallycare
LOL, the above few posts made me laugh. Who wants to row Manuel's stick?

This whole manual vs. automatic is point. But a whole new level of lameness is introduced when an automatic driver tries to throw out 1/4 times as a reason for auto > manual. Whoop de doo, anyone can stomp on the accelerator. Get a set of ***** and row your own. Nothing against automatics, but just think that it's laughable when automatic drivers try to use drag times as, what I feel, justification.
Lameness is driving a manual trans because you don't have enough confidence and self-esteem in yourself, to admit that an auto trans is an acceptable alternative for a multitude of reasons. Beginning with, not having to justify to everyone else, your transmission choice. See my sig, 'nuf said.

For anyone that does bring up drag times, they might understand that it is all about consistency when money and competitiveness is concerned.
Old 6/15/10 | 07:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Lameness is driving a manual trans because you don't have enough confidence and self-esteem in yourself, to admit that an auto trans is an acceptable alternative for a multitude of reasons. Beginning with, not having to justify to everyone else, your transmission choice. See my sig, 'nuf said.

For anyone that does bring up drag times, they might understand that it is all about consistency when money and competitiveness is concerned.
...or not having the self confidence to learn to shift manually or believe in your abilites to master it, see how easy that can be flipped around?
I still stick with my previous statement this was just said to flip that reason on sir forblueheart)

Last edited by fdjizm; 6/15/10 at 07:03 PM.
Old 6/15/10 | 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
...or not having the self confidence to learn to shift manually or believe in your abilites to master it, see how easy that can be flipped around?
I still stick with my previous statement this was just said to flip that reason on sir forblueheart)
Its ok. I laughed when I read it. But like most anything else I do in my life, I will beat you at your own game. Hmmm, I could probably outdrive you using your car!
Just kidding...but I might.
Well, sleep deprivation is setting in finally and I have to get up in 6 hours, so good night and God bless!
Old 6/15/10 | 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol, see, here's the thing. I DON'T even drive a manual right now, and I still think it's a stupid argument. I have been driving an automatic for the past five years due to knee pains and LA traffic. There are various reasons to drive an automatic, and they are OKAY (include, for no other reason, personal transmission preference, as you mentioned). But DON'T try to use drag strip times as a justification when the person may or may not even go to the track twice a year.
Old 6/15/10 | 08:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

One thing we do get out of all this is that it shows how great are lives are that we can continue to argue about an insignificant thing like this. LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 6/15/10 | 08:53 PM
Cobra R Member

As of right now, I am very glad I have a auto. After my Heart surgery, I have complications with pain and nerve damage in my right arm. I throw it in Drive and just go to Dr. visit to Dr, Visit,,,LOL..
But the stall converter does add some fun factor..( Poor Tires)..HaHa
Old 6/16/10 | 01:57 AM
GT Member

Lol, see, here's the thing. I DON'T even drive a manual right now, and I still think it's a stupid argument. I have been driving an automatic for the past five years due to knee pains and LA traffic. There are various reasons to drive an automatic, and they are OKAY (include, for no other reason, personal transmission preference, as you mentioned). But DON'T try to use drag strip times as a justification when the person may or may not even go to the track twice a year.
Most folks don't buy an automatic because they may be faster. They also don't typically justify their choice of an automatic because they may be faster. With the new 6-speed automatic Mustang GT 5.0, they mention the automatic's performance because it's an added benefit. Who doesn't care about performance and want a quicker Mustang??
Old 6/16/10 | 04:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I go to the strip every week during the summer months. Just to have fun as I don't have a fast car yet. Its still worth it to me, for the consistency and practicality of an auto and my future aspirations. I plan on running my truck later on this year.
Old 6/18/10 | 10:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Though I have a auto with stall, I like the sound of a stick, That sound of leaving a light or crawling thru a parking lot draws alot of attention, and to me attention is what owning a Mustang is all about