2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What would you like to see?!

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/06, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Integrated rocket jets in the exhaust pipes with afterburners. For that extra get up a go feeling. :P
Old 1/23/06, 04:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'de like to see an option on the hood, heat extractors, or preferably a scoop option and i'd of course like more power, but i think they should save the power for the speciel addition mustangs not just reg. GT's

and please ford give me a BOSS sometime! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 1/23/06, 05:09 PM

Quit fartin around and bring back the 69 Mach-1 Nothin made before or after it even comes close!
Old 1/23/06, 05:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wishlist.... know I won't see it.

I wish the supercooler was an option on the car
I know it was to work with the supercharger, but lets say the car has 300hp, but when floored adds the '50 shot of nitrous like charge for 10 seconds'

I'd pay for that

I like a lot of the suggestions, but deep down we know that those would be putting the mustang into a different price category....
...again, something we don't really want to see happen.

Keep them coming...
Old 1/23/06, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@January 23, 2006, 3:23 PM
2Slack...

That is probably too many options...
BUT...

If the 'packs' are supported... like the Drag Pack, Handling Pack, Power Pack, FR4 Super Pack (Supercharger)
Than that would satisfy the need for speed....

Boomer, thats exactly what I'm talking about. Have those bad boys available as factory installed options.
Old 1/23/06, 06:15 PM
I Have No Life

No no... what I meant was...
That'd probably be too many options from the factory...

Maybe lets say a 'Performance Pack' which incorporates ALL of those items into the car.
ie: Like the Chevy Z codes on the Vette

Either way, even if the dealer puts them on after the fact... as long as its warrantied.
Old 1/23/06, 06:43 PM
I talk to cones.

My Second Posting on this

Originally posted by softbatch@January 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
6.2L DOHC (Boss) being built in the Cleveland plant.

Better options on Handling
Like someone said earlier since the platform will have paid itself off by then.

Develope an SLA front Suspension and IRS rear with Coil-over shocks all around: This should provide a very nice ride even with good performance oriented spring rates and shocks.

If the 6.2L V8 scheduled to come out in 08-09 is of comparable weight to the 4.6 then install it: I can deal with a CGI block if this is the case.

I could care less about interior other then bolstering for the front seats.

Although a programable shift light like in the GT500 would be nice.

This is bang for the buck performance folks, keep the flashy stuff for people buying Lincolns.

Cheap plastic interiors are my friend.
Old 1/23/06, 07:24 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by max2000jp@January 23, 2006, 1:14 PM
If used on a Mustang we might get a mile or two per gallon more. Add a 6 speed manual with a nicely overdriven 6th gear and we might be able to see 30 mpg on the highway.
I see that now (well 27 to 30 on the highway depending on how much foot I put in it).

Hmmm....what I want for a future Mustang

A. Make IRS or SRA an option

B. Isn't the 6.2 "Huricane" engine a pushrod design? SRA + pushrods, I'm sold! Although just the same, I'll take a nice 3v VVT 400hp 5.4 in all aluminum. (and just a note here on pushrods, GMs LS7 heads have been benched with a peak flow using a radiused inlet at 380 CFM, pretty impressive for a parallel 2 valve cylinderhead, that by the way is on par with some big block cylinderheads)

C. Hopefully a big chunk of the engineering cost of the car will have been paid for and they can look toward some evolutionary enhancements in the weight department, incemental reductions would be nice ala' the same program Mazda used for the Miata along with material changes in easy to do areas like the roof, fenders, etc.
Old 1/23/06, 07:37 PM
I Have No Life

Thought the 6.2L Huricane engine was canned?
Old 1/23/06, 07:38 PM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by Boomer@January 23, 2006, 8:40 PM
Thought the 6.2L Huricane engine was canned?
Not if this new report is right

Boss Engine??
Old 1/23/06, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
1. Hips, of course. I'll never understand why those were left off the '05.

2. The power we have now is good. The problem is, it's in the wrong place. I'd like to see more low end torque. I hate having to wind up the RPM's like some rice burner to get any power.

3. The back end is too large vertically. Look at the first and third generation Mustang coupes or fastbacks (but not a Fox body hatch or GT) from the rear and compare them to today's Mustang. The rear end of the current Mustang is at least twice as tall causing it to look fat, bulky, and bloated. It needs to go on a diet.

4. Along those same lines, viewing the current Mustang, especially the GT, from the side, it again looks fat, bulky, and bloated. Lower the height of the door so I can rest my elbow out the window. The Mustang has continuously gotten bigger since 1979. It needs to go on a diet.

5. Ergonomics:
- The steering wheel needs to be closer to the driver in relation to the shifter and stereo, while the pedals need to be farther away. With the '05 model you guys finally got the shifter and stereo right. DON'T CHANGE IT!
- The center console is awkard to use, especially while it's open. The lid won't stay open w/o holding it back. Several people have complained about this problem here on TMS.

- My advice: Sit in an 87-89 Fox body (with the plain LX seats) and you''l see not only how the console should operate, but also where the steering wheel and pedals should be. IGNORE THE PLACEMENT OF THE SHIFTER AND STEREO.

6. Yes a 6-spped manual would be greatly appreciated. And since we already now one's coming... thanks.

7. Loss the MyColor. With or without ALL the lights changing color, it's a useless gimmick. (it's just more useless with only the instrument cluster changing colors since most people leave it on green) Don't believe me? Try to sell it as a seperate option instead of clumping it in with other features that people actually want and see how many you sell.

8. Keep the solid rear axle. You guys did such a GREAT job in the '05 an IRS isn't needed. Eventually people will figure this out. (just like they figured out the 5.0 with EFI was a great motor)

9. Something I pray I never see in a Mustang is paddle shifting. :nono:

10. Colors: How about a REAL blue. Not a purple blue. I'd like to see a dark grenn like the '65'/66 Dark Ivy Green. (most people know it as Dark Highland Green because of the Bullitt) Look around. That's a VERY popular color right now.

11. A nice retro touch would be having the ingnition on the dash beside the steering wheel. (again, I'll never understand why this wasn't done in '05)

12. Other smaller points I agree with: Strut tower brace / Monte Carlo bar, interior trunk release, glove box light, hood struts, radio delete, smaller key & key fob.

Other little things like heated seats (it's a Ford, not a Lincoln. Save it for the Cougar), audio ports, XM, NAV, power seats etc. are pointless on a Mustang, IMO. Leave them off and keep the cost down.
Old 1/23/06, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

Gas Hood Struts
Sequential Tail lights (from fender to fender) like 1968 Cougar
Horse-power and gas mileage to meet/or exceed New Camero
20 or 22" wheels
Auto-stick automatic transmission like Porsche, etc.
Mirrors matching body color
Front-end similar to GT500
Retain Windeval Blue as color option
Larger Disc brakes front and rear
Old 1/23/06, 08:02 PM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by r6640am@January 23, 2006, 8:59 PM

20 or 22" wheels

Nice how your wheels would nullify half of the horsepower increase.

Give me 17x10s on all four coners and I'll be happy.
Old 1/23/06, 08:08 PM
V6 Member

Gas Hood Struts
Sequential Tail lights (from fender to fender) like 1968 Cougar
20 or 22" wheels
Auto-stick automatic transmission like Porsche, etc.
Mirrors matching body color
Front-end similar to GT500
Retain Windeval Blue as color option
Larger Disc brakes front and rear
Functional Hood Scoops
Remote trunk & gas filler door
Heated driver and passenger seats
6-way power for both front seats
2-tone seats
Old 1/23/06, 09:34 PM
GT Member

I would like to see shelby taillights on SE model Mustangs, painted folding mirrors(maybe even electric folding mirrors which could be used for the Lincoln version), I would like to see an integrated ducktail like many others have posted above, and something that opens up like these pics on the console that says Mustang in chrome letters.
Old 1/23/06, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by softbatch@January 23, 2006, 8:41 PM
Not if this new report is right

Boss Engine??
The second link is from 2003. I'm not sure it's a valid source anymore.
Old 1/23/06, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Okay, number 1.....we need hips, for all the tire we will need after number 2......

MOD the MOD motor. Same basic design, BUT BIG BORE, 4.0"+, tall deck height for good rod angularity. Get the emissions to work with it. Show these dinos what a 4 valve can do with equal bore dia...

Number 3...VVT and DI, lots of compression, DOD, JUST GET IT OVER WITH, you have to do it anyway....people want power first, after they buy then they start to think about economy........challenge the engineers, make them compete, give the good ones bonuses for innovation, not the hind kissers....this could be your last chance, don't just beat the competion blow the competition away. You are so close already.

Number 4......Listen to us, we love these cars, have loved them for a long time, we know what we want. Give us 70% of the realistic options we ask for, we will be happy, and you will sell cars.

Number 5.......Remember we love to modify these things, give us room for it, engine bay room, and a tough short block. BUILT FORD TOUGH, remember that one.

Okay, I feel better now.
Old 1/23/06, 09:46 PM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by TomServo92@January 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
The second link is from 2003. I'm not sure it's a valid source anymore.
That is a typo look at the other dates within the document
Old 1/23/06, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by softbatch@January 23, 2006, 10:49 PM
That is a typo look at the other dates within the document
You're correct sir! I guess I should have continued reading.
Old 1/23/06, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

5.4L GT, 6 speed, atleast 10 in rims in the back. Who were they trying to kid with those stupid little 235's in the back?