Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What would you like to see?!

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/06, 09:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

With this new section created (Thanks Brad/Scott)
And the announcement of HIPS...

What would you like to see in this car?

REALISTIC...PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

The bottom line, Ford is a business, and they have to be profitable.
So you can't wish for a 2009 mustang with all the bells and whistles for 25k.

They did a great job with the 2005-08 mustang so far (and we are only really....half way through....)
But we have to plan ahead.

We know Ford reads this site,
So please....lets give some good constructive feedback...

MINE so far:

-HIPS.... but you already knew that....

-More HP or engine options.
I like special editions as much as the next guy, but a Mach1 may be too 'showy' for me in a regular daily driver, but I want power...
So is it a possiblity to have engine options in the GT to bring it to the S/E level without the bling. I know..this may not be $$$$ feasible.

-Mentioned before about MYCOLOR and the ablity to change ALL dash lights, not just the 6 main gauges.

-The backend a bit more aggressive. (I hope this works into the hips)
I like the 05s back end, but it is not exactly a show stopper.
I think an integrated ducktail into the panels would add to this look.

-Front end, maybe a bit more of a 69-70 BOSS look. More of a slant.
Keep the big grill fogs for the GT

-6Speed manual, I like the gas mileage, but a 6speed would just add to that. Or at least make it an option.

-IRS? Hrm.. tough call. The 05 handles SUPERB with its 3link Solid, but wiht the others coming out.... do you put one in to compete, or leave it out and save cash... but it'll have to at least handle JUST as well if not better.... SO we're guessing this is in the works...

-2 Tone interior like the GT/CS and GT500. it looks great

-Heated seats..but we see that will be an option soon enough...

-Audio IN on the stereo... so I can plug in an iPOD or MP3 player that is sitting in the armrest

I'm sure i'll think of more
Old 1/23/06, 09:44 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I love the Audio In / AUX Port idea. Thats been a peeve of mine with every car i've owned up untill our 2006 Honda Element. Also having XM built in was a great benefit.
Old 1/23/06, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In no particular order:

Generally, I'd like to see an overall increase in "aggressiveness" in the exterior design, much like the '68 > '69 evolution. That pointed hood would be a good starting, uh... point.

I know it's stretching the feasibility a bit, but I'd like to see the return of a "notchback" coupe in addition to the fastback and convertible body styles. No spoiler on the notchback, integrated ducktail on the fastback.

As stated above, the ICAP should be more of a two-tone GT500-style than the all-red look we have now. And it would be nice if it coordinated with the exterior color whenever possible.

iPod integration would be nice.

GT-R taillights on the Shelby.

MORE HORSEPOWER!!!

A full line of "Grabber" color choices (name aside, Valencia Orange/Yellow is a fine start)

Body-colored mirrors
Old 1/23/06, 10:12 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wishlist which would entice me into trading in

- An IRS, as good as the 3-link is, the car needs to match the competition with this. They can keep the 3-link available for a "drag pack" option on a GT or Mach1.

- 6 Speed manual - An extra overdrive gear would bring the revs down on the highway

- Better interior plastics - just because

- deeper bucket seats with more lateral support.

- Have a car slotted between the GT and SVT model full time. 300Hp is a great low-priced way to get entry level performance junkies. WIth the Camaro and Challenger likely to have cars with around ~400HP, a vehicle with comparable power numbers and price, along with different details from the GT is needed. Either use a name linked to the past or come up with something new.

In terms of styling, I like what I have heard so far, a more modern look is critical, especially with competitors coming and the short shelf life of retro designs. The traditional mustang cues are a must for me, I would like to see the side scallop/scoop be a little more scultped. A lower beltline would be great, but I know that isn't possible with crash regulations.
Old 1/23/06, 10:23 AM
I talk to cones.

6.2L DOHC (Boss) being built in the Cleveland plant.

Better options on Handling
Old 1/23/06, 10:26 AM
Cobra Member

I would like to see somthing like an SVO, a base v6 mustang with a sportier interior,some slight body modifications,a gt like suspension and a turbo on the v6
Old 1/23/06, 10:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

A lot of great ideas above. I'd need the below(or some) to buy a new one. Many Galaxie already covered...

-Upgraded interior plastics. Will look better and decrease rattles.

-6 speed Manual. Closer gear ratios are always nice.

-Optional Heated Seat. Many of us live in colder climates and want our bottoms warm.

-Optional IRS Rear. Could be part of a competition or sport package? Sport package could use parts from GT500 parts bin.

-Optional HIDs. I've seen them on the Focus, why can't we get em?

-Increased engine displacement. 5.4L Aluminum based engine 375-400hp. Ford give us the displacenment to compete with the Hemis and LS2s!!!

I think many of us will pay extra, since the base GT is a great deal. Maybe with a few of the "luxury" items above, Ford could draw customers away from cars like the G35 Coupe.
Old 1/23/06, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Definitely echo everyone else's comments and add that an IRS is a must.

Overall, the next gen car needs to be more muscular in stance, specifically including the rear "hips". I also firmly believe the Mustang must continue to look like a Mustang, round headlights and a continued characteristic Mustang grille of the cuurent car with some refinements. I'd would certainly NOT want to see Ford add fake scoops (both hood and side scoops) to the car, nor would an overly modern front or rear treatment similar to the Camaro concept.

Of course more HP is a given. The next generation Mustang definitely needs to have a Boss S/E model with an emphasis on handling. Additionally, Team Mustang needs to focus on keeping the weight down, target 3,500 - 3,600 for a V8 GT or S/E car. No more 4,000 Mustangs, leave that for the Challenger fans.

Otherwise, give us options and choices so we can personal our cars to suit our tastes, mass customization if you will.
Old 1/23/06, 10:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree.

- Heated seats option (yes, I do drive mine in the winter occasionally)

- HID option.

- Axle ratio options, would be nice, but I'm not sure how that would play with CAFE regulations.
Old 1/23/06, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

- Interior trunk release button or lever

- No more external antenna...internal instead
Old 1/23/06, 10:45 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by max2000jp@January 23, 2006, 12:32 PM
I think many of us will pay extra, since the base GT is a great deal. Maybe with a few of the "luxury" items above, Ford could draw customers away from cars like the G35 Coupe.
There are whispers that Lincoln is going to have a coupe in '09 based off the Mustang platform. If that ends up being true, hopefully we could see some high-tech options trickle down to the stang (HID's, NAV)

Most importantly, it would justify the tooling for an IRS.
Old 1/23/06, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

HID, heated seats (I have them on my Focus), improved color selections for interior, better/nicer rims for the V6, passenger power seat, interior trunk release, heated outside rear view mirrors, IRS option, audio controls on steering wheel (back side), dual exhaust on the V6 (comes on the Fusion V6), strut tower brace as standard equipment on each Mustang, 6 speed trannies - both stick and auto; more colors; better cloth;
better interior light (more dome lights in rear); better brakes; bigger anti-sway bars; rear anti-sway bar on V6; telescoping steering wheel (or put the Lincoln LS steering assembly in the Mustang - but retain the Mustang steering wheel); hood struts (replace that darn prop rod!); more lateral support in seats (like the Dodge Magnum STR8).
Old 1/23/06, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@January 23, 2006, 11:48 AM
There are whispers that Lincoln is going to have a coupe in '09 based off the Mustang platform. If that ends up being true, hopefully we could see some high-tech options trickle down to the stang (HID's, NAV)

Most importantly, it would justify the tooling for an IRS.
Thats's great news for us wanting the above features. Ford can use economies of scale to engineer an IRS for the Lincoln AND SE Mustangs. Lincoln needs a coupe to compete against the G35, 3 Series, etc.
Old 1/23/06, 10:55 AM
Cobra R Member

am i gonna get flamed if i ask for a hybrid mustang in here??

Just as a special edition! For guys like me!
You could shove electric motors inside the hips. Hey! Maybe that's why its getting hips!! Alright! Okay i'm done.
Old 1/23/06, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

If gas goes to $5 a gallon like they say......we ALL will want a Hybrid Mustang.....with HP of course. Many car are now offering the engines that shut down cylinders when you are driving easier right? What are they called?? The Jeep "Commander" has it in their V8!!
Just my $0.02
Old 1/23/06, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd like to see a hood that doesnt require the use of a prop rod. they've been ignoring hood shocks for decades now; it'd be nice for them to update that.

also, there isnt much else in the way of wheels other than the bullits and fans. they're nice, but some more options would help.
Old 1/23/06, 11:08 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I like Joe's idea. I pitched the idea of building a hybrid Mustang for SEMA to one company. It could be the world's first fun hybrid--a Mustang convertible getting 50+ mpg would be awesome, and would align with Bill Ford's long-term goals for FoMoCo.
Old 1/23/06, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

6 speed automatic with paddle shifting, 18x9 front, 19x10 back wheels and all the other good stuff mentioned.
Old 1/23/06, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by slowjoe24@January 23, 2006, 12:03 PM
If gas goes to $5 a gallon like they say......we ALL will want a Hybrid Mustang.....with HP of course. Many car are now offering the engines that shut down cylinders when you are driving easier right? What are they called?? The Jeep "Commander" has it in their V8!!
Just my $0.02
Displacement on Demand is what it's called. The engine runs on four cylinders when cruising. It's supposed to work seemlessly and improves gas mileage 8-10%. If used on a Mustang we might get a mile or two per gallon more. Add a 6 speed manual with a nicely overdriven 6th gear and we might be able to see 30 mpg on the highway.
Old 1/23/06, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Much more aggressive stance, ala bigger tires and rims.

Upgraded interior - again.

Larger engine - someone above mentioned a 6.2L DOHC - sounds GREAT.

Better gear ratios - 4.10's to start.

6 spd.

Functional ram air induction, or shaker type setup from the factory.

Then build an additional 5,000 Supercharged SE's off the same platform, that have a few other trinkets.