Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/15, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Over the weekend I took the Roush for a road trip through the Allegheny Mountains to meet up with my parents who were coming through there. Such a beautiful place and the reservoir there is one the best places to boat.

No thread worthy pics of the Roush though. The roads, while very fun to drive, were too twisty and narrow for me to feel safe standing in the road and taking pics of my car parked in the road. Now the windshield and bumper are home to the graves of about 600 Flys and insects..
Old 6/23/15, 08:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the process of installing my new MGW Race Spec shifter. A couple hours ago I took out the factory shifter and brackets. I'll install the new shifter probably Thursday, or whenever there's plenty of light still outside. No night time work outside here, the mosquitos will tear me up.
Old 6/24/15, 10:32 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Update: day 1 at the dealer and no resolution. They said they are "talking to ford" about the problem, whatever that means. At least they did the oil change.
Nick... sorry to hear about this setback. Keep us posted on diagnosis.
Old 6/24/15, 03:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nick... sorry to hear about this setback. Keep us posted on diagnosis.
So after the second day of leaving it at the dealer they finally have a diagnosis. The told me that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. BUT when I went to pickup the car earlier (they said the oil pressure was fine) and turned it on the light of off and the center screen said the oil pressure was normal. So now I need to call them tomorrow (since the service guy left before i got there ) to ask if the new instrument cluster is necessary if the lights off.
Old 6/24/15, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I went and looked at mine in the body shop
Old 6/24/15, 04:43 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
So after the second day of leaving it at the dealer they finally have a diagnosis. The told me that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. BUT when I went to pickup the car earlier (they said the oil pressure was fine) and turned it on the light of off and the center screen said the oil pressure was normal. So now I need to call them tomorrow (since the service guy left before i got there ) to ask if the new instrument cluster is necessary if the lights off.
If I were you Nick,.......tell them, it's fine and you'll take the car home. If it acts up, you'll bring it back. They'll replace the instrument cluster and mess something else up. Just my opinion. I may be wrong, but I don't trust those "techs". Not to say that all are unqualified, but it seems more often than naught.
Good luck bro!
Old 6/24/15, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
If I were you Nick,.......tell them, it's fine and you'll take the car home. If it acts up, you'll bring it back. They'll replace the instrument cluster and mess something else up. Just my opinion. I may be wrong, but I don't trust those "techs". Not to say that all are unqualified, but it seems more often than naught.
Good luck bro!
I agree, I did take the car home. I need to call them tomorrow anyway because the didn't give me a receipt for the work done. And I'll tell them the new clusters not needed.
Old 6/24/15, 05:14 PM
I Have No Life

^ so wait, it was an alleged anomaly? Hmmm. So no action was taken? I agree you have no choice but to take it back for now and wait till it acts up. But Murphy's Law will always have you unable to replicate the issue at the dealer. Go figure. Hopefully it stays "fixed". Keep us posted.
Old 6/24/15, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ so wait, it was an alleged anomaly? Hmmm. So no action was taken? I agree you have no choice but to take it back for now and wait till it acts up. But Murphy's Law will always have you unable to replicate the issue at the dealer. Go figure. Hopefully it stays "fixed". Keep us posted.
That had to have fixed something, that's why I want to look at the receipt, that should tell me what they did. I should know more after I talk to the service rep tomorrow morning. Like I said before the guy wasn't there when I went to pick up the car. I was very angry on the phone with him so he probably didn't want to see me.

Last edited by mustangfan410; 6/24/15 at 05:32 PM.
Old 6/24/15, 05:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
I agree, I did take the car home. I need to call them tomorrow anyway because the didn't give me a receipt for the work done. And I'll tell them the new clusters not needed.
Awesome.
Good luck!
Old 6/25/15, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
That had to have fixed something, that's why I want to look at the receipt, that should tell me what they did. I should know more after I talk to the service rep tomorrow morning. Like I said before the guy wasn't there when I went to pick up the car. I was very angry on the phone with him so he probably didn't want to see me.
Service Writers usually work staggered work schedules.
They all start at opening time but only 1 or 2 stay till closing, and they alternate which ones they are (depending on the department size, maybe more at bigger ones).

That being said, being "angry on the phone with him" probably didn't help anything.
If anything, it probably just made it so they don't really care to help you.

I was a Writer for 10 years.

My best and happiest customers were my nice customers.
Old 6/25/15, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I drove it to work today.
Old 6/25/15, 07:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
They all start at opening time but only 1 or 2 stay till closing, and they alternate which ones they are (depending on the department size, maybe more at bigger ones).

That being said, being "angry on the phone with him" probably didn't help anything.

I get it, this was probably the fisrt time I really got "upset" to a service rep. It was more frustration for not getting any answers for almost 2 days, just we're talking to ford. Anyway just got off the phone with him (I was nicer this time ) he told me they did fix the problem and they don't need to replace the instrument cluster. He told me that they found a wire that was chewed through by a squirrel or a chipmunk and once the patched that everything was fine.
Old 6/25/15, 09:52 AM
I Have No Life

Gabe... I hear ya too, but at the end of the day, customers are customers. If they're not happy with service you or your dealership provided, you the service writer are a representative of that dealership. Everyone is accountable. If the minimum wage highschool kid hired to wash cars f'd something up, I'd be livid too, and I'd let management or service or whoever know what is up. I'd do it respectfully of course, but still I'd be unhappy. That's the nature of customer service. You cater to the customers. I know, because that's what I do for my customers for the government and military. It don't matter if it's my fault or not, they're still THE customer, and they're mostly right. Especially the customers who pay us 10.9 million bucks for our service.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/25/15 at 09:56 AM.
Old 6/25/15, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Explain that to all of the ****ty service writers who tried to upsell us on blinker fluid over the years.
Old 6/25/15, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
I get it, this was probably the fisrt time I really got "upset" to a service rep. It was more frustration for not getting any answers for almost 2 days, just we're talking to ford. Anyway just got off the phone with him (I was nicer this time ) he told me they did fix the problem and they don't need to replace the instrument cluster. He told me that they found a wire that was chewed through by a squirrel or a chipmunk and once the patched that everything was fine.
You should count yourself lucky that they covered that under warranty.
"Squirrel or chipmunk" damage is a cash repair usually.
Warranty repairs are for manufacturer defects.
So unless that squirrel or chipmunk had a Ford oval on it somewhere, that repair should've been cash.
Glad for you they covered it though. I'm sure the tech story on the repair order will leave out "found a wire chewed through by a squirrel or chipmunk" and probably say "found broken write" so Ford will pay the claim they'll put through.

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
Explain that to all of the ****ty service writers who tried to upsell us on blinker fluid over the years.
Yes, there is that going on, and I was told/forced to do upsells at the write-up desk.
I hated it.
I wanted to write the customer up for what they came in for and let them go on their way.
If we had any recommended service additions, I wanted to call them with that when I'd call them to tell them what we found wrong with their car, and hit them with a total.

Whatever, i've been out of it for almost 3 years, and much happier not doing that anymore
Old 6/25/15, 08:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Today I was off from work, so I washed the Mustang and detailed the interior. Then I washed the wife's Miata, then my Corvair (it's in a parade this coming Sunday), and finally my wife's Saturn. Also trimmed all the hedges and mowed the lawn and did routine pool maintenance too.

After a well deserved shower, I took the Mustang for a drive. Tomorrow it get the rear window tinted since I lost the tinted window when they replaced the top last week.

Last edited by SpectreH; 6/25/15 at 08:46 PM.
Old 6/25/15, 08:48 PM
Cobra Member

You should count yourself lucky that they covered that under warranty.
"Squirrel or chipmunk" damage is a cash repair usually.
Warranty repairs are for manufacturer defects.
So unless that squirrel or chipmunk had a Ford oval on it somewhere, that repair should've been cash.
Glad for you they covered it though. I'm sure the tech story on the repair order will leave out "found a wire chewed through by a squirrel or chipmunk" and probably say "found broken write" so Ford will pay the claim they'll put through.Yes, there is that going on, and I was told/forced to do upsells at the write-up desk.
I hated it.
I wanted to write the customer up for what they came in for and let them go on their way.
If we had any recommended service additions, I wanted to call them with that when I'd call them to tell them what we found wrong with their car, and hit them with a total.

Whatever, i've been out of it for almost 3 years, and much happier not doing that anymore
Gabe, you're right, when I took a look at the official write up this afternoon it says found broken wire. But it did take them almost 2 days to find a broken wire that was sitting right next to the oil plug, that they were we're just using to change the oil. Maybe they felt bad for keep the car that long. At the end of the day it was a simple fix and not a more serious problem.
Old 6/25/15, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Made an appointment for it with the body shop.
Old 6/26/15, 12:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I hung up on a customer today. He would ask me a question then proceed to talk over me when I would answer his questions (he claims he's been fraudulently billed for almost 20 years - guarantee you he hasn't been). Twice I warned him if he continued to talk over me, I would disconnect the call. He egged me on by saying "go ahead." On my third request to explain to him why he's billed sometimes, and sometimes he's not, I hung up on him lmao. I doubt he's a member on this forum, but if he happens to so be, GOOD. D*ckhead, the customer is not always right. CSR's don't get paid enough to get b*tched out by crazy customers. I immediately told my manager and told him he was being extremely rude and not "helping me help him." Manager said "okay, no worries."

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?