Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/16, 09:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lots of Mods for my GT / Boss Clone

Hi all!

FINALLY got all my initial modifications done - a week plus delay in getting the required wheel spacers was the culprit! Anyway, they are now done and the difference is AMAZING? Got improvements on power, ride quality and handling, as well as braking. So, before starting (car as purchased) only the following mods had taken place.

Borla Catback exhaust
BOSS stripes
20" rims / tires
Recardo seats

New mods include;

Complete Eibach Pro-Plus suspension system
Baer brake package (6 piston calipers/ rotors in front and just rotors and caliper covers in rear)
CobraJet intake & CAI plus custom tune
BOSS strut tower brace
Ford Racing short throw shifter
Alcantara boot and steering wheel package
True fiber rear deck lid and licence plate panels plus mud guards & mirror covers
WINCOS window tint all around
Powered by Ford Performance fender badges

Can't say there's anything I did that was a disappointment and even though all of this was not exactly inexpensive - I feel it was all very much worth it! It drives like a new car and the few things (suspension and braking) that inially annoyed me are things of the past!

SO happy I spent the extra $ of getting the Baer brake package - those beautiful red calipers and drilled / slotted rotors look AWESOME with my 20" chrome wheels. Hope you agree. I put the drilled slotted rotors on the back as well and just kept the same calipers - just added new pads and caliper covers. As I said, only issue I had was needing to add spacers so my wheels would clear the calipers.

The Eibach suspension is everything I was hoping for - completely different car on the turns now. Also very happy with the added power I'm getting with the Cobra Jet intake - it sure looks great under the hood too! Most of the new power is in the mid to higher gears and RPMS - just where I wanted it! The Ford Racing shifter is another mod that was very much worth it - completely different (in a good way) shifting - and looks great with the alcantara boot and white ****!

But, I'm not done yet. Still waiting for:

True Fiber engine bay appearance package
True Fiber radio bezel and steering wheel inserts
Parrot Asteriod multi-media system with new amps, speakers and subwoofer
T-Rex polished stainless upper and lower grilles (with Cobra Jet emblem)
Street scenes front spoiler

Those will be installed in the next week or two and then to top it all off the exterior and engine bay will be getting the Opticoat Pro Plus (ceramic) treatment!

Anyway, enjoy the photos (first one is the BEFORE) and let me know if you have any questions, comment, etc.

Also, got quite a few parts that I'll be selling - all in good shape (~30K miles) including GT intake and cover, front calipers, front and rear rotors, air intake box, rear deck lid & licence plate panel - so if you're interested let me know. I will start another thread with pictures, etc in a week or so.

Happy motoring!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-20160305_105815-1-.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-img_2576.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-img_2577.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-img_2580.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-img_2581.jpg  

Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-passenger-front-2.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-passenger-side-close.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-drivers-front.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-front-brakes.jpg   Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-engine-2.jpg  

Turning my GT / Boss Clone into a Mutant!-engine-1.jpg  

Last edited by mykmid@gmail.com; 10/29/16 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Update after Mods
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (10/9/16)
Old 10/9/16, 04:19 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mykmid@gmail.com
Hi all!

Just getting ready to start some mods to my 2013 GT/Boss clone that will turn it into more of a mutant! Modifications so far include:

Borla Catback exhaust
BOSS stripes
20" rims / tires
Recardo seats

New mods to include;

Complete Eibach Pro-Plus suspension system
Baer brake package (9 piston calipers/ rotors in front and just rotors in rear)
CobraJet intake & CAI plus custom tune
CobraJet front grill emblem
BOSS strut tower brace
Ford Racing short throw shifter
Alcantara boot and steering wheel package
True fiber rear deck lid and licence plate panels

Still waiting for a few more parts before the modifications take place, but should be in the coming weeks. I'll post pictures and provide my impressions of the mods as soon as I can. I'm hoping I'm going to be as happy about the mods as I think I'll be - should be quite the dramatic difference!

Has anyone else done some of these mods and anything I should be aware of - good or bad?

See pictures of parts so far - still awaiting suspension and CAI.

Happy motoring!

Mike
Looks nice!!! How are the brakes and rotors?? I'm looking to upgrade mine
Old 10/9/16, 06:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Renee29581,

The rotors and calipers look awesome and are huge! By the way - had a typo they are 6 piston and about twice the size as the standard ones that will be replaced. Definitely expect they will be a total transformation over stock.

I was going to get the full Brembo package (front and rear) but wanted vented / slotted rotors - so went with Baer instead. I think that provides the best look and value for
me? Sticking with the rear calipers and just replacing the rotors, pads and adding the caliper covers seemed like the best option for looks and performance.

I will report on how they work as soon as I get them installed - but
I'm sure the difference will be HUGE! If they work half as good as they look it will be impressive. Assuming I will need them once the CobraJet intake and CAI is installed as well!

So stay tuned for my review in a week or so.

Mike