Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tune problem - Help !! my V6 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/12, 01:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by conv_stang

That tuner won't work with the 2011+ cars. YOu will have to get a new tuner. They changed for the 2011+
Ahh, thanks didn't know that.
Now what do I do with this? I Anyone looking for a SCT3 with a Lund tune for a 2004 4v Mach1 that just over a year old. Lmao
Old 7/30/12, 04:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
FU SCT!!! Our cars are totally dependent upon this computer crap and now SCT looks to be trying to compete with Bill Gates defective junk!

I'll never buy SCT as long as they are this problematic and knowlingly don't provide 24/7 access to fix file. Screw them!
X2!!! I'm going to go with a tuner in about 10K (warranty runs out...won't be an SCT if they still have customers going through this!
Old 7/30/12, 06:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, there are probably 10x as many SCT tuners vs diablo tuners in customers hands. I think it makes sense that sct would seem to have many more issues. If 100 people have sct and 10 have issues, it's the same as 10 people having diablo, with only 1 having an issue. Also the new ITSX will have more bugs being a new product/ technology in the tuning industry.
Old 7/30/12, 06:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Tapakegovagnaps
IMO, there are probably 10x as many SCT tuners vs diablo tuners in customers hands. I think it makes sense that sct would seem to have many more issues. If 100 people have sct and 10 have issues, it's the same as 10 people having diablo, with only 1 having an issue. Also the new ITSX will have more bugs being a new product/ technology in the tuning industry.
That's fine, but then have customer service, not school teacher hrs . Even Pep Boys and Auto zone are open on weekends.
Old 7/30/12, 06:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord

That's fine, but then have customer service, not school teacher hrs . Even Pep Boys and Auto zone are open on weekends.
I completely agree
Old 7/31/12, 03:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.steeda.net/newsletter/07-30-12-sct-notice/
Old 7/31/12, 05:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
....and the dealer is closed on weekends when your stock car fails.....same difference with work schedules and many businesses.
Mine is not...they are open weekends.
Old 7/31/12, 08:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
That is the firmware that I SCT just loaded onto my tuner the other day when it crashed/froze and SCT formatted and reloaded it for me. So far it's working fine, but I won't dare change tunes while away from home just in case it fails again.
Old 7/31/12, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
That is the firmware that I SCT just loaded onto my tuner the other day when it crashed/froze and SCT formatted and reloaded it for me. So far it's working fine, but I won't dare change tunes while away from home just in case it fails again.
I have this issue posted on two threads on the Mustang Source and also on AFM. Here is the latest update on the iTSX issue I had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually a fellow member on these boards put me in touch with Mike Rogers at SCT over the weekend. He was actually in China and was helping me remotely. On Saturday night he replied to my email saying he would do what he could. I sent him tons of info and files from the tuner. We tried a few different method to recover the car back to running condition. Recovery files, unplugging the battery, using my laptop to keep the power going to the tuner... Nothing worked and the car is still sitting in front of my house. By Sunday morning at about 11:30am I just gave up trying to get it to start and took my kid to the movies.

I told Mike I was truly appreciative that he did all he could for me. I felt better that someone at SCT really did all he could even if he was on the other side of the planet. Mikes last email stated something that I think most would want to know. See his email in quotes below.

"Yes I have exhausted what I can do remotely (and from 5000 miles away.) The 2011+ mustang processors behave differently from any other we have encountered. Sometimes they get stuck in a weird state that cannot be recovered through recovery files.

Unfortunately you will need to contact tech support again and will need to send the pcm AND the iTSX in to be recovered."

Later on Sunday afternoon I started looking for an alternative to pulling out the PCM from the car. Frankly since the accident my back has been killing me and I don't have anyone who I could ask to help get it out anyway. At this point I have nothing to count on to recover the computer however the car is getting towed today to the shop and they are aware of the issue of the car just not being able to start. They said they deal with issues like this all the time when cars are in major accidents and they may be able to straighten this out. If not they told me they would pull the computer out of the car for me. Well see how this plays out and i will report back when I have more info. for now I have to get back to work
Old 8/3/12, 08:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Today I went to update my XP3000 (SCTX3) Firmware.

It failed in the process and said ( SYSTEMFILE ERROR )

I coulndt get it to do anything else and the auto update said file system lost ,no info on Devise..

I waited to 9 am today and called SCT, They connected directly to my Pc and and the Tech took about 25 minutes and fixed the devise, says its not anything I did while updateing,
Anyways everything back to normal, PS Tech loved my Homebuilt PC and Fiber optic connection, says its been the quickest hes been on HaHa
Old 8/3/12, 10:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Twss? Lol
Old 8/3/12, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

Me thinks I'm going to avoid a tuner from SCT....at least until this problem is resolved, and they go on sale for hundreds less then the others that are out there.