2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Tire Rotation ?

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/13, 11:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I say don't rotate them at all. You will end up replacing all 4 tires at once as opposed to just replacing the two that wore out first. If the fronts wear out first replace them if the rears wear out first just replace them. Its less out of your pocket all at one time.
Old 8/26/13, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I say don't rotate them at all. You will end up replacing all 4 tires at once as opposed to just replacing the two that wore out first. If the fronts wear out first replace them if the rears wear out first just replace them. Its less out of your pocket all at one time.
One way of looking at it. I like. Just saving some cash. Lmao
Old 8/26/13, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I'd strongly disagree unless you simply wish to buy tires every 20K or less.

I get almost 50K on a set; I do a lot of highway driving, and driving in general. I would not want to afford putting a set of tires on a car when rotating them will net you much more miles on the set.

But that's me. I don't have money flowing from my back end.
Old 8/26/13, 01:30 PM
Post *****

I've rotated tires every 5k front to rear (RWD) for years. I check tire pressure approx once per month and always before and after long trips or 2 lane twisty play days. On my F150 I have gotten 50k out of several sets. I don't think #901's BFG.KDWS are going to make 50k though.

However, Front Wheel Drive's are rotated according to the cross pattern.
Old 8/26/13, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko

I get almost 50K on a set; I do a lot of highway driving, and driving in general. I would not want to afford putting a set of tires on a car when rotating them will net you much more miles on the set.

I have money flowing from my back end. Bucko, I'll Sh iet you some. What else are mustang bro's for.
Old 8/26/13, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You guys crack me up! Butt money...

I was using Glenn's method on my G35 (RIP). But it was staggered and running directional tires.

I'm adverse to changing a tire's direction of travel so I don't switch sides when rotating them. I've seen to many radials come apart...back in the day! But kylerohde's link to Tire Rack is valid and I would take Bucko's advise and read the manual.

Oh, and learn to use jack stands and stay out from under the car while on a jack!

Now if I could get Kona to poop me a few c-notes for some new shocks!
Old 8/26/13, 06:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
You guys crack me up! Butt money...

I was using Glenn's method on my G35 (RIP). But it was staggered and running directional tires.

I'm adverse to changing a tire's direction of travel so I don't switch sides when rotating them. I've seen to many radials come apart...back in the day! But kylerohde's link to Tire Rack is valid and I would take Bucko's advise and read the manual.

Oh, and learn to use jack stands and stay out from under the car while on a jack!

Now if I could get Kona to poop me a few c-notes for some new shocks!
I'll be more than happy to deuce you some serious Benjamin Franklin's. Ba ha ha ha ha.
Old 8/26/13, 11:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are funny.

I checked in my glove box and found the last service ticket. Apparently, they gave me the deluxe treatment, i.e., oil change, tire rotation, and multipoint system check, whatever the hell that is. So, I'm guessing they rotated them at the first oil change, too. I think I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the comments and the great info. And it seems that I may not need the LCA service after all. I haven't heard a creak or a pop since my last oil change, which was about 2,000 miles ago. Maybe it healed itself. ?
Old 8/27/13, 06:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko

fronts lasted over 40k with a proper alignment and the rears well less than that