Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thoughts on headers, heads, and/or cams for Marilyn?

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/15, 03:28 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Got this in an email today:

bahhhh! I missed out on this. I think funding wise, this header activity might pan out to be more of a christmas or spring activity. I'll see if I can convince the wifey otherwise. You know how it goes.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The shop I use modifies 5.8's, 5.4's, 5.0's, 4.6's. They said they'd had people return the kooks because of fitment issues. The ARH (according to them, and I trust them after the years of working with them) solved the issue. So...not sure I answered your question, but there's that for what it's worth.
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If I had to guess, it's probably been resolved by now in some manner. Too many Mustang owners that want to power up their cars not to.
You know what, after reading what you and your shop said, this is exactly what my shop said too. They said they have no issue going with the Kooks if that's what I want, but they recommended the ARH's. From the installs they've done, they have seen much better fitment (and quality) from the ARH's. Weird huh? Maybe I need to looking to ARH more.... hmmmm I need to talk to JDM to ask them about updating the tune to remove the CEL/O2 errors.
Old 9/30/15, 05:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
bahhhh! I missed out on this. I think funding wise, this header activity might pan out to be more of a christmas or spring activity. I'll see if I can convince the wifey otherwise. You know how it goes.
Don't worry if you're interested in this vendor and the free coating offer they run this "special" all the time (have been for a couple of years) just call them.

I had no fitment issues with the Kooks but if my shop had there way I would have went ARH. I've heard nothing but good about the ARH brand. My issue was price. I got the Kooks on sale for around $400 less than I could find ANYONE selling the ARH was offering. So ARH = good headers / Kooks = good headers less $400.