Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Things you're not crazy about on YOUR 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/10, 09:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only thing that I don't like about my stang is that I don't have the HID's. The fact that Ford forces you to get the security pkg if you want the factory HID's is a bit confusing. I wasn't about to pay $1000 for headlights. I wish I had em though.

Oh yeah a 5.0 woulda been nice too.
Old 1/9/10, 11:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Only thing that I don't like about my stang is that I don't have the HID's. The fact that Ford forces you to get the security pkg if you want the factory HID's is a bit confusing. I wasn't about to pay $1000 for headlights. I wish I had em though.

Oh yeah a 5.0 woulda been nice too.
Install the retrosolutions kit like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbSXhT5V1I. Less than $200.
Old 1/10/10, 03:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I used Mcguaire's Plastix on the clear lens of the gauge cluster on my 1984 Tbird that I am restoring. It worked a freakin' miracle on something I believed was going to be written off due to the severity of the lens being cloudy and severely spotted from some unknown chemical. What a save! It turned out good as new for me. I would use the Plastix then cover it with a clear protectant sheet.
Thanks for the response! I'l repost with results when I decide what to do about it.

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 1/10/10 at 03:06 AM.
Old 1/10/10, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Install the retrosolutions kit like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbSXhT5V1I. Less than $200.
I don't want to start messing with aftermarket headlights, I've seen too many on the roads that just leave me thinking "why bother". Just seems like they never work just right, I'm sure some do but I'm not looking to open up that can of worms. Besides one of my favorite features of the HID's is the different look of the headlight cluster itself.

There is one other thing that I really do dislike about my stang. When you turn the halos on around the gauges the bottom halves of them reflect onto the widshield right into the line of sight of the driver. I tried getting used to em for a few days but couldn't stand em so I've just left em off since the car was a few days old. They look kinda cool too, its a shame I just leave em turned off.
Old 1/10/10, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't want to start messing with aftermarket headlights, I've seen too many on the roads that just leave me thinking "why bother". Just seems like they never work just right, I'm sure some do but I'm not looking to open up that can of worms. Besides one of my favorite features of the HID's is the different look of the headlight cluster itself.
Personally I don't like the OEM HID headlight "cluster". It makes the car look cross eyed. I've seen the retrosolution HID kits in person and the light output is excellent. 5000k gives a nice pure white. Just yesterday I saw a new Charger with bright blue headlights and fog lights - it looked ridiculous. Why anyone would go above 6000k is beyond me.
Old 1/21/10, 03:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

The cupholders are useless for anything much taller than a shot glass if you have a manual shift. My elbow slams into average-sized beverages when shifting--and don't even think about a Big Gulp. Good for storing sunglasses, however.
Old 1/21/10, 07:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

There is one other thing that I really do dislike about my stang. When you turn the halos on around the gauges the bottom halves of them reflect onto the widshield right into the line of sight of the driver. I tried getting used to em for a few days but couldn't stand em so I've just left em off since the car was a few days old. They look kinda cool too, its a shame I just leave em turned off.
Hey man. I'm looking at possibly picking up a 2010. There are a few in my area that have all the options I want, and I originally wanted the HIDs because I'm a light junky, but I hate the way they look. If I do end up getting one of these cars, I'll trade you my lights for yours plus $400.... What do you think?
Old 1/21/10, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hey man. I'm looking at possibly picking up a 2010. There are a few in my area that have all the options I want, and I originally wanted the HIDs because I'm a light junky, but I hate the way they look. If I do end up getting one of these cars, I'll trade you my lights for yours plus $400.... What do you think?
Sounds like a deal to me. Where are you located at? Not sure how we could make a deal like this happen. I'm in metro Detroit.
Old 1/22/10, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I'm in Northern California. I have another carti drive though, and would be willing to ship first. I haven'tade my mind up yet though. Not sure if I'm going to order an '11 or pick up a leftover '10. I'll let you know...
Old 1/23/10, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now that the 2011 prices are out...my local Ford dealer where I bought mine from is selling bunches
of 2010 Mustangs. I stopped by to order the GT500 rear diffuser and they had (5) ready for pick-up today.