2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

That's the sound of the police!

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/11, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is possible, but very difficult, to create enough support to where some towns change very annoying speed limits. Why do we not have tollways here in AZ? Probably because so many people hate them here and really do not want them. There are always some annoying things they do here, but I do not think the people of AZ would stand to be constantly treated like that in any major city. While I did not mind speeding cameras, enough people hated them that they became inneffective and cost prohibitive here. How many of you have been to a town meeting or written elected officials lately? Believe it or not, things really can change. Either way, I would not move to back to where tollways and really low speed limits and overzealous cops make driving a very negative experience.
Old 7/2/11, 09:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by karman
Be careful.
Appeals can be easily rejected. You need proper grounds for an appeal.
The best way to approach things on your own is to contact the prosecuting attorney before the court date to see what his feelings are about the case.
Some will propose alternatives to help resolve things without a big fight.
Better to know up front what is going on than to throw yourself at the mercy of the court.
Yeah, I plan to talk with an attorney before going to court. My thing is I have a clean record prior to this, which I have the document to prove it. I also have spent the money to have my speedometer checked as well as today I took the Defensive Driving course. I understand the law is the law, but to me and I believe to a judge as well. One time being caught shouldn't be cause enough to ruin my record and cause me a lot of hard-ache.
Old 8/7/11, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Well, my ticket got reduced to speeding and I had to pay a fine of $187 including court cost. I was pretty happy, until last night. I went with a friend of mine to go watch the UFC fight. He lives in another town and I know the cops are pretty bad out there, so I follow the speed limit pretty close. As I leave the place I continue this, but then I get to a bridge which then returns back to my town, so I punched it a little. I figured there would be no cops, but I was wrong. I got caught again and ticketed for speeding (64 in a 45). This is not a reckless driving ticket which is good, but jeez after 8 years of having no tickets I can't believe I've been cited twice in a month and a half.

Needless to say, I'm pissed at myself and really questioning if I am even going to keep my car anymore. I know it sounds stupid, but being in the Army for 15 years I have a lot to lose if I receive another ticket. I understand I drive the car, not the other way around, but I am up in arms as to what to do. The thing is, I am not one of those people that drives like a raving lunatic on the road. I keep up with the flow of traffic and try to keep my speeding down to a minimum. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome of this ticket.
Old 8/7/11, 03:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you have been in the military for 15 years, you should have better self control than you are showing. When I was in, the ticket went straight to my commander.....after that, the civilian side was a dream. Use what they have taught you and keep the car, keep your career, and keep your head on straight.

Thanks for the service also.
Old 8/7/11, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AzPete, off topic but you sig caught my eye "I woke up this morning with nothing to do and by the evening, I have most of it completed. Retirement is sweet." After 30 years of service (Navy, civilian with HHS) I'm getting oh so close. Waking up with "nothing to do" sounds like freaking heaven. Amen brother.
Old 8/7/11, 04:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
If you have been in the military for 15 years, you should have better self control than you are showing. When I was in, the ticket went straight to my commander.....after that, the civilian side was a dream. Use what they have taught you and keep the car, keep your career, and keep your head on straight.

Thanks for the service also.
You can be in the military and he a paper pusher or a cook...no self control needed there! haha
Old 8/7/11, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As per military. I have lived in military towns and I gotta tell you when a bunch of young Marines and or Army Soldiers come into a town, self control is not the most practiced aspect of their personalities. Fights, women, booze even elite units have their time to cut loose.

Sounds like the thread starter has driven with discipline most of his life. He had a few moments where he cut loose. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he made sure he wasn't endangering anyone else. Giving him the blues for me would be highly hypocritical. Most of us get on it once in a while when it appears safe. I would drive a Prius otherwise.

Sorry about your luck, keep things under control.
Old 8/7/11, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Agreed...and I thought Californi was bad, sheesh
When you think about it,its almost the same for us. Anything over 20mph greater than the speed limit constitues reckless driving. Oh, I live in s.Cali as well.

Dave
Old 8/7/11, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eric n
As per military. I have lived in military towns and I gotta tell you when a bunch of young Marines and or Army Soldiers come into a town, self control is not the most practiced aspect of their personalities. Fights, women, booze even elite units have their time to cut loose.

Sounds like the thread starter has driven with discipline most of his life. He had a few moments where he cut loose. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he made sure he wasn't endangering anyone else. Giving him the blues for me would be highly hypocritical. Most of us get on it once in a while when it appears safe. I would drive a Prius otherwise.

Old 8/7/11, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eric n

Hey Eric, as a former 25th ID soldier myself just wanted to say how right you are. Then again what do you expect from a bunch of 19 and 20 yr. olds that are allowed to cut loose. I remember when the 82nd Airborne was called the "Jumpin Junkies".

Also, 80 in a high performance vehicle doesnt even feel like you are moving.

Last edited by Dave07997S; 8/7/11 at 05:57 PM.
Old 8/7/11, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
FYI.....my reference was to a career man who should present a good image all the time. None of us are perfect....but he brought upm the problems it can create as a military man with 15 years of service.

I partied when I was younger, cleaned up my act as the career went, and now being retired, I can again play as dangerous as I want to.

And, jwgroovin,....retirement is sweet. I actually just walked away from work at 57....just tired of the grind.
Old 8/7/11, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Well, I definitely feel like a j****ss getting a ticket even once, but twice is down right embarrassing. I'm in no jeopardy of losing my rank or anything such as that, I just don't want to be labeled as a turd for getting two tickets. When I notified my Commander of my last ticket, he just kind of laughed and asked where I went to Defensive Driving school at; it seems he'd also just gotten a ticket. There's zero excuse for me speeding that fast, but IMHO anyone who says they always follow the speed limit, is telling a lie to me. Anyway thanks for the support and I pray no one here ever finds themselves in the same situation.
Old 8/7/11, 07:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad the last one was reduced for you. When I had my 1 wreckless ticket for driving to endanger I was the designated driver and on a highway with a 50 mph limit. One week later I was pulled over for rolling through a stop sign. Previously had a clean record too. That ticket I sent in not guilty and it was squashed. I hope you get that for your new one and gl.

Last edited by 2005GTDELUXE; 8/7/11 at 07:24 PM.
Old 8/8/11, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting a ticket is largely a matter of luck. I'm sure quite a few people have gone for years without a ticket and then get a couple within a few months. You might even be on a road where everyone is driving 10 mph over the limit, but you get picked out because you're driving a car that looks like it was born to raise hell, while the guy driving a rusting hulk of a pickup and the woman driving a minivan full of kids get a pass.