Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tested Ford Module Programming Application

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/14, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tested Ford Module Programming Application

Hey guys,

I still enjoy getting more knowledge about diagnostics & programming possibilities for the Mustang.

Yesterday I had some time left so I've tried the official Ford Module Programming application. I needed it anyway because my sync needs an update (TSB). To make a long story short, it wasn't impressive, read more after some general information:

What is it?
Its a software you can officially download after sign up. Its based on IDS but the only functionality is to update modules to the newest software version or program them.

Where do I get it?

Motorcraftservice.com

What does it cost?
The be able to use it u need to have a valid subscription. I purchased 3 days for 32 $.

What hardware do I need to program?

You need a SAE J2534 compatible device, examples are:
**J2534 Pass-thru Device Name Manufacturer *CarDAQ+ Drew Technologies, Inc. *Mongoose PWM + FEPS/Can Drew Technologies, Inc. *PassThru+XS Actia Corp *Snap-On Pass Thru Pro II Snap-On *2534 Global Programmer Blue Streak Electronics *Universal Reprogrammer EASE Diagnostics *FLASH2 All-Makes Reprogrammer CARDONE Industries *Bosch Mastertech VCI Bosch Diagnostics

Usage and results:
The usage was pretty easy, just download & install the software. After that it will search for a compatible device and test it. Than you have to enter your subscription information into the program and you're ready to go.
I checked the PCM, ICM, ACM for online updates - all were up-to-date.
The Sync module was the only one I really needed the update but only this one showed me the message "Please initialize update using OASIS"

So yes it works and if you need to update your PCM its doing a good job but since some modules cant be updated without OASIS its useless for me because I cant get a OASIS account + its kind of ridicules since Ford offers it as an alternative for free mechanics but than ask you to go via OASIS

Hope that helps some people

Last edited by apial; 6/22/14 at 09:34 PM.