Sponsored By:

Sync and Sangsung S6

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/15, 06:28 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync and Sangsung S6

Hello,

i was wondering if anyone out there has a s6 (or even a s5) and had issues with text messages.

the phone and phonebook download work fine, but when someone sends me a text message, it just plays a chime. on my old phone (windows phone) is would tell me who was texting and allow me to dictate back a message. i have searched google and tried everything i can find, but nothing works.

has anyone got this working?

thanks
Old 6/1/15, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

S4 here and haven't figured out how to get it working either. The phonebook downloads just fine, and it chimes to alert me but won't read me the text or allow me to respond either. My Motorola RAZR worked just fine...If someone has a solution I'm all ears too!
Old 6/1/15, 04:19 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
A couple years ago i used a Motorola Razr, it wouldn't stay 'paired' for more than two days at a time. My wife gave me her old S3, works like a dream . Reads and sends text. Must be a 'hit or miss' thing
Old 6/1/15, 10:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
did you update your ford system?
Old 6/1/15, 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have an xperia Z3 with the updated Sync update. it will read back messages, allow me to respond as well. works fine. This was with Kitkat. I haven't tried with Lollipop.

Reading messages is ok if you are riding in the car alone. you wouldn't want to have sync read something inappropriate to you while others are in the car.
Old 6/1/15, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it is more of an issue with Sync not being updated to using the latest software from the phones. Same thing happened with to mine. I had an HTC One and that worked fine. After I got the iPhone 6 it wouldn't do it anymore.
Old 6/1/15, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After I did the Sync update, My Note Edge (basically a note 4) will chime I have a text and then I can listen to it. You have to hit the phone button on dash and it comes up. Works ok

Before update, it would not work at all.
Old 6/1/15, 07:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ace Red
After I did the Sync update, My Note Edge (basically a note 4) will chime I have a text and then I can listen to it. You have to hit the phone button on dash and it comes up. Works ok

what version of sync are you on?
Old 6/2/15, 07:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
I think it is more of an issue with Sync not being updated to using the latest software from the phones. Same thing happened with to mine. I had an HTC One and that worked fine. After I got the iPhone 6 it wouldn't do it anymore.
Yeah, I'm 99% positive that its because you now have an iPhone. My iPhone 5S didn't support the read back messages feature either.

Originally Posted by Ace Red

There actually a way to turn this off so that it doesn't chime anymore as well. at first, I HATED that my car would chime while I was in the middle of beating on some air drums while listening to some tunes
Now, I'm used to it and haven't turned the feature off.
Old 6/2/15, 08:23 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Everyone,

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and the iPhone (with iOS 6 or higher) both support the text messaging feature. Make sure your SYNC software is current by signing in or registering to check for updates: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html

iPhone users check out this link to allow SYNC to access your messages: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ur-iphone.html

For the Samsung devices there is a MAP (Message Access Profile) pop-up that appears on the phone after the initial pairing or an ignition cycle. The message reads: SYNC IS REQUESTING PERMISSION TO ACCESS YOUR MESSAGES. GIVE SYNC PERMISSION? Be sure to check the box that says: DO NOT ASK AGAIN and then select YES or there may be an option for ALWAYS ALLOW.

Let me know if this helps!

Whitney
Old 6/2/15, 08:28 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Whitney, I assume for now the iPhone is still receive only. No reply capability yet.
Old 6/2/15, 11:04 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SpectreH,

You are correct. The Apple devices currently support the option to receive only.

Whitney
Old 6/2/15, 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by whowasthat
on my old phone (windows phone) is would tell me who was texting and allow me to dictate back a message.
That is a Windows Phone exclusive so to speak... It has nothing to do with Sync. With a Windows Phone, the assistant/Cortana will read back text messages and allow you to dictate a response on ANY bluetooth device with microphone. WP10 is coming out soon, and we'd love to have you back.
Old 6/3/15, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
That is a Windows Phone exclusive so to speak... It has nothing to do with Sync. With a Windows Phone, the assistant/Cortana will read back text messages and allow you to dictate a response on ANY bluetooth device with microphone. WP10 is coming out soon, and we'd love to have you back.
thats too bad. my sync is up to date, and i have map and notifaction turned on. i guess i will keep playing with it.

im not really liking S6 as much as my nokia 920. im thinking of getting a windows 10 phone this winter. right now my irritation is how slippery the glass back is. it slides off everything!
Old 6/3/15, 07:41 PM
Cobra Member

thats too bad. my sync is up to date, and i have map and notifaction turned on. i guess i will keep playing with it.

im not really liking S6 as much as my nokia 920. im thinking of getting a windows 10 phone this winter. right now my irritation is how slippery the glass back is. it slides off everything!

The S6 is a fast phone. really fast. i just don't like Samsungs iteration of android. i have the Tab S 8.4 model running lollipop and I very much prefer my Sony Xperia Z3.

two completely different beasts
Old 6/4/15, 06:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah I still have a 920. You can get a rubberized case

Windows Phone isn't without is disadvantages as well though...especially low market share and low adoption, so a lot of the newer apps come to WP last.