Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync-fail fixes?

Old 12/10/12, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync-fail fixes?

I've had my 2011 Mustang for almost 2 years now and, until a week ago, I've never had a problem with the car, let alone the Sync option. Then, a few days ago, I realized that pressing the Voice talk button doesn't activate the Bluetooth audio anymore. And plugging in my phone through the USB drive doesn't get it recognized and pressing the Aux button doesn't help either (it goes through all the FM and AM and even the Sirius station setting that I don't subscribe to)- it's like my car's gotten amnesia and has forgotten all about my phone. The dealership wants to take apart my wheel and then charge me up the butt for it. I feel like this shouldn't be such a big deal so does anyone here have any suggestions? I'm getting really frustrated having to actually touch my phone while I'm driving
Old 12/10/12, 07:53 AM
GT Member

It might not be the optimal solution, but have you tried to factory reset it?

You'll lose all of your settings if you do this.
Old 12/10/12, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

contact Sync support if I were you. Also check your status on the sync web site if you have not done so. I had an issue with sync recently because I added my car to my wife's account only to find out you can only have one car per account or services will not work correctly. No where did I see a write up on that. Sync support is free..
Old 12/10/12, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine seems too fill up after a while? after a few weeks/months? it will hang itself indexing songs from my iPod forever. The only solution I've found is to disconnect the battery. dumb.
Old 12/10/12, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JeffL
mine seems too fill up after a while? after a few weeks/months? it will hang itself indexing songs from my iPod forever. The only solution I've found is to disconnect the battery. dumb.
Mine does the exact same thing,
but i just do menu, select source and pick usb again.
it sometimes fixes it and sometimes i have to wait a bit then it finally takes.
but yeah pita.
Old 12/10/12, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Why isn't this covered under warranty, if it is less than three years old?
Old 12/11/12, 09:41 AM

as others have stated a factory reset or this

easy fix

1. Go to passenger side kick panel and pull the plastic piece off

2. behind the kick panel will be a velcro padding, undo it and behind there is a fuse panel

3. pull fuse #3 for about 2 min

4. replace fuse and turn the car on to the on position and and sync your ipod, if it works then put it all back together, if not pull the fuse and wait 5 min
Old 12/18/12, 02:11 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kitkitty
I've had my 2011 Mustang for almost 2 years now and, until a week ago, I've never had a problem with the car, let alone the Sync option. Then, a few days ago, I realized that pressing the Voice talk button doesn't activate the Bluetooth audio anymore. And plugging in my phone through the USB drive doesn't get it recognized and pressing the Aux button doesn't help either (it goes through all the FM and AM and even the Sirius station setting that I don't subscribe to)- it's like my car's gotten amnesia and has forgotten all about my phone. The dealership wants to take apart my wheel and then charge me up the butt for it. I feel like this shouldn't be such a big deal so does anyone here have any suggestions? I'm getting really frustrated having to actually touch my phone while I'm driving
Hi, Kitkitty -

As phones and their batteries get older, it can weaken the strength of the Bluetooth signal. To refresh the Bluetooth chip within your phone, remove the battery for 30 seconds. If you're using an iPhone perform a soft reset by holding the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, Although it will restore settings to factory defaults, I recommend performing a Master Reset.

Standard SYNC radio:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

SYNC with voice activated Navigation:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ync-navigation

Let me know if either or these take care of it.

Originally Posted by GreenCars
contact Sync support if I were you. Also check your status on the sync web site if you have not done so. I had an issue with sync recently because I added my car to my wife's account only to find out you can only have one car per account or services will not work correctly. No where did I see a write up on that. Sync support is free..
Hey, GreenCars -

SYNC support is coming right to you. We're you able to add your wife's vehicle to a separate account? If not, I can help, just PM me both VINs.

Originally Posted by JeffL
Hi, JeffL -

If you prefer not to perform a Master Reset, a safer alternative to disconnecting the battery is pulling the fuse for SYNC, JeffL. For the exact location, check the Roadside Emergencies section of your owner's manual:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten.../Page/HomePage

Originally Posted by JiveFive0
Mine does the exact same thing,
but i just do menu, select source and pick usb again.
it sometimes fixes it and sometimes i have to wait a bit then it finally takes.
but yeah pita.
Do you know which software level you're on, JiveFive0?

Originally Posted by DrDisney
Why isn't this covered under warranty, if it is less than three years old?
Hey, DrDisney -

For warranty-related questions, contact my partner, Deysha. Her user name is: FordCustomerService.

If anyone has additional questions or concerns, please let me know.

Jaclyn

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 12/18/12 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12/19/12, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Viciousjay
as others have stated a factory reset or this

easy fix

1. Go to passenger side kick panel and pull the plastic piece off

2. behind the kick panel will be a velcro padding, undo it and behind there is a fuse panel

3. pull fuse #3 for about 2 min

4. replace fuse and turn the car on to the on position and and sync your ipod, if it works then put it all back together, if not pull the fuse and wait 5 min
Be careful when pulling this fuse. Put a towel or something down because if you drop it down in there you will have a bear of a time fishing it out.