2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync completely stopped working.

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/15, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Azrael
Ah, to bump this thread again... Had to reset SYNC yet again this morning, just stopped working again while listening to Pandora through Mobile Applications; which seems to be the catalyst since it crashes when I listen to Pandora - I have been using Amazon Music until I decided to try Pandora again this morning.

Ready to rip SYNC completely out of my car and use it for target practice at my next range session. My car is just under 2 years old (2014 GT), my basic warranty is gone (already have 43K miles); and not willing to pay the deductible for this on the extended warranty just to have a tech do exactly what I do to reset it.

It works fine for about 3 weeks then decides to commit Seppuku right in the middle of my 92 mile commute home... At least the CD player still works (I am now carrying CDs again).

A disappointed owner.

I used to have similar issues running Spotify. I triedfactory resets etc., nothing worked. Some people on this thread have said you cannotreinstall the software update, that is not really true. Once you download thesoftware from Fords website to a flash drive, you cannot download it again, but as long as youstill have it on your flash drive, there is nothing stopping you fromreinstalling it in the car. That is what is did and since then its workedpretty good. Sync definitely has issues, every once in a while I may need toreboot my phone and/or turn off and on the radio, but most of the time it worksOK.

FYI, I have 2014 GT w/o navigation and a Moto X running4.4.4. I have a premium membership to Spotify and do not stream musice but play music offline that has been downloaded to the phone.