Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Stone Vs. Black - Cloth Interior

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/10, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stone Vs. Black - Cloth Interior

I'm getting a base, so no leather. The car will be a white.

Stone - Looks better, gives the appearance of a larger interior. BUT - it's going to be a pain in the *** to keep clean. Any little stain will look obvious. And I don't know how to explain this, but you know that black stuff that builds up from sweat? For example, I like to drive with my left arm kinda dangling out the window (to feel the breeze) In the summer, or when it's hot, the stone interior will dirty up very quickly. I find that even with cleaning, it's inevitable after a few years.

Oh yeah, since I'm getting the base model, the stone interior would give a nice contrast to the other plastic parts inside.

Black - Nice contrast to exterior color, stains/dirt not as obvious. BUT, again, since I'm getting the base, my car will be completely black inside.

Basically, I want to get the stone, but I'm wary of its quality down the line. So I'm wondering if any of you have or have had the stone interior, and whether it was dirtied very easily or easy to maintain. Your experience with either leather or cloth is fine, although I am getting the cloth.
Old 5/6/10, 11:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be more worried about the stone cloth on the seats getting stained and not being able to get that out more than the plastic surfaces on the doors and such. If you clean the door panel often where you rest your arm then you will avoid problems there.

I like the look of the stone leather a lot but not the cloth. All things considered, if I were to get a base I would get charcoal.
Old 5/7/10, 12:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I think about this if I were to get a base car. It's a hard choice. I think the Stone cloth interior looks so rental car though. I like that it's not "all black", but I think I'd be inclined to go with the black interior, then dress it up with a Bullitt steering wheel and the silver dash inserts from the 400A interior package.
Old 5/7/10, 12:27 AM
Cobra R Member

i saw a base V6 2010 white/black...thought it looked good
Old 5/7/10, 06:34 AM
GT Member

A nearby dealer has one with Stone leather. It's already showing dirt and signs of wear, on the drivers seat, where people have just test driven the vehicle. It hasn't even been sold. I looked at Stone when I bought my white one but I thought it just looked washed out against white. As much as I dislike an all black interior, there are times when it's actually the best fit.

Last edited by IguanaKeepr; 5/7/10 at 07:03 AM.
Old 5/7/10, 06:41 AM
GT Member

If you're getting base, go black. Having said that, I ordered stone leather with Kona Blue. Beautiful contrast.
Old 5/7/10, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks.
Old 5/7/10, 04:33 PM
GT Member

I went with Kona Blue with the dark charcoal (black) cloth interior. It will be easier to keep clean I think.
Old 5/7/10, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ireallycare
I'm getting a base, so no leather. The car will be a white.

Stone - Looks better, gives the appearance of a larger interior. BUT - it's going to be a pain in the *** to keep clean. Any little stain will look obvious. And I don't know how to explain this, but you know that black stuff that builds up from sweat? For example, I like to drive with my left arm kinda dangling out the window (to feel the breeze) In the summer, or when it's hot, the stone interior will dirty up very quickly. I find that even with cleaning, it's inevitable after a few years.

Oh yeah, since I'm getting the base model, the stone interior would give a nice contrast to the other plastic parts inside.

Black - Nice contrast to exterior color, stains/dirt not as obvious. BUT, again, since I'm getting the base, my car will be completely black inside.

Basically, I want to get the stone, but I'm wary of its quality down the line. So I'm wondering if any of you have or have had the stone interior, and whether it was dirtied very easily or easy to maintain. Your experience with either leather or cloth is fine, although I am getting the cloth.
my 2010 is white with grey interior and it is a pain to keep clean. i think the interior of the mustangs is open enough so that is why when i ordered my 2011 i went with the black, and after seeing a white mustang with black it looks MUCH better!