2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Steeda Tune

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/14 | 01:42 PM

Steeda Tune

So after reading the countless threads on which ones the best, etc. I decided on getting a Steeda tune for my 2012 V6 auto, based on very high user feedback. It's been a week since my order was "completed". Apparently the person who writes tunes has left, according to the sales guy that had contacted me today after I reached out asking for the shipping information. I wish I would have been notified that my order was going to be delayed. But more importantly I'm a little concerned as to the tune I'm going to receive. I'd hate to write a bad comment of a tune I have no experience with, but should I try and cancel my order and go with a BAMA tune (my runner up choice)?
Old 5/21/14 | 02:16 PM

I will cancel the order and buyit from MPT.
Old 5/21/14 | 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What are your concerns? We still have tuners that are well trained ... that have been writing tunes for quite some time.

The same tunes that Gus wrote are the same tunes that Matt will write .. they are going to be very safe & powerful.

Our reputation in the industry is pretty flawless ... we have had several tuners throughout the years ... & we still have had 0 issue to date when it comes to warranty claims.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 5/21/14 at 02:30 PM.
Old 5/21/14 | 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I think you should be fine.
Old 5/21/14 | 07:15 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm very happy with my Steeda tune, I think you will as well.
Old 5/21/14 | 08:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Man, I didn't know Gus from Steeda left. How long ago was that?
Old 5/21/14 | 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Can't be too long ago, I just got my tune from him late last week.
Old 5/22/14 | 06:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

question is why has it taken a week to get his tune?
Old 5/22/14 | 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just hop on the bus, Gus.
Old 5/22/14 | 07:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Timing on the tune varies ... depending on his mods, time that it was ordered, amount of tunes that we are doing in house, etc. will all factor into the tuning time.

Usually, when a new tune comes in, it takes several business days to turn around.

OP ... what is your email address ... let me inquire about your tune & the timing it will be completed.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 5/22/14 | 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Everything I have done with Steeda in the past has been top quality!
Old 5/22/14 | 07:42 AM

Thank you for your comments. I'll stick with the Steeda tune. My concern is more or less because of a rushed tune due to back log. And as far as mods, besides an AirAID CAI and the brembo wheels, my V6 is pretty stock.
Old 5/23/14 | 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Your tune will be safe and you'll be very pleased with it. Steeda provides a quality product and puts the testing and engineering in to ensure reliability.

I currently have 3 tunes from them and a 4th waiting to be put on when I get my h-pipe installed. They are solid, noticeable gains, and the car still runs flawless.

I've had some communication issues when dealing with them through e-mail - no acknowledgement/response on 3 different occasions. I've found picking up the phone works much better...once you get their attention they provide great service.
Old 5/28/14 | 04:55 PM

Just got my tuner today, and took the Mustang for a quick spin. Definitely seems to run better and is more responsive. It feels a lot better than the 2014 Camaro I was renting on my trip to Nashville earlier this week. I also got a personalized thank you card in the mail from Steeda, which is a very nice touch.
Old 5/28/14 | 10:02 PM
I Have No Life

Glad to see you got your tune working.

I'm more concerned about Gus leaving. He really left? Can someone confirm that?
Old 5/28/14 | 10:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Glad to see you got your tune working.

I'm more concerned about Gus leaving. He really left? Can someone confirm that?
Well, Steeda themselves seems to have confirmed it in this thread...
Old 5/30/14 | 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Timing on the tune varies ... depending on his mods, time that it was ordered, amount of tunes that we are doing in house, etc. will all factor into the tuning time.

Usually, when a new tune comes in, it takes several business days to turn around.

OP ... what is your email address ... let me inquire about your tune & the timing it will be completed.

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ...is it true that with the Steeda tune the dealership can't tell that the car has been tuned before? I'm just another idiot who's scared of warranty issues...I will definitely be going with the Steeda tune, just scared so I haven't pulled the trigger. I paid for the extra bumper-to-bumper warranty and don't want to lose the "extra dinero".
Old 5/30/14 | 11:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CubAndy

TJ...is it true that with the Steeda tune the dealership can't tell that the car has been tuned before? I'm just another idiot who's scared of warranty issues...I will definitely be going with the Steeda tune, just scared so I haven't pulled the trigger. I paid for the extra bumper-to-bumper warranty and don't want to lose the "extra dinero".
No, that's not true. The dealerships can tell if you have a tune on your car. Now I'm not sure if they can specifically tell the brand of the tune (meaning Steeda, Bama, Lund) etc. When they ask about your tune, i would think you would tell the dealership you have it tuned by Steeda. If the dealership gave you a hard time then about warranty issues and not fixing the broken part because of the tune, you notify Steeda of this and they step in and talk with Ford.

Steeda will do what they can to resolve the issue for you. Steeda is not a fly by night here and gone company so I'm confident Steeda would NOT leave you out to dry on a warranty issue. Get the tune bro. You will not regret. My 2011 has been running performance tunes since she had 5,000 miles and never had an issue. I also have Steeda tunes in there free tunes for life program and its real nice.

Get the tune bro. Its amazing.
Old 5/30/14 | 06:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No, that's not true. The dealerships can tell if you have a tune on your car. Now I'm not sure if they can specifically tell the brand of the tune (meaning Steeda, Bama, Lund) etc. When they ask about your tune, i would think you would tell the dealership you have it tuned by Steeda. If the dealership gave you a hard time then about warranty issues and not fixing the broken part because of the tune, you notify Steeda of this and they step in and talk with Ford. Steeda will do what they can to resolve the issue for you. Steeda is not a fly by night here and gone company so I'm confident Steeda would NOT leave you out to dry on a warranty issue. Get the tune bro. You will not regret. My 2011 has been running performance tunes since she had 5,000 miles and never had an issue. I also have Steeda tunes in there free tunes for life program and its real nice. Get the tune bro. Its amazing.
Awesome dude...thanks for the reassurance!! I'm gonna do it...
Old 5/30/14 | 07:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CubAndy

Awesome dude...thanks for the reassurance!! I'm gonna do it...
Sweet. Bro. You will love the tune. After you have it! You will never want to drive factory tune ever again.