2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Steeda 5.0 CAI & Tune - new best ET and Trap Speed!

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/11, 05:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Chuck
Results looks impressive. Waiting for a 2012 and will want a tune. Maybe I should PM you but curious if your tunes are upgradable for life without charge as Bama and if they are compatable with SCT units?
I'm getting a CAI and tune from Gus once my 2012 is scheduled to build.
Old 2/16/11, 05:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Ok. I'm sold...two questions:
1) Do you guys offer a package for folks who have an SCT X3 tuning pad already (and just need the intake and tune)?

2) I expect to put major mileage on this car over the years...assuming good maintainence practices, will any part of this tune affect longevity (like the higher redline)?

Thanks for any info!
I love my new Steeda Tune, CAI, Shifter and Control Arms! 3 great mods!. Throttle response is much better than the original tune, have not red-lined the car yet but I can tell you at 6500 it wants to pull much harder. 7200 Must be crazy.

Gus sent/is sending revised tunes to people who ordered the Steeda CAI/SCT packages earlier, but I bet they would make a deal for you if you buy their intake and already have an SCT. Steeda has great service. About the longevity. It depends on how you drive it. If I was driving my $35K car as a daily driver and making payments I wouldn't be racing it at all, maybe a few trips to the drag strip each year, but the urge to go fast and tinker with the stangs is tough to resist. I had to do mods to my F150 because thats just how it is.
Old 2/16/11, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I just loaded up their new tune and I've gotta say I thought everyone was exagerating and I was a little skeptical. All I've got to say is Wow! As soon as I stomped the gas it went. The throttle response is even better and it pulls really hard up at the top. Definitely not hype, I'm impressed.