2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Someone has to know..

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/10, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pony racer
now its in Albany, and at offload ramp..

coincidence?

How did you get an update at this time of the evening? Wonder if my car is on the same truck.
Old 7/13/10, 04:44 AM
V6 Member

Mine has been sitting in Melivindale MI since 7/2 "waiting for a full load". Called AAI directly rather than CS and the person indicated they must have 50 before they move, and all 50 must have the same final railyard as a destination since the cars are only unloaded one time. His estimate is that it will move in a couple of days....we'll see. In my case, the fnal railyard is in MA and this seems to feed the upstate NE area. The issue must be that order input for this area is not like others.

The AAI rep also indicated they are moving a great deal of cars and are "stressing the system". That would explain the long delays some are experiencing at intermediate points. All in all another crappy situation for customers. I guess its too much to ask that Ford actually figure out some other means to accomodate customers that have been waiting seemingly forever for their cars. For me it will be six months before this car arrives since ordering in Febuary. Never again.

Oh, and I got to hear again how much I'll enjoy the 420 horses and how it'll put a smile on my face. This must be the final line on their script when its obvious the customer has had it when again they do nothing to actually solve your problem.
Old 7/13/10, 05:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rhans
Mine has been sitting in Melivindale MI since 7/2 "waiting for a full load". Called AAI directly rather than CS and the person indicated they must have 50 before they move, and all 50 must have the same final railyard as a destination since the cars are only unloaded one time. His estimate is that it will move in a couple of days....we'll see. In my case, the fnal railyard is in MA and this seems to feed the upstate NE area. The issue must be that order input for this area is not like others.

The AAI rep also indicated they are moving a great deal of cars and are "stressing the system". That would explain the long delays some are experiencing at intermediate points. All in all another crappy situation for customers. I guess its too much to ask that Ford actually figure out some other means to accomodate customers that have been waiting seemingly forever for their cars. For me it will be six months before this car arrives since ordering in Febuary. Never again.

Oh, and I got to hear again how much I'll enjoy the 420 horses and how it'll put a smile on my face. This must be the final line on their script when its obvious the customer has had it when again they do nothing to actually solve your problem.
I'm waiting for one in MA too, although i didn't order it. Its just coming in for regular dealer stock. Do you know where the rail yard is in MA?
Old 7/13/10, 07:18 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
I'm waiting for one in MA too, although i didn't order it. Its just coming in for regular dealer stock. Do you know where the rail yard is in MA?
Where are you buying yours? I'm in Newton but going to Imperial Ford IN THE LITTLE TOWN OF MENDON!

/Just found out my dealer is notorious for bad commercials.
Old 7/13/10, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
Where are you buying yours? I'm in Newton but going to Imperial Ford IN THE LITTLE TOWN OF MENDON!

/Just found out my dealer is notorious for bad commercials.
Im in Danvers, up on the northshore but me and my father are buying it together and buying from a dealership up in Dover, NH (they're giving us the best money for our trade) but they are gonna get the car from Rodman Ford in Foxboro, MA. Unfortunately, I dont think there is a way to track where this car is at the moment. All i know is its in transit so im just sitting here waiting

Unfortunately, the dealership can't guarentee us the car because its up to Rodman Ford if they want to give it to us. So I could be waiting for nothing. I just know its not sold yet so im hoping it stays that way

Last edited by Ethanjbeau; 7/13/10 at 07:33 AM.
Old 7/13/10, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

OK, that sounds like 4 of us - just another 46 to go and there will be a full load!

I ordered mine at Drum Hill in Chelmsford. They entered it as a stock order in an effort to save time. In hindsight, that probably was a mistake.

No idea where the railyard is in MA. At one time it was in Ayer, it may or may not be there now.

Last edited by rhans; 7/13/10 at 08:35 AM.
Old 7/13/10, 08:39 AM
GT Member

OK, that sounds like 4 of us - just another 46 to go and there will be a full load!

I ordered mine at Drum Hill in Chelmsford. They entered it as a stock order in an effort to save time. In hindsight, that probably was a mistake.

No idea where the railyard is in MA. At one time it was in Ayer, it may or may not be there now.
Have you gotten an updated VV recently? Mine was in Melvindale, MI on 6/23, Evansville, IN on 7/7, and Binghamton, NY 7/12. Mine seems to be following pony_racer's car. I'm hoping his Albany, NY update last night was correct. I've already told work, "If I go to the Framingham office today DO NOT CALL ME!"
Old 7/13/10, 08:46 AM
Cobra Member

I think theres a railyard in south Boston and then there is a CSX rail yard in Worcester. Apparently the city council just voted last month to possibly make it larger, too little too late probably lol
Old 7/13/10, 10:36 AM
V6 Member

Have you gotten an updated VV recently? Mine was in Melvindale, MI on 6/23, Evansville, IN on 7/7, and Binghamton, NY 7/12. Mine seems to be following pony_racer's car. I'm hoping his Albany, NY update last night was correct. I've already told work, "If I go to the Framingham office today DO NOT CALL ME!"
You are luckier than me! Then again, nearly everyone on this Forum is w.r.t. their deliveries.

As of yesterday mine was still in Melvindale, I called the railyard and they confirmed it. Then I made the useless calls to Ford and the dealer to see if they can push it. Hopefully before the end of this week it will leave Melvindale and be here by the end of July (6 months after ordering).
Old 7/13/10, 10:47 AM
GT Member

You are luckier than me! Then again, nearly everyone on this Forum is w.r.t. their deliveries.

As of yesterday mine was still in Melvindale, I called the railyard and they confirmed it. Then I made the useless calls to Ford and the dealer to see if they can push it. Hopefully before the end of this week it will leave Melvindale and be here by the end of July (6 months after ordering).
Ouch. And I was grumbling mine was on the 8 week side of the "6-8 weeks" for the car. I think mine sat in Melvindale for at least two weeks before it was loaded onto a rail car.
Old 7/13/10, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Mine is supposedly enroute to Agawam, MA... but the customer service line (as well as the dealer-only line that I found in another thread) told me that the car is still showing "in production" (which supposedly means that it's still at the plant) but the delivery date was still showing yesterday. FTW?

The dealership is sometimes extremely helpful, other times I don't hear back from them for days. I left a message for the manager first thing this morning... no word so far (as of 1:00PM)

I'd call them again but I feel like I have called too many times already... what would you do?

Last edited by MRGTX; 7/13/10 at 10:58 AM.
Old 7/13/10, 11:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Mine is supposedly enroute to Agawam, MA... but the customer service line (as well as the dealer-only line that I found in another thread) told me that the car is still showing "in production" (which supposedly means that it's still at the plant) but the delivery date was still showing yesterday. FTW?

The dealership is sometimes extremely helpful, other times I don't hear back from them for days. I left a message for the manager first thing this morning... no word so far (as of 1:00PM)

I'd call them again but I feel like I have called too many times already... what would you do?
Not surprising. Mine still has a delivery date of 7/7 according to the report I looked at yesterday. Last week it still said 6/23.
Old 7/13/10, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

How did you get an update at this time of the evening? Wonder if my car is on the same truck.
i have an inside source that has asked me to keep annon. and so i shall

Mine has been sitting in Melivindale MI since 7/2 "waiting for a full load". Called AAI directly rather than CS and the person indicated they must have 50 before they move, and all 50 must have the same final railyard as a destination since the cars are only unloaded one time.
not necessarily true, the rep( from norfolk ) i spoke to yesterday, said " she has seen rail cars move with just one car on them" they are usually 3 teirs and depending on the size of the car is how many fit.

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
no clue but depending on where you live may, also be albany ny esp if your dealer is within 200 miles

OK, that sounds like 4 of us - just another 46 to go and there will be a full load!No idea where the railyard is in MA. At one time it was in Ayer, it may or may not be there now.
answered above..

unfortunately i cant check on others.. like i mentioned earlier its an inside source that PMs me.. im not saying which site or where this person is from.. they know who they are. and as always i appreciate the info that is provided..

Not surprising. Mine still has a delivery date of 7/7 according to the report I looked at yesterday. Last week it still said 6/23.
lol .. i stopped paying attention to ETA's back in May.
Old 7/13/10, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

UPDATE!!!

Owner of dealer called.

" stated my car has been offloaded at the ramp.. should have the car thursday / friday at the latest.."

i said. please understand my skepticism, ive heard that before..
he said if my car isnt in, he will put me in "a car" until it does..
Old 7/13/10, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Sounds promising (again) Rick. I hope the end is near for all the BS you've been through!
Old 7/13/10, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Sounds promising (again) Rick. I hope the end is near for all the BS you've been through!
thanks patrick..

honestly they way the owner talked to me, today. has put me at ease big time. just like when i talked to him last month, i thought there would be some change inthe way his sales staff would handle the situation.. but unfortunately no emails, no returned calls. nothing.. he said he would be "making some changes" and said thats all im going to say about it.. he said your old enough to know what that means without me saying it..