Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So are you guys paying MSRP for the 2011...?

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/10, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll try and come in today. Should I ask for Brian? Is there only one Brian?
Old 5/27/10, 04:45 PM
GT Member

I signed paper with Brian today. Thanks Brian! Great deal on a Kona Blue GT with Brembo package, sunroof and lots of options! My wife will be happy!
Old 5/27/10, 04:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats
Old 5/27/10, 05:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brycerichert
I signed paper with Brian today. Thanks Brian! Great deal on a Kona Blue GT with Brembo package, sunroof and lots of options! My wife will be happy!
Sunroof???
Old 5/27/10, 05:10 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I got invoice + holdback
Old 5/27/10, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Sunroof???
You know.. the big glass top?
Old 5/27/10, 07:58 PM
V6 Member

You know.. the big glass top?
A sunroof doesn't exist on the Mustang. You mean the glass roof option.
Old 5/27/10, 08:51 PM
GT Member

correct.. that's it. the glass top! sorry.
Old 5/27/10, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I got invoice + holdback
Sorry, I don't understand your math.

What does invoice + holdback mean?
Old 5/27/10, 11:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi, Bryce! Thanks for stopping in today, and thanks for ordering your '11 GT with us. Love the Vortech V3 under the hood of your BMW! Looks almost like the V2 in my '07 GT.

Kona Blue with Saddle Leather will look sharp and you can see pics of that combination in the color section here in these forums.

On a side note, that little red '92 Miata with the Eaton supercharger we had ended up selling today right after you & I were looking it over. The guy with the other red Miata we saw there bought it.

Your '11 GT should be our next GT to be scheduled. I prioritized it to be next for our dealership. If I had to guess, I think it'll be built in late June as long as there are no commodities restrictions.

Again, thanks for the business. Can't wait to see our '11's start arriving.....
Old 5/27/10, 11:34 PM
GT Member

No problem... I'll buy you both dinner when it gets in. So get it in quick.. my wife wants to drive it (as well as me)!!! :-) I'm giving Randy a strut brace from my 328i.. it should fit his car nicely... I can't use it because this particular type interfers with my camber and strut rebound adjustment at the track.

Last edited by brycerichert; 5/27/10 at 11:37 PM.
Old 5/28/10, 12:56 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by wingless
Sorry, I don't understand your math.

What does invoice + holdback mean?
Its about $200 cheaper than x-plan. Its what most people refer to as the invoice price. Have you seen the price guide yet?
Old 5/28/10, 05:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Its about $200 cheaper than x-plan. Its what most people refer to as the invoice price. Have you seen the price guide yet?
Yes, I am familiar w/ the sticker pricing / invoice pricing, thank you.

Is it possible to explain the meaning using conventional mathematics terminology?

For example, when a vehicle is purchased at invoice price, the dealer still makes a profit because of the holdback, paid to the dealer.

So what does, "I got invoice + holdback" mean? You paid invoice AND were paid the dealer holdback, resulting in no profit to the dealer?

My guess is your statement means something different to you, I'm trying to discern that meaning.
Old 5/28/10, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Speaking of X-Plan pricing. Must say X-Plan pricing is (invoice+holdback) + $200 or $250 But That is not what I'm seeing, at least not through my company's plan. For example X-Plan pricing for a V6 Premium+Pony Package is $25,532 (not including destination). Yet the invoice+holdback price for the same car is $24831 (again not including destination) according to the price guide. That is a difference of $700 not $200. What am I missing? Are there other fees including in the X-Plan pricing?
Old 5/28/10, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Speaking of X-Plan pricing. Must say X-Plan pricing is (invoice+holdback) + $200 or $250 But That is not what I'm seeing, at least not through my company's plan. For example X-Plan pricing for a V6 Premium+Pony Package is $25,532 (not including destination). Yet the invoice+holdback price for the same car is $24831 (again not including destination) according to the price guide. That is a difference of $700 not $200. What am I missing? Are there other fees including in the X-Plan pricing?
I noticed this as well...

The X Plan price for the 11 GT with 401A is $31,287
The Price list shows invoice w/ holdback for 401A at $30,609

The only thing I can think of is if they're including the $500 rebate that Ford is currently doing
Old 5/28/10, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm coming up with the same thing. Is the $500 fuel/FDAF charge added to the X plan, but not shown on invoice, maybe?

Last edited by monkeystash; 5/28/10 at 08:54 AM.
Old 5/28/10, 09:27 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by wingless
Yes, I am familiar w/ the sticker pricing / invoice pricing, thank you.

Is it possible to explain the meaning using conventional mathematics terminology?

For example, when a vehicle is purchased at invoice price, the dealer still makes a profit because of the holdback, paid to the dealer.

So what does, "I got invoice + holdback" mean? You paid invoice AND were paid the dealer holdback, resulting in no profit to the dealer?

My guess is your statement means something different to you, I'm trying to discern that meaning.
If you have the price guide you should see three columns (invoice/invoice+holdback/MSRP). I paid the invoice + holdback amount.

In other words I paid the invoice price including the holdback cost
Old 5/28/10, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I figured out. It seems that the X-Plan price does includes Ford's FDAF/Fuel charge which is not included in the invoice price. I was able to confirm this after going to a dealer and getting an estimate comparing MSRP, Invoice+holdback and X-Plan prices. So X-Plan = (Invoice+holdback) + $500 (FDAF/Fuel fee) + 200. In my case after adding all the options the price was little bit less than it would've been using that formula. Add the $75 dollar restriction for documentation fee plus and X-Plan is definitely a very good deal especially for someone like me that sucks at negotiating
Old 5/28/10, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

I figured out. It seems that the X-Plan price does includes Ford's FDAF/Fuel charge which is not included in the invoice price. I was able to confirm this after going to a dealer and getting an estimate comparing MSRP, Invoice+holdback and X-Plan prices. So X-Plan = (Invoice+holdback) + $500 (FDAF/Fuel fee) + 200. In my case after adding all the options the price was little bit less than it would've been using that formula. Add the $75 dollar restriction for documentation fee plus and X-Plan is definitely a very good deal especially for someone like me that sucks at negotiating
Exactly!
Old 5/28/10, 05:34 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Exactly.

I got X-plan just as a back up in case the dealer tries to screw me over

Quick Reply: So are you guys paying MSRP for the 2011...?