Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So are you guys paying MSRP for the 2011...?

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/10, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
d-plan, 1300 below invoice, plus additional 500 rebate. 750 offer is not compatible with a/z/d plans.
32979 for 400a w/ security, 3.73, hid, comfort, brembo.
Performance white w/ saddle.
Old 5/25/10, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
X-plan (invoice+$250), minus the $750 coupon.

So...$500 under invoice, I guess.
Same here. Not many people are paying MSRP for retail orders, the dealer doesnt have to do much since it doesnt count against their allocation.

However, I'm sure they are getting MSRP or above for stock units if you want to drive it off the lot. Since no one has them yet.
Old 5/25/10, 10:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Travis64
camaro they offer me 500 under invoice 2lt
Demand has died down a bit... There are 2+ SSs on all of the lots around me... some have been sitting for 3 or more months.

So glad the MSRP deal I had on order fell through

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/25/10 at 10:35 AM.
Old 5/25/10, 11:27 AM
jaf

D plan...?
Old 5/25/10, 11:29 AM
jaf

disregard just figured it out.....
Old 5/25/10, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Travis64
camaro they offer me 500 under invoice 2lt
probably not last summer, thats what I was sying when they first came out, or the dealer I was at was trying to rip everyone off...lol
Old 5/25/10, 12:02 PM
jaf

Are all you who have mentioned paying close to invoice above/below using some sort of plan (x,d,etc) or nothing at all just the rebate/customer cash being mentioned...?

Thanks
Old 5/25/10, 12:04 PM

no not last summer it was 1 mnth ago
Old 5/25/10, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jaf
Are all you who have mentioned paying close to invoice above/below using some sort of plan (x,d,etc) or nothing at all just the rebate/customer cash being mentioned...?

Thanks
Van Bortel in East Rochester sells their cars for 300 under invoice straight up. Then on top of that Ford had a 500 rebate and a 750 coupon.
Old 5/25/10, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jaf

Thanks
Many have found around invoice price without a/x/d plan. I was quoted invoice +1000 (which is like MSRP -1500) before I found out I could get X-Plan, now I'm invoice +250. But I don't have a lot of dealers around, so they dont have to compete as much on price.
Old 5/25/10, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have any place to get the X Plan? There was a site on Blue Oval but I don't think people are putting the pins on there anymore?
Old 5/25/10, 02:02 PM

Mine was bought off the lot. The MSRP was $29,800 and I paid $26,114, which includes $1250 in rebates.
Old 5/25/10, 02:26 PM

So is x-plan $250 over invoice? I can qualify for it because of a stock purchase and now it looks like a membership with the Mustang Club of America may get you one. Details are supposed to be in the next issue of Mustang Times.

Hoping to get a V-6 Mustang Coupe for the wife when my F-250 is paid off in November. I'm assuming I should not request a brochure for a rebate until I get closer to the purchase time.
Old 5/25/10, 02:29 PM
Banned

im paying invoice---------
Old 5/25/10, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone on this forum will tell you that they got a great deal in and around invoice for their car. Trust me it's all B.S. dealers aren't dumb, they know Mustang fans will pay the premium and they always capitlize on it. Unless your buddy buddy with a dealer expect to pay around MSRP.

I know we all want to make ourselves look like we're shrewd bargainers but its hard to bargain when your trading in a mint 2009 Mustang Gt for a 2011 GT and taking a 10-15k dollar loss

I went to around 4 dealers here in CT and kicked tires to see what kind of deal I could get on a 2011 GT. When I offered invoice they all laughed at me.....seriously.

Last edited by black sunshine; 5/25/10 at 02:52 PM.
Old 5/25/10, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black sunshine
Everyone on this forum will tell you that they got a great deal in and around invoice for their car. Trust me it's all B.S. dealers aren't dumb, they know Mustang fans will pay the premium and they always capitlize on it. Unless your buddy buddy with a dealer expect to pay around MSRP.

I know we all want to make ourselves look like we're shrewd bargainers but its hard to bargain when your trading in a mint 2009 Mustang Gt for a 2011 GT and taking a 10-15k dollar loss

I went to around 4 dealers here in CT and kicked tires to see what kind of deal I could get on a 2011 GT. When I offered invoice they all laughed at me.....seriously.

IDK about you sunshine-----but when you purchase 8 new fords in 10 years----YOU PAY INVOICE!

AND THATS NO JIVE!
Old 5/25/10, 03:01 PM
Cobra R Member

If you still have the 2007 in your sig, sell the 2009 privately before talking to dealers.

With this great invention called the internet, you don't have to limit your purchase radius to just CT. If the dealer I purchased my '05 GT wasn't willing to sell me an '11 GT for invoice, I would have went w/ one of the dealers on this site.
Old 5/25/10, 03:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dud write Paul from Van Bortel in NY. He is Karpro on this forum. You will get the car 300 under invoice just like i did and that is no BS! Plus i have my car!
Old 5/25/10, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I too have to disagree with you. You don't offer invoice, you know what the price is, you line up financing ahead of time, you say "this car, this price, I have the money, do you want to sell a car?". If not, take your business elsewhere. More than anything, car prices are negotiable (within reason). Kicking the tires and throwing out an offer of invoice price will definitely get you laughed at, you aren't exactly driving the salesman to sell a car in that situation. Their job is to get the most money out of the car as possible, I wouldn't take your offer for invoice pricing either if you were just hanging around kicking tires.

Search their inventory, find the price of the car (holdback is 3% I believe with Ford still?), then call around AFTER you have already lined up financing and make your offer, take it or leave it. If you pay "around MSRP" you pay too much. A 2011 GT? Great. Like it was mentioned earlier, mass produced car. I'd sell you a car for less if I didn't have to work for it. Don't ask a sales guy to walk around with you for hours, test drive with you, review options, etc. and then try to get invoice pricing. You want full service, you pay for full service. If you can go without some amenities, then you can get some savings passed on to you.

There's not one person in this thread that hasn't presented a believable price for their cars. If you are having issues getting similar pricing, then I'm sure all of us here would jump all over helping you out in a heartbeat. Best of luck!
Old 5/25/10, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's really weird. I got mine right around invoice (thankfully), but I know not every dealer was willing to really hit it. The one I ended up going to was a relatively small dealership, and I used car buying services to quickly put out the invoice price which basically told them "This is what you have to compete with". If you can try that. Heck, with me all I had to do was check the USAA car buying service (which gave me a near invoice price quote) and then told it to hit up the three nearest dealers with an automated e-mail and bam, within about ten minutes I had an invoice quote.

There was some number fudging in there (even on the True Value graph, which gave invoice a bit above what the Vehicle Order Confirmation printout indicated), but I'm happy with the price. Again, there may have been contributing factors, such as the median income of the South and the fact that I picked a small dealership that was closer to country than suburbia, and that showroom was only big enough for two cars (and yes, one was a Mustang. The other was an F-150 I believe. No surprises here).

Quick Reply: So are you guys paying MSRP for the 2011...?