2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

SO am I the only one....

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/10, 06:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I bought my 2011 'vert, it replaced my DD Accord, and I fully intended to drive it every day. But I have an extra car (at least for now) and I have access to Accuweather.com, so I've found myself watching the weather and for two months have not driven my 2011 in any precipitation. If there's any rain predicted, I hop in the other car. I guess I'm getting spastic - I've only ever owned one car valued at over HALF of my vert's MSRP (my Accord that I bought for $23600) so excuse me if I am just a little spastic.

But that doesn't mean I don't pine for it - I am always thinking about driving it and hearing that 8-cylinder symphony waft all around me with the top down! The connection between one's right foot and one's neck snapping backwards is exhilarating!

I am figuring I've just been lucky because the weather's been kind of dry. It's only a matter of time before my perfect paint and spotless cloth top become besmirched, and then maybe I'll mellow out. Whatever, it's all good, and I am enjoying the heck out of this car!
Old 8/5/10, 08:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool Stating the "Obvious"?

Originally Posted by MusicMan66
A buddy of mine is like this. He has an '06 and it has never seen the rain, snow, sleet, etc. My '09 has more miles on it than his. I kind of understand that mentality, but I got mine to be a daily driver, so I DO drive it daily!
My 2006 has never seen rain etc.
I do this because I have no intention of ever selling it.

Originally Posted by jetlag
I rarely drive my "toys." I had a 2002 Camaro Z28 that was quick for the mods it had(11.02), and only put 4500 miles on it after owning it 2.5 years.

csledd is partially right about me being worried something would happen to it. If I walked out to my car and noticed someone had opened their door onto the car and messed it up, I'd probably start crying right there in the parking lot. And to keep the miles low. I traded in my 2008 F150 "daily driver" for this Mustang and it only had 12,800 miles on it in a little over 2 years.
My truck averages about the same amount of miles.
But also, part of me doesn't care about it. Sure it is a very nice car and Ford really stepped up, but I don't need it.. Hah. Luckily I paid cash for it. If I was paying notes on it, obviously I'd want to drive it more and not have a garage queen.
This is the statement I don't understand.
I have cars I don't need. I have cars I paid cash for.
I don't understand what the note has to do with the driving.
Why would you "obviously" want to drive it more if you were paying notes on it.
This has never affected my decisions. It is not obvious to me.
Could you explain please.
Old 8/5/10, 10:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman

This is the statement I don't understand.
I have cars I don't need. I have cars I paid cash for.
I don't understand what the note has to do with the driving.
Why would you "obviously" want to drive it more if you were paying notes on it.
This has never affected my decisions. It is not obvious to me.
Could you explain please.
Maybe if you're in a position where you have to make payments on a vehicle, you're more likely to want to drive the vehicle instead of letting it sit and collect dust?
Old 8/6/10, 06:22 AM
Cobra R Member

I sort of relaxed my tune when selling my previous car, my ’06 Accord V6 w/68K miles. It was daily-driven, but always garage-kept and I took pride in keeping it in like-new condition. I’d intended to keep it “forever”, giving it to my daughter in 6 more years when she turned 16.

Then I test drove a 2010 Mustang GT, and subsequently bought my 2011. Plans change – I couldn’t have the Mustang and keep the Accord. Anyway, what sort of changed me a little was the words of my Accord’s grateful buyer ringing in my ears just as he pulled away in it: “Thanks for taking such good care of MY car!”

Ouch.
Old 8/6/10, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still get the same feeling..as a matter of fact I am planning a long cruise today. Unfortuanately tomorrow will be spent getting the bug crap off the front and mirrors. Oh well its time for its annual clay bar routine.
Old 8/6/10, 10:51 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Maybe if you're in a position where you have to make payments on a vehicle, you're more likely to want to drive the vehicle instead of letting it sit and collect dust?
Thank you for trying explain your statement.
But if you are in the position where you don't HAVE to make payments...
How would you know?
Have you been in that position before and felt that way? That would explain it completely.
I guess all I am rambling at is that I certainly never felt that way.
I have in the past had several cars that for various reasons had a loans on them.
It never affected my driving decisions one way or the other.
Some sat just because I'm only one person and can't drive all my cars all the time.