Search this Thread

Old 2/20/14, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
tick all the box as much as you can...
Old 2/20/14, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I opted for the camera because I want to be able to see directly behind the car when backing in case there's a kid, dog or something else there. (I have 3 kids & 2 dogs myself.) It's cheap, looks great, works great and could save a life so I think it's a steal at twice the price. I got the security package because of it's value. The alarm alone would cost twice the price aftermarket and you get the sensors with it, which I actually like the look of. It has saved me a couple of times in weird parking/backing situations at night and when visibility is poor. I like it so much I'm installing front sensors so I don't ever curb my front p/s wheel again.
Old 2/20/14, 02:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
I say go with both. Have them on my car, and they are very helpful. Well worth the money in my opinion. Plus, with the camera you get a much nicer spoiler.

Last edited by wanted33; 2/20/14 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2/20/14, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I always felt the sensors were useless without a camera, and the camera always requires a video display in the dash, which I hate. The in-mirror displays never did it for me, either.

I can see it on a much larger vehicle...
Old 2/20/14, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I prefer the NAV cam as well.
Old 2/20/14, 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have just the sensors without the camera. In all honesty, I never would have bought it. It was on the car that had all the other options I did want so It was like a nice extra. Now that I have it, I really like it. I don't like cameras because I'd rather turn my head and luck but the beep let's my know if something is below my line of sight. It's one of the features of my car I would have never opted for but love now.
Old 2/20/14, 04:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Whatever happened to rear- and side-view mirrors? I'm not about to pay money for something I've been doing successfully for the last 25 years of my life.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
Spend the money on mods or pay your car insurance off for the year instead.
Good luck.
Old 2/20/14, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living in the Washington DC metro area, I would never order a new car again and NOT get the sensors, or at least get the camera.
Old 2/20/14, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Both. Poor rear visibility, especially with quarter window louvers.
Old 2/20/14, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I love the mirror camera, it's not as good as the MFT camera in my wife's Edge but it does help with the limited rear visibility in the Mustang.
Old 2/20/14, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
I say neither. A lot of these driving / parking aids can enable you to get lazy & your skills diminish. I turn off the traction control in our 2013 just to ensure that I'm giving the task of driving all the attention it deserves.
Hog wash. And computers have made me forget how to write.

OP, most of these people regret not getting the two systems. So they rag on them to justify their omission. Bottom line is that they are BOTH must haves.

And fwiw I typically ignore the beeps and use the mirrors as normal. But the times I need the beep or camera have been priceless. And again the security systems alone pays for the whole thing.
Old 2/20/14, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Relax, if you need or want a camera and sensors etc do it. The OP asked peoples thoughts on if he should order it. I and others said no. I have no need to show friends a cool camera in the mirror and I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. I do agree the spoiler for the camera is nicer than my stock one however, I wouldn't want those sensor circles all over the back of my car.
Who's not relaxed. I simply pointed out the silliness in your argument and then moved on addressing the OP's question. On edge are we?
Old 2/20/14, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I always felt the sensors were useless without a camera, and the camera always requires a video display in the dash, which I hate. The in-mirror displays never did it for me, either. I can see it on a much larger vehicle...
Originally Posted by zeroaviation
I prefer the NAV cam as well.
I feel the opposite. Bouncing your eyes back and forth between mirrors a screen is dangerous vs being able to see the mirror and screen in the same view. The cam gives a different prospective than the mirror and the sensors are there when depth is in doubt.
Old 2/20/14, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Spend the money on mods or pay your car insurance off for the year instead. Good luck.
Funny you mention insurance. Both cam and sec pkg lowered mine significantly.

Not really sure if your option choices are very credible, you did opt for the rs3 after all .

Last edited by typesredline; 2/21/14 at 07:28 AM.
Old 2/20/14, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Camera. All day long.
Old 2/20/14, 10:52 PM

Thanks for all the replies, a few of you mentioned with the camera you will get a better looking spoiler, one of the options that I checked is the group #5 witch includes the side widow louvers, side scoops, and rear petistal spoiler. Is the camera available with the the petistal spoiler? I did not order the electronics package so the camera would be thru the rear view mirror, is that correct? A lot of good points were brought up, still deciding, looking for more opinions.

Thanks
Old 2/21/14, 02:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Relax, if you need or want a camera and sensors etc do it. The OP asked peoples thoughts on if he should order it. I and others said no. I have no need to show friends a cool camera in the mirror and I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. I do agree the spoiler for the camera is nicer than my stock one however, I wouldn't want those sensor circles all over the back of my car.
Well said.
Old 2/21/14, 02:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Hog wash. And computers have made me forget how to write.

OP, most of these people regret not getting the two systems. So they rag on them to justify their omission. Bottom line is that they are BOTH must haves.
No. They are not. I just don't understand the overwhelming need for something that your neck and eyeballs do just fine. As far as security systems, if you honestly believe Ford's system is better than the aftermarket options out there, more power to you. You're clearly convinced your opinions are correct, so have a nice day.
Old 2/21/14, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by featurecar50
Thanks for all the replies, a few of you mentioned with the camera you will get a better looking spoiler, one of the options that I checked is the group #5 witch includes the side widow louvers, side scoops, and rear petistal spoiler. Is the camera available with the the petistal spoiler? I did not order the electronics package so the camera would be thru the rear view mirror, is that correct? A lot of good points were brought up, still deciding, looking for more opinions. Thanks
Yes without the nav the cam will go to the rear view mirror. Spoiler wise, when I originally built a mustang online I wanted the pedestal spoiler. But honestly now when I see them I am so glad I got the one I did. It's cleaner looking.

As far as the pkg goes, I'd assume they would remove the pkg #5 if you got the cam and then you would just add the side scoops and louvers a la cart.
Old 2/21/14, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
No. They are not. I just don't understand the overwhelming need for something that your neck and eyeballs do just fine. As far as security systems, if you honestly believe Ford's system is better than the aftermarket options out there, more power to you. You're clearly convinced your opinions are correct, so have a nice day.
So because you don't understand that makes it crazy for anyone to get the options? In the 1400's people didn't understand how the world could be round.

Just because you choose to look and use your eyes and neck (which still won't see the 2yr old in the power wheels behind you while backing up) that doesn't make it fact that they are stupid options.

Nothing I have said on this thread implies fact. It is all very clearly my opinion which is what the OP asked for. If you interpret that differently, that's not my issue.

You back up devilcan who was all stressed because he didn't like my opinion, preach about opinion, but then say things like "No. They are not." That sir is a definitive factual tone.

In the real world technology is designed to enhance out lives. Whether it's medical technology or email or the phone that I'm posting this on. If people had the mind set that you do we would still be in the Stone Age. The sensors and camera enhance what our eyes and necks CANT do. Like it or not that part is fact.

As far as the alarm goes yes. It is top notch. I find you inconsistent cynicism amusing. Everything aftermarket isn't automatically better. Look at the air box. The alarm in this pkg is a real deal shock sensor alarm with a flawless oem quality install. Are there fancier features out there like a remote with LCD screen or glass break mics? Sure. But I challenge you to find an equal quality alarm for less in the aftermarket with an install even half as good.

Quick Reply: Should I order the rear view camera or rear sensing opton, Yes or No