Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Should I order the rear view camera or rear sensing opton, Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/14, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
So because you don't understand that makes it crazy for anyone to get the options? In the 1400's people didn't understand how the world could be round.

Just because you choose to look and use your eyes and neck (which still won't see the 2yr old in the power wheels behind you while backing up) that doesn't make it fact that they are stupid options.

Nothing I have said on this thread implies fact. It is all very clearly my opinion which is what the OP asked for. If you interpret that differently, that's not my issue.

You back up devilcan who was all stressed because he didn't like my opinion, preach about opinion, but then say things like "No. They are not." That sir is a definitive factual tone.

In the real world technology is designed to enhance out lives. Whether it's medical technology or email or the phone that I'm posting this on. If people had the mind set that you do we would still be in the Stone Age. The sensors and camera enhance what our eyes and necks CANT do. Like it or not that part is fact.

As far as the alarm goes yes. It is top notch. I find you inconsistent cynicism amusing. Everything aftermarket isn't automatically better. Look at the air box. The alarm in this pkg is a real deal shock sensor alarm with a flawless oem quality install. Are there fancier features out there like a remote with LCD screen or glass break mics? Sure. But I challenge you to find an equal quality alarm for less in the aftermarket with an install even half as good.
Are you 12? Where did I say I didn't like your oppinnion? You are the one saying peoples oppinnions are "silly" and this comes from someone who finds a Roush to be ricey looking.
Old 2/21/14, 08:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by featurecar50
Hi,

I just oredred a 2014 Mustang today, The salesman told me I had a couple of days to add any options if I wanted to. I got thinking about the rear camera or the rear sensing option. What do you all think, is it worth the extra money or not. Any opinions? pros or cons?

Thanks
Congrats again, featurecar50! Don’t forget to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 2/21/14, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Are you 12? Where did I say I didn't like your oppinnion? You are the one saying peoples oppinnions are "silly" and this comes from someone who finds a Roush to be ricey looking.
The rs3 comment was in a joking spirit from a previous thread, hence the wink. But yes I find it ricey. It's an opinion. Never did I try to push that opinion on anyone. To answer your question (Where did I say I didn't like your oppinnion?) I think you can find it in the same exact post (this comes from someone who finds a Roush to be ricey looking.) You are taking my opinion of the rs3 looks and judging me as a person because you believe they are wrong. Your tone implies this, aka. you don't like my opinion.

But for some reason all of this gets lost in translation on forums. People get so adamant about their opinion (I've been guilty too) that they turn their opinion to fact. Readers are naturally on the defensive and have harsh reactions to someone that meant no harm.

I think this is what happened here. I didn't say your opinion was silly. I said your example was silly because you are justifying not needing something new because the old way works just fine. That logic will stifle innovation and is silly. Your opinion however of not needing either is not, it is your right to believe. The remaining part of that post was simply my personal reasoning for getting the options in question. Your original response to said post seemed to take it the wrong way. The above post proves you took it the wrong way. So hopefully you read this thoroughly and understand the intent.

And for the record, I am not 12. Not sure a 12 yr old would have graduate level analysis and writing skills.

Back to topic...

Last edited by typesredline; 2/21/14 at 10:49 AM.
Old 2/21/14, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for all the replys, If someone has the camera option could you take a picture of the spoiler and and the camera eye? Also if someone has the rear sensing option could someone take a few pics of the rear bumper cover as well? I would like to see the placement of these sensors.

Thanks
Old 2/21/14, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Congrats again, featurecar50! Don’t forget to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Hi Deysha,

As soon as I receive the order number I will let you know.

Thanks again
Old 2/21/14, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks again for all the replys, If someone has the camera option could you take a picture of the spoiler and and the camera eye? Also if someone has the rear sensing option could someone take a few pics of the rear bumper cover as well? I would like to see the placement of these sensors. Thanks
I'll try to get some pics in a bit. For now I can do my best to describe them. The sensors are not flush like on a Lexus for example. But they are small and blend in well. The camera is obvious but it's IN the wing. It doesn't hang down like some SUV cameras.
Old 2/21/14, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks again for all the replys, If someone has the camera option could you take a picture of the spoiler and and the camera eye? Also if someone has the rear sensing option could someone take a few pics of the rear bumper cover as well? I would like to see the placement of these sensors.

Thanks

I have the camera. Brb with the photos.
Old 2/21/14, 11:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The eye is right above the third brake light, the spoiler is also my favorite of all 13-14s that I've seen and I dig the look of the sensors:
Should I order the rear view camera or rear sensing opton, Yes or No-image-593655728.jpg
EDIT: angled spoiler pic:
Should I order the rear view camera or rear sensing opton, Yes or No-image-1036063315.jpg

Last edited by wheelman; 2/21/14 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2/21/14, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Name:  0E56328A-6078-45E6-98DE-70E59ABACD61_zps192fde60.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  200.2 KBName:  EB50EFA3-FE52-4E5F-AE75-C50D3E418ADF_zps6jnpzl6b.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  153.7 KB
Old 2/21/14, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I love the camera. It saved me today when backing out next to a suv that was blocking my view. If I did not have it, it could have been an accident. I would not have seen the car in time without it. When I was searching for a silver mustang and found that one and learned of the camera, I knew it was the one for me.
Old 2/21/14, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

i get to add mine too the list... a diff angle

Name:  AdnoovF.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  225.5 KB
Old 2/21/14, 04:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Funny you mention insurance. Both cam and sec pkg lowered mine significantly.
Common sense would tell you that a "security package" would get a discount on that car insurance. What percentage discount are you getting because of the camera?
Old 2/21/14, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
I love the camera. It saved me today when backing out next to a suv that was blocking my view. If I did not have it, it could have been an accident. I would not have seen the car in time without it. When I was searching for a silver mustang and found that one and learned of the camera, I knew it was the one for me.
I find it hard to believe that without the camera you would have had an accident. If you were looking with your head turned like we've done for decades you would have been just fine!

Kidding...lol

Last edited by typesredline; 2/21/14 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2/21/14, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
i get to add mine too the list... a diff angle
Someone get the top of the spoiler. That's the best part! It's raining here so I couldn't get out for one
Old 2/21/14, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Common sense would tell you that a "security package" would get a discount on that car insurance. What percentage discount are you getting because of the camera?
Don't remember % but it went down about $6 a month for the cam alone. Nothing crazy but still pretty sweet.

Last edited by typesredline; 2/21/14 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2/21/14, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I find it hard to believe that without the camera you would have had an accident. If you were looking with your head turned like we've done for decades you would have been just fine!

Kidding...lol

The other car was coming fast and by the time I would have backed out far enough to see around the large vehicle parked next to me, it could have been too late. Even with the camera, I still look with my head turned. With the way people drive in this town, you can't count on them stopping. This is the smallest town I have lived. Only 3 traffic lights, yet it has the worst drivers.
Old 2/21/14, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
The other car was coming fast and by the time I would have backed out far enough to see around the large vehicle parked next to me, it could have been too late. Even with the camera, I still look with my head turned. With the way people drive in this town, you can't count on them stopping. This is the smallest town I have lived. Only 3 traffic lights, yet it has the worst drivers.
Glad you and the car are ok. My purpose was to use sarcasm to show that the camera is useful in places where the traditional turned head wouldn't cut it.
Old 2/22/14, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
No. They are not. I just don't understand the overwhelming need for something that your neck and eyeballs do just fine. As far as security systems, if you honestly believe Ford's system is better than the aftermarket options out there, more power to you. You're clearly convinced your opinions are correct, so have a nice day.

Kco, I'll try to help you understand a little. This car as most know is the Wifey's. Quite a few years back she was hit head on by a moron that shouldn't be allowed to breath. Her injuries included a cracked C2 vertebrae. Thank the Lord there were no paralyzes, but a fusion was necessary making turning her head fully to the side very difficult. So, the sensors are a God send for her.

Last edited by wanted33; 2/24/14 at 12:52 PM.
Old 2/22/14, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the rear view camera, not as crazy about the sensors, but they both work very well.
Old 2/22/14, 05:57 PM
GT Member

I would go with the back up camera. I am kinda sorry I didn't now that I have had the car a while.

Quick Reply: Should I order the rear view camera or rear sensing opton, Yes or No