2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shelby GTS road test

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/12, 09:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by youngstang90
You say why get a v6 and modify it instead of getting the GT....

Why does anyone get a GT and modify it instead of getting the GT500?
I'm getting a GT500, and I couldn't have said it better. To each his own. A GT 5.0 is piddly garbage compared to a lot of cars out there. Hell, my GT500 will have it's head handed to it by other cars out there. There will ALWAYS be a faster car than the one you drive. Always. If the v6 guy wants to get a v6 and mod it, what right does anyone have to tell him he should have bought a 5.0? Maybe his modded v6 does things your v8 won't do. No point in talking down to anyone because of what they drive.
Old 2/22/12, 10:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

I'm getting a GT500, and I couldn't have said it better. To each his own. A GT 5.0 is piddly garbage compared to a lot of cars out there. Hell, my GT500 will have it's head handed to it by other cars out there. There will ALWAYS be a faster car than the one you drive. Always. If the v6 guy wants to get a v6 and mod it, what right does anyone have to tell him he should have bought a 5.0? Maybe his modded v6 does things your v8 won't do. No point in talking down to anyone because of what they drive.
I drive a Mustang. Does anything else really matter? Lol
:Poke:
Old 2/22/12, 10:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by jmillz
The difference between financing a 23k car to a 32k is about a $160 difference per month. It is perfectly reasonable to be able to afford a $340 payment, but not be able to comfortably afford a $500 payment.

Once someone has some more extra money 1-2 years down the road, it is perfectly normal to want to upgrade their v6 to go a bit faster.
He didn't say he got the v-6 because the payments would be low enough to afford, he said that he couldn't get approved for a GT..

Originally Posted by wheelman
Theres a big difference between an additional, financed $5-7k & parts you can pick up a little at a time with your spare cash. And its not just about how much youre willing to pay. I couldnt get approved for a GT for my first Stang even if Id wanted to. So you want to tell me some more about how stupid I am?
which was the point I was trying to make when I said that if a person's financial situation/credit availability was at the point that they couldn't even get an extra $5-7K financed, then they're not really in a good enough financial position to be buying even a $25K car. At that point, its time to keep driving what you have or buy a cheap used car, and keep working and saving for a few more years until you are in a better financial situation.

Hell, that's one of the reasons the country is in the shape it is now. People bought as much stuff on credit as they possibly could get their hands on and left no safety net for when an emergency (or financial crisis) came up.

I agree with you completely on a person buying a v-6 because the payments fit into their budget, that is absolutely fine. But buying a car that pretty much maxes your credit out is foolish.

That's just my opinion, I think I'm still entitled to one. Everyone sees things differently, and if people want to do that, have at it. Just don't start protesting in the streets and expect me to pay more for everything because they ****ed up.
Old 2/22/12, 10:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
This whole thread is off track.

I think it'd be easier to change the title of the thread than to get it back on topic.

Old 2/22/12, 11:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never figured out why some of the GT guys are so afraid of a modded V6. That's the only reason I can come up with for them to be so down on the V6 guys who like to mod their cars, fear or jealousy or some twisted reason like that.

Really just silly of them.
Old 2/22/12, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I have never figured out why some of the GT guys are so afraid of a modded V6. That's the only reason I can come up with for them to be so down on the V6 guys who like to mod their cars, fear or jealousy or some twisted reason like that.

Really just silly of them.
It's simple really. There isn't any respect for the V6. The Mustang has history and that history was written with a V8. You V6 owners are not going to want to hear this but I'd say that most Mustang owners with a V8 don't consider the V6 or V4 to be Mustangs. Sorry
Old 2/23/12, 01:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
It's simple really. There isn't any respect for the V6. The Mustang has history and that history was written with a V8. You V6 owners are not going to want to hear this but I'd say that most Mustang owners with a V8 don't consider the V6 or V4 to be Mustangs. Sorry
^^ True. Theres vancouver mustangs forum for vancouver canada, when I told them I have a 08 V6 they judged me, belittled my taste, put me down saying if its not a V8 I shouldn't be driving this grandma car

owners here dont judge I like that.

Last edited by HizliBullet; 2/23/12 at 02:01 AM.
Old 2/23/12, 04:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Theres a big difference between an additional, financed $5-7k & parts you can pick up a little at a time with your spare cash. And its not just about how much youre willing to pay. I couldnt get approved for a GT for my first Stang even if Id wanted to. So you want to tell me some more about how stupid I am?
absolutely not.. Never said anything about anyone being 'stupid' for buying a 6.. Sorry if I offended you.. It was not meant to.. Its just forum discussion..
Old 2/23/12, 04:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
What insurance company is this?
Grundy collector insurance..

http://www.grundy.com/

Last edited by topbliss; 2/23/12 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2/23/12, 04:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I know that if your financial situation is at the point that you can't even get credit to buy a $30-32K car, you probably shouldn't be buying a $23-25K car.

And I'm talking about people in general, not just you. You just happened to be the one that said he couldn't get a GT financed, but could a V-6.
Guess what? Six years of V6 payments helped push my credit up so that I could get approved for the GT, another reason it was the right move for me. Available cash and credit rating are 2 different things. Could I have made a GT payment? Sure, but not comfortably. Should I have driven some sh*tbox for another 6 years or a nice, new, torquey Mustang. It was a no-brainer IMHO. You dont seem to know jack about financing and you sure dont know me, so leave it alone.
Old 2/23/12, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

LOL. It's so ignorant, but true. I laugh my *** off tho, when I think that there are some people on this forum that would say my car is not a "real mustang" but a V8 Mustang II is.

Just doesn't make sense. BTW, spending as much as the difference on a GT in mods?? ONLY if you are supercharging it. CAI/Tune/Exhaust is ~$1500.... the GT is $7500 more....where did you learn math?

Honestly, I find these threads entertaining, and love to see that the VAST majority of the people that come on here and bash the new 6's are those with '09 and older GT's (plus Al and tbone ). I don't see any 5.0 owners saying they aren't real mustangs. Just an observation.
Old 2/23/12, 07:00 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
This whole thread is off track.

I think it'd be easier to change the title of the thread than to get it back on topic.

That's why I said IBTL. It won't be long. V6 haters come on and bash the 6ers, 6ers retaliate, things get heated, thread gets closed.

My guess, by tomorrow morning this will be closed.

And yes, WAY off topic from the thread title.... lol. Now we're into finances and what a person from the internet can or can't afford.

LOL.

Either way, it's a good entertaining read for my long boring work day...at least while the thread remains open. Keep it going boys!

Old 2/23/12, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
Grundy collector insurance..

http://www.grundy.com/
Really? How many miles do they allow you to drive your car?

Maybe thats why you pay so little...

That's not even remotely close to a daily drive type of insurance policy.

My dad has the same type of insurance on his vintage truck, I know all about it.

Nice....

& I'm not even going to get into this V6 conversation. It's a lost cause.

Last edited by theACE; 2/23/12 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2/23/12, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

That's why I said IBTL. It won't be long. V6 haters come on and bash the 6ers, 6ers retaliate, things get heated, thread gets closed.

My guess, by tomorrow morning this will be closed.
Where is cinque35 w/his "In before the lock" gif?
Old 2/23/12, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

???
Old 2/24/12, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

.. I honestly have no clue why anyone would even consider a v6 Mustang.. Dead serious..
Because for $22K they can have a brand new really cool American icon of a car w/305 Hp (only 10 less than your motor) that'll run the qtr mile in under 14 seconds and outrun more than half of the 50 fastest classic American Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's in a straight line (almost all of them in the twisties) and still get 31 mpg on the highway...stock...Dead serious.

Last edited by dafreeze; 2/24/12 at 07:44 AM.
Old 2/24/12, 07:52 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I liked the sound for a V6, well at least in the video. The tire choice struck me as odd though unless they are trying to market the GTS as some sort of track day car?
Old 2/24/12, 08:05 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

you are missing torque that the bad sounding 6 don't have that the mean sounding v8 has.. I honestly have no clue why anyone would even consider a v6 Mustang.. Dead serious..
A variety of reasons for it with entry price probably being the biggest factor and you have people who really have no need for 400 plus HP.

IMO I don't think the V6 stan is a bad choice. On paper it has as much power as the 05-09 GT as well as as the SN95 Cobras and the New Edge Machs.
Old 2/24/12, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

It's mostly how people look at it, unless it has. V8 they don't think it a muscle car no matter how much horsepower it has.
Old 2/24/12, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

?????

Last edited by yugoboss; 2/24/12 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Shelby GTS road test