2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shelby GTS road test

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/12, 04:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive heard some great sounding sixxers; just not that one. Bashing anyone's ride is lame but bashing a sweet-looking, 305hp Mustang is just dumb. Ive smoked a ton of cars in almost stock 05 & 07s. Nothing major, but they aint no wussies.
Old 2/22/12, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
Agree... If the buyer is looking for performance. For fuel economy/daily drivability

thats fine if you drove one ever day and left it stock. But a lot of the v6 owners are pouring $$ into to make them fast(and lose any sort of fuel economy) but in reality the $$ they send they could have bought a GT and have $$ left over and still be not as fast or sound as good as the GT. No offense personally to any v6 owners. I just cannot figure one good reason to get one.. then modify it ..
Old 2/22/12, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Storm75
Maybe someone like me - who knows his late model V6 Mustang would eat your 2007 GT for breakfast! Dead serious...
ya think?? lol..
Old 2/22/12, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Ive heard some great sounding sixxers; just not that one. Bashing anyone's ride is lame but bashing a sweet-looking, 305hp Mustang is just dumb. Ive smoked a ton of cars in almost stock 05 & 07s. Nothing major, but they aint no wussies.

I hear ya.. 6's do have a place.. They are fine machines stock for economy. But if you sink thousands into one to make it *almost* as fast as a stock GT and lose any gas mileage you had over the v8 AND you have a silly sounding exhaust AND the value of the car will never be anywhere the v8.. Again I ask WHY? Someone give a concrete reason to modify a v6? please. Just one good reason.. And don't use the incorrect "cheaper insurance" cause that ain't true either.. And no one is bashing the v6's. I am just yappin on the net. so relax all you v6 guys.. WE are all Mustang lovers..
Old 2/22/12, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang y'all...this isn't mustang fight club! I'll step out and say I thought it sounded ok...Id drive it! I think v8 owners get used to their sound and then that is the norm...everything else sounds weird. I have a 6 cyl cummins truck and I always think the V8 diesels sound messed up. Does it really, probably not. I prefer quiet cars anyway so I assume the reason this GTS offends so many is because it is an overly loud V6. If it were silent and performed as well it may have more fans? Any V8 owner that thinks v6's cant perform take your car to the Nissan GTR!
Old 2/22/12, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss

Someone give a concrete reason to modify a v6? please. Just one good reason.:
Ill give you mine: I couldnt afford a GT when I got my first 6 but wanted more out of my baby, which I suspect is the case with many sixxers. What on Earth is wrong with that? And for those that prefer a V6 for whatever reason, should they not mod their baby either?. I dont understand how you dont understand.
Old 2/22/12, 07:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again I ask WHY? Someone give a concrete reason to modify a v6? please. Just one good reason.. And don't use the incorrect "cheaper insurance" cause that ain't true either.. And no one is bashing the v6's. I am just yappin on the net. so relax all you v6 guys.. WE are all Mustang lovers..

I ask "WHY THE HELL NOT"?

It's the same reason guys mod the GT, they want more out of it.

Why don't you get that?

And the insurance sure is less for V6 cars, I just got quotes and the V6 is a couple hundred less a year than the V6 and I'm not a under 25 kid either.

And you are bashing V6 owners by talking down to them like you are, ridiculing them for wanting to mod their car.
Old 2/22/12, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

Ill give you mine: I couldnt afford a GT when I got my first 6 but wanted more out of my baby, which I suspect is the case with many sixxers. What on Earth is wrong with that? And for those that prefer a V6 for whatever reason, should they not mod their baby either?. I dont understand how you dont understand.

What I don't understand is... Spending $$ to modify a v6 when in reality for the extra $$ spent, you could have purchased a GT.. Why not just bite the bullet and get the GT to start with? I'm not busting on you, Im dead serious. I see all these v6's at shows with blowers, etc etc which drives the cost to over a GT and they still are not as fast or worth as much in the long run..
Old 2/22/12, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

not bashing you.. Serious.. It just does not add up... I pay less then your v6 for my car insurance too. I pay $425 a year for full coverage with no deductible

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I ask "WHY THE HELL NOT"?

It's the same reason guys mod the GT, they want more out of it.

Why don't you get that?

And the insurance sure is less for V6 cars, I just got quotes and the V6 is a couple hundred less a year than the V6 and I'm not a under 25 kid either.

And you are bashing V6 owners by talking down to them like you are, ridiculing them for wanting to mod their car.
Old 2/22/12, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What I don't understand is... Spending $$ to modify a v6 when in reality for the extra $$ spent, you could have purchased a GT.. Why not just bite the bullet and get the GT to start with? I'm not busting on you, Im dead serious. I see all these v6's at shows with blowers, etc etc which drives the cost to over a GT and they still are not as fast or worth as much in the long run..
Theres a big difference between an additional, financed $5-7k & parts you can pick up a little at a time with your spare cash. And its not just about how much youre willing to pay. I couldnt get approved for a GT for my first Stang even if Id wanted to. So you want to tell me some more about how stupid I am?
Old 2/22/12, 07:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Theres a big difference between an additional, financed $5-7k & parts you can pick up a little at a time with your spare cash. And its not just about how much youre willing to pay. I couldnt get approved for a GT for my first Stang even if Id wanted to. So you want to tell me some more about how stupid I am?
I'd say that if you're so close to the borderline that you can't even get financing for an extra $5-7K, you're not really in a financial position to be buying a new car that cost as much as the v-6 does. Not trying to offend anyone, but that's just the way I see it.
Old 2/22/12, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not bashing you.. Serious.. It just does not add up... I pay less then your v6 for my car insurance too. I pay $425 a year for full coverage with no deductible
What insurance company is this?
Old 2/22/12, 07:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I'd say that if you're so close to the borderline that you can't even get financing for an extra $5-7K, you're not really in a financial position to be buying a new car that cost as much as the v-6 does. Not trying to offend anyone, but that's just the way I see it.
So now youre going to tell me what I can and cant afford without knowing any of my financial particulars or myself, for that matter? Wow. I seemed to make it through six years of payments just fine, so you know what you can do with your financial advice. Sixxer haters. Gotta love 'em...or not.
Old 2/22/12, 08:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
So now youre going to tell me what I can and cant afford without knowing any of my financial particulars or myself, for that matter? Wow. I seemed to make it through six years of payments just fine, so you know what you can do with your financial advice. Sixxer haters. Gotta love 'em...or not.
I know that if your financial situation is at the point that you can't even get credit to buy a $30-32K car, you probably shouldn't be buying a $23-25K car.

And I'm talking about people in general, not just you. You just happened to be the one that said he couldn't get a GT financed, but could a V-6.
Old 2/22/12, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's about as nice as lee has ever said anything.
Old 2/22/12, 08:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pay $425 a year for full coverage with no deductible
So, now you're telling fairy tales too?
Old 2/22/12, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
$425/year, no deductible? Seriously, what insurance company does this? I'm 39, have a perfect driving record (yes, perfect) and drive a jeep and a 4-cyl safety special. The 4-cylinder alone, with all it's safety discounts, is over $425/year for me. I've shopped for insurance rates. I get just about the best rates possible because of my record and credit over 800. Simply put, ain't no way you're paying $425/year on a V8 mustang. Ain't no way. That's a tall, tall tale there.
Old 2/22/12, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What insurance company is this?
The one that only exists in his head and on the internet.

Hey man, some advice, if you want to lie about something on the internet to try and justify your irrational form of thinking, at least use something somewhat believable.

Last edited by jmillz; 2/22/12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 2/22/12, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I know that if your financial situation is at the point that you can't even get credit to buy a $30-32K car, you probably shouldn't be buying a $23-25K car.

And I'm talking about people in general, not just you. You just happened to be the one that said he couldn't get a GT financed, but could a V-6.
The difference between financing a 23k car to a 32k is about a $160 difference per month. It is perfectly reasonable to be able to afford a $340 payment, but not be able to comfortably afford a $500 payment.

Once someone has some more extra money 1-2 years down the road, it is perfectly normal to want to upgrade their v6 to go a bit faster.
Old 2/22/12, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

thats fine if you drove one ever day and left it stock. But a lot of the v6 owners are pouring $$ into to make them fast(and lose any sort of fuel economy) but in reality the $$ they send they could have bought a GT and have $$ left over and still be not as fast or sound as good as the GT. No offense personally to any v6 owners. I just cannot figure one good reason to get one.. then modify it ..
You say why get a v6 and modify it instead of getting the GT....

Why does anyone get a GT and modify it instead of getting the GT500?

Everyone is going to want to make their car better. Regardless of what motor it has. Making it better doesn't necessarily mean adding power, but it could mean adding style and personalization. To each his own...I keep a 6 as my DD...I plan on procharging it at some point...not to 'beat a GT', but so that I can have more fun with the car that I already love. We all have the same car...just something different under the hood, and a few different emblems....why bash each other.

Last edited by youngstang90; 2/22/12 at 09:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Shelby GTS road test