Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Share your '10+ Mustang Stories!

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/10, 09:28 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Share your '10+ Mustang Stories!

I made this thread because is my first stang, and even after only a month of ownership the experiences I've had in it have been unlike any other. So I wanted to share some of mine, and more importantly hear some of yours! Here goes...

Last Friday, I wanted to strectch her legs a lil bit since I was toward the end of engine break in. Two cars were getting on the onramp in front of so I slowed down and waited till they got about a 1/8 mi down the onramp. It was 10pm and no other cars were out with two passengers in my 5.0. I do a slow rollout in 1st (TCS full ON) during the turn on the ramp @ about 10mph. Then I gun it! WOT through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th! I'm doing about 85mph when one of the cars who got on the onramp before me starts to swerve into another lane and slams on her brakes. She was terrified. All she saw was headlights approaching QUICK and she prolly heard the exhaust too .

In hindsight that was a bonehead move on my part. But I really I just underestimated how fast this car is. I did not think I would catch another car who is already going freeway speed that quick.

Then today I'm at a stop light and an older woman in a van on the side of the road was stopped as well. There was no median so we were right next to each other. I was on the phone with my Mom and I see the lady in the van start beckoning and gesturing wildy with her arms. She starts pointing at the hood of my car any heart drops. I'm thinking, "Oh no. Did I hit something? Is smoke coming from the hood?" I lower my window and she yells out, "Blue! I love this BLUE!" I laughed and tried to say thank you but she kept going on. "Blue is my favorite color!" Then my light turns green but the lady was still talking about the color. I tried to accelerate slowly and tell her to have a nice day, but she was just dumbfounded by the color lol. Classic
Old 7/27/10, 09:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My story is I bought a 2011 GT 6spd on July 20th. It has less than 200 miles on it and sits in my garage as a fancy, expensive ornament. Hah

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Then today I'm at a stop light and an older woman in a van on the side of the road was stopped as well. There was no median so we were right next to each other. I was on the phone with my Mom and I see the lady in the van start beckoning and gesturing wildy with her arms. She starts pointing at the hood of my car any heart drops. I'm thinking, "Oh no. Did I hit something? Is smoke coming from the hood?" I lower my window and she yells out, "Blue! I love this BLUE!" I laughed and tried to say thank you but she kept going on. "Blue is my favorite color!" Then my light turns green but the lady was still talking about the color. I tried to accelerate slowly and tell her to have a nice day, but she was just dumbfounded by the color lol. Classic
If you didn't get a phone number or some sort of date/booty call, you failed and this story sucks.

j/k

Last edited by jetlag; 7/27/10 at 10:30 PM.
Old 7/27/10, 11:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a love/hate relationship with my GT/CS so far. I love the cars looks and its performance but I hate trying to be a somewhat responsible adult with such a capable set of wheels.

Here's a story for you...I cruising down the freeway last night around 3:00am, I'm doing about 10mph over the limit and spot was must be a CHP car speeding up on me. I maintain my speed cause the freeway is completely empty, no way am I going to get a ticket. The car gets closer and closer and is 100% a CrownVic, so I go ahead a yield the lane. But, the Vic won't pass, just hanging in my blindspot, which is makes me super nervous. Now I'm trading between shaving the brake and letting the car roll but the Vic still won't pass. We go like this for a little over a mile and now I just rather be pulled over than keep playing this game.

Fed up I just brake and pull alongside him only to spot two wannabe Tough Guys grinning, so then I nailed the pedal and it's like they vanished. I swear I only held the pedal down for like a few seconds but I almost hit 130. I guess there's nothing better than cold air and an empty freeway.
Old 7/27/10, 11:44 PM
Cobra R Member

The kids that stare at my GB GT are priceless. They smile from ear to ear. I think they see it as a giant matchbox car.
Old 7/27/10, 11:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Here's my story:

Did you like it?
Old 7/28/10, 12:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Here's my story:

Did you like it?
http://treebeard31.files.wordpress.c...i-was-like.jpg

Last edited by Adam; 7/28/10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 7/28/10, 12:27 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by jetlag
If you didn't get a phone number or some sort of date/booty call, you failed and this story sucks.

j/k
I'd rather die than have a booty call with that chick. She was a nice lady but...
Originally Posted by super6stang
I have a love/hate relationship with my GT/CS so far...
I love this story brandon cuz people do that all the time! They hang right in your blind spot to check out your car.
Originally Posted by Adam2004
The kids that stare at my GB GT are priceless. They smile from ear to ear. I think they see it as a giant matchbox car.
Ah yes, the children. When you see their faces light up you just know they will be stang lovers when they grow up. Thats if they don't get whiplash when they turn their little heads trying to grab a glimpse of the car
Originally Posted by laserred38
Here's my story:

Did you like it?
lol. We'll make another version of this thread for your raptor or SHO Patrick
Old 7/28/10, 12:38 AM
GT Member

This sounds like one of those Camero "everyone looks at me now" threads over on Camero5.com
Old 7/28/10, 12:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lulz. Pretty much sums up my story haha

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
lol. We'll make another version of this thread for your raptor or SHO Patrick
Lol...should be starting new job within the next couple days or next Monday. Will keep you guys posted. 3 more weeks for my DL. Then, depending on the insurance situation, I may be getting a Harley before a new car...I like sportbikes and Harleys (namley Sportsters/Softails), but I know I would be hard pressed to behave on a crotch rocket haha.

Anyways, now back to your normal broadcast. If anyone wants to read my 2010+ story(ies), go through my posts.... Until then, I'll keep telling people how to mod their cars and drool over them.
Old 9/9/10, 01:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

I couldn't make this crap up, here's my lastest Mustang story...

I go to visit a former employee/friend who has a small apartment in Hollywood. As I pull into the courtyard I notice three kids playing (ages 6-10) and they seem to like my car. As I slowly drive past them, one of them replies...wait for it...wait for it, "when I grow up I'm going to STEAL that car!"

That just made my day...
Old 9/9/10, 09:59 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Old 9/9/10, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Mustang story is in my sig, can't wait to add to it with the 5.0.