2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Removed Both Mufflers On 2012 V6

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/11, 09:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is normal when you remove the mufflers you will never get rid of it.
Old 8/1/11, 11:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
That is normal when you remove the mufflers you will never get rid of it.

would i still get this popping if i put on borla or roush mufflers?
Old 8/1/11, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flip

would i still get this popping if i put on borla or roush mufflers?
Get a CAI it will make it deeper and it will pop but nothing like it does without a muffler.
Old 8/1/11, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheNewPony
Get a CAI it will make it deeper and it will pop but nothing like it does without a muffler.

i heard sometimes depending on the CAI that you get....it wont make a difference unless you get a tune. is this true?

any suggestions for CAI? and would this void my warranty?
Old 8/1/11, 01:25 PM
GT Member

i heard sometimes depending on the CAI that you get....it wont make a difference unless you get a tune. is this true?

any suggestions for CAI? and would this void my warranty?
I don't think a CAI will void it but you won't need a tuner for a deeper sound but it would help. The tuner might void your warranty that's why you should wait for your powertrain warranty to run out.
Old 8/1/11, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheNewPony
I don't think a CAI will void it but you won't need a tuner for a deeper sound but it would help. The tuner might void your warranty that's why you should wait for your powertrain warranty to run out.

Thanks for the help. Yeah i was planning on getting a tune later on once the warranty is up... i think i'll try getting a CAI

do you have any recommendations for one? something that would give me that extra couple HP with a much deeper sound? im not sure if there are differences in the types(if one gives a deeper sound than another or one gives more hp than the other etc.)
Old 8/1/11, 03:22 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the help. Yeah i was planning on getting a tune later on once the warranty is up... i think i'll try getting a CAI

do you have any recommendations for one? something that would give me that extra couple HP with a much deeper sound? im not sure if there are differences in the types(if one gives a deeper sound than another or one gives more hp than the other etc.)
I like the airaid but watch some videos on American muscle.
Old 8/1/11, 03:28 PM
V6 Member

[QUOTE="Flip"]

i think i'll try getting a CAI

do you have any recommendations for one?

Any CAI for the V6 is better than none at all...LOL.

All kidding aside, adding a CAI is a must mod for any owner of the 3.7L V6. Any of the top quality brand names of cai's on the market are very comparable when it comes to hp & fpt increases. You could almost close your eyes and pick one and not be disappointed.

That being said I went with the JLT. It was less expensive, $20-30 on average than the other 3-4 I was considering. I also liked the look of JLT's carbon fiber tube better than the others.
Old 8/1/11, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

^^^^

Ooops. Stuck it all in the blue, lol
Old 8/2/11, 05:15 AM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=MCA Coonass;6114777]

i think i'll try getting a CAI

do you have any recommendations for one?

Any CAI for the V6 is better than none at all...LOL.

All kidding aside, adding a CAI is a must mod for any owner of the 3.7L V6. Any of the top quality brand names of cai's on the market are very comparable when it comes to hp & fpt increases. You could almost close your eyes and pick one and not be disappointed.

That being said I went with the JLT. It was less expensive, $20-30 on average than the other 3-4 I was considering. I also liked the look of JLT's carbon fiber tube better than the others.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.... I agree that anything is better than nothing lol ........

I'll have to look some up and pick one.... all this stuff is new to me considering this is my first car and never had experience putting any mods on a car before....

I assume with the CAI you can just plug and play pretty much? is it easy to just put back on the OEM original if taking the car in for service?
Old 8/2/11, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

Installing a CAI is extremely easy. It's about a half hour total. You can even do a search on you tube to find step by step install instructions.
Old 8/3/11, 06:00 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MCA Coonass
Installing a CAI is extremely easy. It's about a half hour total. You can even do a search on you tube to find step by step install instructions.

Thanks, yeah i have seen a few youtube videos.... i'll be checking around this weekend at the shops

thanks for your help
Old 8/3/11, 06:30 AM

Your still going to have the popping but it will sound more "clean" with the Borla or Roush exhaust. Straight pipes are always going to be loud as to there's no cats, mufflers or whatever. But personally I enjoy the sound of straight pipes. I have a 94 Gt that I'm getting ready to put an off road H-pipe on this weekend. That will rattle the windows on my house at idol if I'm sitting in the driveway! It all personal preference..
Old 8/3/11, 07:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JKILL
Your still going to have the popping but it will sound more "clean" with the Borla or Roush exhaust. Straight pipes are always going to be loud as to there's no cats, mufflers or whatever. But personally I enjoy the sound of straight pipes. I have a 94 Gt that I'm getting ready to put an off road H-pipe on this weekend. That will rattle the windows on my house at idol if I'm sitting in the driveway! It all personal preference..

Can you tell me the difference between and off road midpipe (X or H) and a regular X or H midpipe?

currently i do not have a full straight pipe set up... i still have my cats and midpipe stock.... i only cut the mufflers off and got pipes welded on from where the mufflers used to be up to the rear end of the car.... i cant imagine how loud it would be with no cats and a TRUE straight pipe set up....

does anyone know how big the stock pipes are on the 2012 mustang v6 premium with performance package? i assume maybe a little over 2"???

Once warranty is up... i would like to put in between 3" to 4" piping all the way from the engine to the end as a full cat back set up with mufflers... is this possible for my car? also how much hp do you think it would increase?
Old 8/3/11, 08:12 AM

To be honest I'm not sure what the difference would be between H pipe and X pipe. I'm sure there is a difference in flow between the 2 but I may research it because I'm kinda of intrigued myself now. The Guy I bought my Mustang from threw in the H pipe for free I just haven't put them on yet. If you find out the difference between the two let me know in the mean time ill see what I can find out..
Right now I just have my exhaust dumped at the rearend.

Last edited by JKILL; 8/3/11 at 08:17 AM.
Old 8/3/11, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JKILL
To be honest I'm not sure what the difference would be between H pipe and X pipe. I'm sure there is a difference in flow between the 2 but I may research it because I'm kinda of intrigued myself now. The Guy I bought my Mustang from threw in the H pipe for free I just haven't put them on yet. If you find out the difference between the two let me know in the mean time ill see what I can find out..
Right now I just have my exhaust dumped at the rearend.

Well I have read that the x pipe offers a little more performance gain (maybe like 1 or 2hp) than the H pipe.... however, the H pipe gives a much deeper sound.

i believe those are the differences between the 2....however, im not sure how an offroad x or h pipe compares to just a regular one.