2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Questions for the folks that have ordered 11s...

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/10 | 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Send a PM to Jeff (05fordgt). He can do you a deal for Holdback +300$, and have the car dropped off at a local dealer in Fla. There will be another charge/prep fee for the receiving dealer, but if I recall, it was quite reasonable.
that is "Invoice with Holdback", commonly known as "invoice", +$300, right?

"Dealer Price" +$300 would be "below invoice" which really is cutting it too tight for the dealer
Old 4/1/10 | 02:12 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Good luck man. I'm so jealous, but glad you're actually getting it done. I hope they work with you and you get the deal you want. Wanna let me drive it when I'm down there next? Haha we can drive in an open parking lot, since I probably won't have insurance in 2 weeks.
haha when you comin down to SoCal? And now I'm starting to have second thoughts about the brembo package...
Old 4/1/10 | 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm not sure, but I usually make it down there a few times a year. Probably June/July.

I'm on the fence with the Brembo Pkg. I love the wheels, and I love how the brakes look. To me, the wheels and tires are worth it alone, so it IS a good deal. But I can see why if you're not in love with the wheels, it wouldn't be worth it...
Old 4/1/10 | 03:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm not sure, but I usually make it down there a few times a year. Probably June/July.

I'm on the fence with the Brembo Pkg. I love the wheels, and I love how the brakes look. To me, the wheels and tires are worth it alone, so it IS a good deal. But I can see why if you're not in love with the wheels, it wouldn't be worth it...
I definitely think its worth it. I'm just trying to determine if I need it is all. I can save $609 without it. But then again I won't be able to add GT500 wheels w/o buying new tires unless I get it
Old 4/1/10 | 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Radiohead
Thank you, I already did this! Jeff seems to be the man.
Hey bud, I sent you a PM with my email address. Drop me an email and I'll see what I can do for ya. Glad to help out!!!
Old 4/1/10 | 03:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Send a PM to Jeff (05fordgt). He can do you a deal for Holdback +300$, and have the car dropped off at a local dealer in Fla. There will be another charge/prep fee for the receiving dealer, but if I recall, it was quite reasonable.
Originally Posted by todd03blown
This is how I will be ordering mine and have it dropped at my Atlanta area dealer!! Jeff is da man!!
Originally Posted by DontShoot
Yup, that's what I was running into up until I ran across Jeff. The other dealers in this area were just
Thanks very much for the kind words fellas!!!
Old 4/3/10 | 09:50 AM
GT Member

Thank you for all the help. I went to another dealer and they wouldn't go under sticker at all. Waste of time. Anyway, I went back to the original dealer and they went down in price a bit, so I ordered the car today. Can't wait to take her home!

Special thanks to Jeff (I sent you another PM). You have helped us out a lot!
Old 4/3/10 | 12:14 PM

Hello everyone! Im new to this site also. Ive been checking with a few dealers in Orlando to order a 2011 and no one will help me out. One dealer said they dont do special orders and the second one said I couldnt afford a new car and tried to sell me a used 2010. I may be a female but i'm not dumb. How can they turn me down when its a sale for them? Needless to say I will never go back to either. Has anyone else had this problem with finding a dealer to order a 2011? And does anyone know a "good' dealer in the orlando area? Thanks for any help and advice!
Old 4/4/10 | 12:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tigkristina
Hello everyone! Im new to this site also. Ive been checking with a few dealers in Orlando to order a 2011 and no one will help me out. One dealer said they dont do special orders and the second one said I couldnt afford a new car and tried to sell me a used 2010. I may be a female but i'm not dumb. How can they turn me down when its a sale for them? Needless to say I will never go back to either. Has anyone else had this problem with finding a dealer to order a 2011? And does anyone know a "good' dealer in the orlando area? Thanks for any help and advice!
I think I would've hunted down the GM if a salesman dismissed me like that. Man or woman, no excuse for that. I'd also go back by the 'we don't special order' guys in my new car and let 'em know who DID get my money. But I'm kind of an asshat that way...
Old 4/4/10 | 03:29 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

I am a-plan so the price is fixed.
Old 4/4/10 | 05:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I think I would've hunted down the GM if a salesman dismissed me like that. Man or woman, no excuse for that. I'd also go back by the 'we don't special order' guys in my new car and let 'em know who DID get my money. But I'm kind of an asshat that way...
It's funny. Jeff's dealership isn't THAT far away, but there's one that's about 7 minutes away from where I work. I might take my car there for service, though after the stuff they pulled... I might not.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm kinda nervous about going to different dealers to start the order process- if I don't like someone, I won't go back, bottom line. I'd hate to have to go any more than an hour out to find a dealer who will order what I want because whoever is going to work with me to get me the numbers I want is also going to be the ones servicing my Mustang... while I watch from outside the bay. I'm in automotive shops daily with my job- I know what goes on and I won't let my car out of my site while it's getting any service work performed.

I apologize for the tangent. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I'd also go back by the 'we don't special order' guys in my new car and let 'em know who DID get my money. But I'm kind of an asshat that way...
I like the way you think!

If you're ever over in Baton Rouge, hit me up and I'll buy you a brew for this post.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:35 AM
Cobra R Member

LMAO. . . that's EXACTLY what I'd do! I tried to buy a motorcycle from a local dealer and they wouldn't deal. I went to another dealer and bought it THAT day (at a discount, of course) and rode back to the original dealer and asked if they wanted to see my new bike. :-) (This same dealer sells stuff for ABOVE MSRP so that when they offer 10% off sales you're still paying retail. I go in and try stuff on and then order it online . . . because I'm an asshat that way.) :-)
Old 4/4/10 | 05:16 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

you should, What a pathetyic dealership. Its a shame they were not one of the dealers that were closed in the big sweep. Sicne they dont truely car about customers wants/needs.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine was smack dab in the middle of holdback price and MSRP.